Keep the fresh air off forever.

Azgoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
I drive mostly in traffic and not a fan of smelling auto exhaust. Is there a setting to keep the recirculating on forever? Every other car I either had a lever or just stayed in the closed position.
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
The HVAC system in these things are weird for sure. I've got the old timey system in my Ranger, and it does the same thing. Hit the recirculation button, and somewhere along the line it will go off. But, when I turn on the A/C the recirculation light comes on, and stays on until I turn it off. I don't know any way to to bypass that.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I think at some point you are no better off re-breathing interior air so there is typically a timer built in. You manually have to re-engage the recirculation.

Take a peek at your interior air filter some time.

melvin king

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I drive mostly in traffic and not a fan of smelling auto exhaust. Is there a setting to keep the recirculating on forever? Every other car I either had a lever or just stayed in the closed position.
Put the climate on auto, set the temp on low. turn the fan speed down and the recirculation stays off. I don't how long, but I have done this for 30 min.

melvin king

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Put the climate on auto, set the temp on low. turn the fan speed down and the recirculation stays off. I don't how long, but I have done this for 30 min.
I forgot, must be on maxair.

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
Take the HVAC out of Auto. My recirc has never disengaged in this position

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Mine always defaults back to recirculating after a few minutes. Not sure how long. I usually keep mine on recirculating because it's so damn hot down here and much cooler air comes out on recirculating. It won’t let me use recirculating on the defroster.
not worried about the air going stagnant with recirculation because I have to air the truck out for fresh air anyway every once in a while because, well, I'm an old Greek guy and I eat lamb and olive oil and my farts run me out of my own cab if I don't crank them windows down every once in a while to air it out.
1627163138473.png

And then I fart again.

1627163240725.png
Sponsored

Last edited: