First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
It’s like “ew you spilled a bit oil on the radiator cover “ now i have to clean it up.. was my experience but overall a job well done by kids and I did bitch about it so hopefully they learn… all else was well done…
Sponsored

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
I'll take the fender access over the "from the top" paper cartridges I also have in the driveway. Two of the four shits are like that... Bah.

Need to consume all the points before I do the Ranger's oil myself. Oil change and a tire rotation, yes please.

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
2 of the easiest oil changers for me. The 05 4.0 taco and the 68 390 Ford.
The taco was up front upside down. The ford was on the bottom right side up. You could drain the pan and filter at the same time iirc.

Op the time you wasted could of done the job yourself.
I second that on the 2nd gen Taco. 10 minute DIY changes possible without spilling a drop. Best part is the oil filter has a funnel/drain hose arrangement similar to Ranger but easier to locate and at front of vehicle. With the Ranger it's hard to spot where the oil will come out (until it hits the driveway).

DRVMN

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Occupation
High School Mathematics Instructor
Easiest vehicle I ever did an oil change on - my step-daughter's 2012 Chevrolet Cruze with the 1.8 liter engine. Drain plug is close to the front and is on the bottom, so when the oil gushes out, it goes straight down, not missing the oil drain pan. The oil filter is on top, connected to the oil filter housing cap. Let the oil drain out, remove the filter and no drips or spills. Nothing interferes with the removal. My son's 2014 Cruze has the 1.4 turbo and there is hose for the turbo that creates a slight obstruction when removing the oil filter, but no big deal.

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
The first vehicle I saw with that design was my wife's MB back in '98 . Her new one is the same . You unscrew the cover and let the filter cartridge drain in the built in funnel while you are vacuuming out the old oil . The new Bronco with the 2.7 has that now I think . Easiest oil changes ever .
That's how I change the oil in my wife's '06 MB. I literally could do it a tuxedo.

DonB

Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 HPR Ranger Super Cab FX4
Occupation
Retired
Need an oil change before taking a trip this week (archery antelope). Too much on my plate to do myself. Quick Lane at the dealer is closed on Sundays...So I was the second car at Jiffy Lube this morning.

Waited 20 minutes for them to wheel my truck inside, only to be told they didn't have the ability to access the vehicle's oil filter. I told them where it was and how to do it, no dice. Yeesh.

Anyone else experienced this? Can they also not do oil changes on Ford Explorers and other vehicles with this motor?

Hope Quick Lane will fit my truck in tomorrow if I drop it off at 8am.
" So I was the second car at Jiffy Lube this morning. "

Spotted the problem.
Sponsored