KNOCKOFF Ford Ranger Raptor Grille

robear14

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
So I'm supposed to be getting my truck Friday and went on a buying spree over the weekend for some goodies - I ordered the grille from the Toyota accessories guy and got this email today:

"Greetings due to the issue over seas. The government has temporarily closed essentially all manufactures ranging from the little ranger grille warehouse all the way to iphones, GM, Mercedes, Honda and other car manufactures. Its essentially all over the news and many and I mean many suppliers are affected. Basically anything you can think of has been shut down for safety reasons. My sales rep was able to get 15 grilles out of the factory. Now its power off and locked down (No longer allowed inside). We ship everything UPS air and even then, that has almost come to a halt with many hubs closed except a few. This is just a precautionary measure for the country. At this time we managed to get 15 out last night. With that being said if you are getting this email yours did not make it. At this point when everything will be up and running no one knows. Its now become a daily basis. Could be tomorrow or it could be next week. Therefore please let me know how to proceed. Thank you for your time."

Poop. I already started working on the lights. I guess for now I'll have to come up with a way to put them on the stock grille without damaging it and remove them later. Maybe just some exterior grade mounting tape?

edit - just noticed the stock lariat grille has four slots on the upper portion and I have 3 lights.
Sponsored

chuck stein

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma-now-gone
So I'm supposed to be getting my truck Friday and went on a buying spree over the weekend for some goodies - I ordered the grille from the Toyota accessories guy and got this email today:
You buy Ford parts from a Toyota guy....... a bit ironic, no?

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Make your own lights. They are super easy to do and total cost about $13. Mine turned out great.

20191222_145908.jpg

Where did you get the letters for your grill.. I like the multi-color...

Edit: I saw your build thread, you painted them yourself.

Did you buy the black or red letters? Basically did you paint the black on or the red?

Last edited:
OP
OP
chasvs

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase

Did you buy the black or red letters? Basically did you paint the black on or the red?
TRD Vinyls makes Letter overlays in multiple colors.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
TRD Vinyls makes Letter overlays in multiple colors.
Yea I was thinking of rangergrille.com blue letters and using TRD black vinyl over the blue letters.

It seems rangergrille has not updated their site in a while. Been out of blue letters since like October.
They also posted a while back they are bring out the subtle lettering which has never come to pass.

OP
OP
chasvs

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Yea I was thinking of rangergrille.com blue letters and using TRD black vinyl over the blue letters.

It seems rangergrille has not updated their site in a while. Been out of blue letters since like October.
They also posted a while back they are bring out the subtle lettering which has never come to pass.
You could always Spray Paint the Black Letters of the Knock Off Grille Blue and use the Black overlays (TVD Vinyl Decals) on them. The letters are indvidually attached and removeable for painting. You may already know that, and if so, justignore my comment.... :>)

Last edited:

Sunpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase

The grille I bought came with the letters. Everything was in a matte black paint. I did the whole grille in gloss black to match the truck. I painted the letters a gloss red, then after they dried I taped off the red and painted the surfaces black. It wasn't hard.

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Has anyone relocated their adaptive cruise control sensor with one of these grills? I am thinking I will eventually move toward an aftermarket bumper and perhaps a winch and will need to move that sensor.

chuck stein

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma-now-gone
They mimic the original Raptor look. They use hardly any power since they are LEDs. Maybe a few tenths of an amp?
"Hardly any power". That was said when incandescent light bulbs were invented ;)
Wanna-be Raptor seems to be the fad of the day. Why don't Ford just bring a damn Ranger Raptor to the US?

Another sales gimmick (Tacoma does the same thing, don't know why). Sales gimmicks are not for me. In recent days I have found this Ford Ranger to not be a wise purchase choice, from cheazy fake engine noise piped into the cabin via radio, to an actual Ford letter I got in reply to my inquiry (Ford replies with BS and lies).
I was looking to buy a 2021 Ranger, but no more, bought a Colorado ZR2 w/ Edlebrock SC ! Adios Ranger. Adios 5G forum.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Has anyone relocated their adaptive cruise control sensor with one of these grills? I am thinking I will eventually move toward an aftermarket bumper and perhaps a winch and will need to move that sensor.
I'm not sure this will work with the Raptor grille but there is a relocation bracket for the ACC. @HoosierT installed it and did a write up on it here. You could always call the company and see if it'll fit.

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
THank you. I wasnt sure if having the plastic in front would mess up the sensor.

Sunpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
"Hardly any power". That was said when incandescent light bulbs were invented ;)
Wanna-be Raptor seems to be the fad of the day. Why don't Ford just bring a damn Ranger Raptor to the US?

Another sales gimmick (Tacoma does the same thing, don't know why). Sales gimmicks are not for me. In recent days I have found this Ford Ranger to not be a wise purchase choice, from cheazy fake engine noise piped into the cabin via radio, to an actual Ford letter I got in reply to my inquiry (Ford replies with BS and lies).
I was looking to buy a 2021 Ranger, but no more, bought a Colorado ZR2 w/ Edlebrock SC ! Adios Ranger. Adios 5G forum.
Sorry to hear you went with a Chevy, to each his own. I love my Ranger and am happy with it. Head over to your new forum... we won't miss you here.

BaGMaN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
USAF Retired
Need to know this one too. Have the grill installed and looking at bumper.
Sponsored