OP
chasvs

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
"Hardly any power". That was said when incandescent light bulbs were invented ;)
Wanna-be Raptor seems to be the fad of the day. Why don't Ford just bring a damn Ranger Raptor to the US?

Another sales gimmick (Tacoma does the same thing, don't know why). Sales gimmicks are not for me. In recent days I have found this Ford Ranger to not be a wise purchase choice, from cheazy fake engine noise piped into the cabin via radio, to an actual Ford letter I got in reply to my inquiry (Ford replies with BS and lies).
I was looking to buy a 2021 Ranger, but no more, bought a Colorado ZR2 w/ Edlebrock SC ! Adios Ranger. Adios 5G forum.
Buh Bye! You won't be missed!
Sponsored

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat (previously 2012 Ford SVT Raptor)
Has anyone relocated their adaptive cruise control sensor with one of these grills? I am thinking I will eventually move toward an aftermarket bumper and perhaps a winch and will need to move that sensor.
I installed the ACC relocation kit when I installed my ADD front bumper. It’s a tricky little install, but not terrible. Getting the module out of the bumper and bracket is probably the hardest part.

The ACC works fine behind the RTR grille. As long as the grille is plastic, you should have no issues.

Reactions: Doc

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat (previously 2012 Ford SVT Raptor)
Here’s my install pic...

upload_2020-2-21_12-37-22.jpeg

robear14

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Small update - I got an email Friday morning from the Toyota accessories guy stating that the factory was back up and running and they should start shipping more units soon. Just checked my email and I have a tracking number!

robear14

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Late to the party, but I finally got it done. I painted the grill and the letters gloss black then put metallic blue vinyl lettering on top. The lights were sprayed with a few coats of smoke Plastidip before I attached them so that the orange wouldn't stand out too much during the day.
IMG_20200308_172101.jpg
IMG_20200308_190157.jpg
IMG_20200308_190330.jpg
IMG_20200309_060127.jpg

Rangergrille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT
Hello Everybody!

For all grilles purchased at www.rangergrille.com using one of the following promo codes , we will donate $25 under your name (as given on order) to your chosen charity, (a confirmation will be sent to your email confirming the donation).
Only one code per purchase, and can not be applied with an other promo codes.

Ranger Raptor Style Grille Link
redcross25 - $25 Donation To The American Red Cross
nokidhunrgy25 - $25 Donation To No Kid Hungry
feedingamerica25 - $25 Donation To Feeding America
fisherhouse25 - $25 Donation to the Fisher House Foundation

Raul R.

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Late to the party, but I finally got it done. I painted the grill and the letters gloss black then put metallic blue vinyl lettering on top. The lights were sprayed with a few coats of smoke Plastidip before I attached them so that the orange wouldn't stand out too much during the day.
IMG_20200308_172101.jpg
IMG_20200308_190157.jpg
IMG_20200308_190330.jpg
IMG_20200309_060127.jpg

Raul R.

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Love the blue lettering on the black grille. I just received my grill and I am planning on painting it. Did you have to use a primer or sand the grille to adhere the paint? Thanks.

robear14

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Love the blue lettering on the black grille. I just received my grill and I am planning on painting it. Did you have to use a primer or sand the grille to adhere the paint? Thanks.
I did use a primer - but I didn't sand it before priming - there are too many curves, angles, and little spots. I did lightly wet sand some larger areas between coats to get rid of drips and imperfections.

Reactions: Doc

LRB45

First Name
LONNY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER
Vehicle Showcase
I like the look of the rapter grilles but now that it seems everyone is going that direction I was looking for something different and came across this on instagram. I like keeping the ranger lettering in addiiton to the large block ford letters but can't seem to find this style anywhere.

I relaize this is a EU model so perhaps that's where the problem lies but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a source for this styel

1586977479101.png

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
I like the look of the rapter grilles but now that it seems everyone is going that direction I was looking for something different and came across this on instagram. I like keeping the ranger lettering in addiiton to the large block ford letters but can't seem to find this style anywhere.

I relaize this is a EU model so perhaps that's where the problem lies but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a source for this styel

1586977479101.png
I have similar thoughts on the Raptor-style grille...love the way it looks, but would like to keep the bezel. I came across this one, but it's also for the overseas T8 Rangers and don't know if it would fit ours.
Sponsored