Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
As a young electrician I worked construction, IBEW LU 369. I spent some time with brick layers installing conduit for you guys to embed in your brick work, for flush receptacles and switches. Brings back some old memories. I wish you well in retirement. I highly recommend it.
Hi Gregg,

Retirement is so UNDERRATED!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Hi Gregg,

Retirement is so UNDERRATED!

it's even better being retired with a job just to piss of other people because I don't need to work. i laugh at others who hate their job doing the same thing as me... work is easier when you don't need to and it keeps me out of trouble

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Great seeing other vets and first responders here! Currently work as a 9-1-1 dispatcher, also occasionally still respond to calls as a volunteer FF. Worked plently of jobs over the years starting at age 5 delivering newspapers till I graduated HS and joined the Army. Also worked some other jobs during HS. After Army did security, construction in various aspects, delivery driver for food service, DirecTv tech and then finally to where I'm currently at and hope to stay until I get my time in to retire.
I was an Infantryman stationed at Schofield Barracks, hell of an experience in many aspects. Probably the best was getting to meet and speak with Pearl Harbor survivors stationed at Schofield during that time. I do miss the island tho..

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I've had a mostly "internal Combustion" life. My first real job was in 1965 part time at a car wash starting at 95¢ an hour. Car washes weren't robotic like they are now- hand washed, towel dried. I then worked at half a dozen gas stations (there was no self service then), finally achieving Night Shift Closer at the last one for $1.60/hr. My first full time job was driving forklift for Whirlpool until I got drafted, and went to Viet Nam as a infantryman in the Americal Division. Came back, got on the same forklift I was driving before and stayed there until they closed the St Paul Division in 1984 and started selling cars. I worked at mostly Ford dealerships with a Pontiac/Oldsmobile/Cadillac/GMC store in the mix and one Chrysler-Plymouth store for about 2 months: had a Caravelle for a demo...ish:puke:. Back to Ford for a while then I started driving semis in 1995, same-day trips for 10 years then over the road until I (semi) retired in 2016. I still do an overnight once or twice a month. It's good walkin' around money, and I can cherry pick the runs: deliver to inner city Chicago at 4pm? uh, no. How about Tulsa, pre loaded, no-touch freight and return empty dunnage from the same place? Good to go!

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
Retired Recovery Auditor. "Recovery auditing is the systematic process of reviewing disbursement transactions and the related supporting data to identify and recover various forms of over payments and under-deductions to suppliers."

In other words, it is the recovery of lost money. For this service, the auditors were initially paid as straight commission only. If you didn't find anything, you didn't make anything. Now it's more of a salary plus commission.

I did that work for nearly 25 years until I retired in 2017. There were some slightly lean years, but there were some very good years too.

Prior to that, I spent 25 years in the grocery industry, most of that time as a buyer for one of their distribution centers.

Jtholz

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, FX4, Blackout, 501A, Tow Package
Vehicle Showcase
I’m a manager in the import/export/logistics department for the Kawasaki plant in Lincoln, NE. We’re the only plant in the world that makes the Mule, Teryx, and JetSki products. Sister plant next door makes mass transit rail cars for the east coast railways.
Haha! I used to work at that plant for a short year. I worked on the powder paint line for the Mule in the early 90s.

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical engineer.
I design cranes, windlasses, winches, capstans etc. Basically custom marine offshore and shipboard deck equipment. Customers are mainly navy, coastguard, oilrigs, mining companies etc. Or whoever has money and wants one.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Used to be in Information Services as a Systems Analyst, moved over to Public Works as Administrative Analyst and worked between City and DoD on contractual services for last part of slave days.

Now, as an underrated (nod to @P. A. Schilke ) retired type, I am soooooooooo glad I retired early and have been too busy enjoying everything better more (good word) since 2015.

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
I'm a pharmacy automation consultant for a worldwide medical technologies company.
Sponsored