Jeeps! And Some Jeep Drivers!

sklnbnz

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Sport
We get that from Jeeps and Tacos turning their nose up at our Ranger and our Bronco (Some of the Die Hard Tacoma drivers are the worst though).... I don't hold any ill will, but it is comical how "exclusive" some get with off-road things (You can't go with us etc...). This weekend we did a Bronco Run and had a guy in a Wrangler 392 join us (That thing sounded amazing). He was shocked that A.) we let him join us at all (there was never any question)... B.) The Broncos were capable and actually had less trouble in some spots than the Jeep. (They were, in all fairness, relatively new Off Road drivers). At the end of the day, we have been both welcomed and shunned (more shunning) for our rigs because I guess only Jeeps and Tacos are good off road.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
One thing I will say that i just love about the "Harley" individuals out there is they are all about American made!! And yet most likely own a Japanese car or truck!!
Hi Chris! That is the way some, not all, Harley riders used to be. Anymore, that is really not the case, at least with the people riding Harleys that I meet. So many parts are made overseas, it is pretty much impossible to by any motorcycle or vehicle without imported parts. Heck, the new Bronco Sport that I have on order was just finished being made in Mexico! Anyway, this Harley and Yamaha motorcycle owner thinks that it would be great to buy a fully American made motorcycle with American built parts, but it really is impossible these days!
Phil
IMG_1945.jpg
IMG_2787.jpg

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Hi Chris! That is the way some, not all, Harley riders used to be. Anymore, that is really not the case, at least with the people riding Harleys that I meet. So many parts are made overseas, it is pretty much impossible to by any motorcycle or vehicle without imported parts. Heck, the new Bronco Sport that I have on order was just finished being made in Mexico! Anyway, this Harley and Yamaha motorcycle owner thinks that it would be great to buy a fully American made motorcycle with American built parts, but it really is impossible these days!
Phil
IMG_1945.jpg
IMG_2787.jpg
You are not wrong about that. If anything you at least know what I mean

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Phil, I understand how aggravating that kind of stuff is, but you did the right thing. Continue helping people, and let Karma do the rest. :)

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
Phil, I understand how aggravating that kind of stuff is, but you did the right thing. Continue helping people, and let Karma do the rest. :)
Thanks Jim! I was brought up many years ago to be helpful and kind. As I got older the more I realized it was the correct thing to do. I will continue trying to be helpful and hopefully others will be that way as well. Yes, Karma can be an awesome teacher too :like:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Thanks Jim! I was brought up many years ago to be helpful and kind. As I got older the more I realized it was the correct thing to do. I will continue trying to be helpful and hopefully others will be that way as well. Yes, Karma can be an awesome teacher too :like:
It sounds like you were raised like me. My dear old Dad has been gone a long time, but I'm sure he would find a way get me if I didn't continue to do as he taught me. :)

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
4 door jeeps are not really jeep people. They are bandwagon people that like the idea of it. Heck some might be more hard core and say a hard top is not a true jeep person. There is a 4 door JKU in my garage, it might never see a trail. Its not mine. It is a jeep thing and I dont get it.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Unfortunately Phil it's just getting worse in todays society. Seems like politeness is a thing of the past and I'm almost taken back when some says "thank you" to me now for holding the door. Still I won't let that stop me from being polite but I'll make a smug remark back like "you're welcome". lol

No kidding. I always opened doors for older people, Women, parents with children etc. Now we are getting to that age and no one opens the door for us. Matter of fact the other day I was a Menards with all this lumber and it was busy and I was trying to get it out the door. Sandy opens the door for me and a bunch of people just keep piling through. Bunch of entitled young people.

You mentioned Harleys earlier. I am from Wisconsin and if you drive on the Road it has to be a Harley. They have Honda drops here. I have always wanted a Harley but it just another expensive hobby I do not need and more time I do not have.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
No kidding. I always opened doors for older people, Women, parents with children etc. Now we are getting to that age and no one opens the door for us. Matter of fact the other day I was a Menards with all this lumber and it was busy and I was trying to get it out the door. Sandy opens the door for me and a bunch of people just keep piling through. Bunch of entitled young people.

You mentioned Harleys earlier. I am from Wisconsin and if you drive on the Road it has to be a Harley. They have Honda drops here. I have always wanted a Harley but it just another expensive hobby I do not need and more time I do not have.
I've always hold the door for anyone who is behind me, especially if they're elderly I'll even wait a bit longer if they're farther away. I'm sure some will disagree but that's just another reason the country is the way it is now, no manners anymore! I can remember when I was little and my mom would always say "what do you say" when someone gave me something or did something for me. I guess that just got embedded in my brain and I'm glad it did.

All of us drove race bikes but we never cared what anyone else drove. We would go to bike week up in Laconia, NH every year which was loaded with Harleys. Most were friendly and we had a good time checking out everyones rides. At the end of the day we're all bikers and I never understood this animosity towards others. :crazy: Funny things is now that we're all "older" my friends all have Harleys now. lol

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
OP.....should have asked him how his "death wobble" was doing. No not a jeep hater but short of a Grand Cherokee, I have yet to ride in one jeep that rode nice...oh same for Harleys. Interestingly enough I am in Hendronville, NC potentially jeep/taco capitol of the east. Just came from Pisgah National Forest not much love for Rangers here.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Hi Dave!!!
Thanks for taking pity on me and offering me to tag along with you guys! You're awesome!!! Yes, I agree with you on the Harley vs Metric childish crap from long ago. I am one of those strange bikers that has a Harley Street Glide and an older Yamaha Road Star that I am restoring. I love all scoots and off road vehicles too! Again, I must be in the minority to have both a Harley & Yamaha! I keep flipping myself off, depending on the scoot I am riding that day...LOL!!!
I don't understand most people.
Like you I have a Harley(shovel '96 & a 80 Honda CB750F super sport, talk about different
ends of the spectrum). Like my sports car, a BRZ & the truck, they both serve their purpose.
Yrs ago when I was in Alberta, was talking with people about bikes & I was talking
about the good points & bad points of Kawa's, Yamaha's, Honda's etc & they could not figure me out, how come I was not a true Honda guy???? WTF, everything has it's good/bad points.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
You're a good person Dave, like myself and all the others here didn't already know that!!! Being kind and thoughtful sets a good example and I still do that as well.
I try to be rude & disrespecful as possible but being Canadian I end up saying , please, thank you & sorry.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
OP.....should have asked him how his "death wobble" was doing. No not a jeep hater but short of a Grand Cherokee, I have yet to ride in one jeep that rode nice...oh same for Harleys. Interestingly enough I am in Hendronville, NC potentially jeep/taco capitol of the east. Just came from Pisgah National Forest not much love for Rangers here.
Hi Todd!
I really didn't want to get into a pissing match with him. I actually like Jeeps and because of the longer wheelbase of the Gladiator I had, it actually rode pretty good! I have back issues so I changed the rear suspension and seat on my Harley Street Glide and it rides like a sofa on wheels! However when I first bought it, I think it rated up there with dump truck comfort!!! When people stop worrying about what off road vehicle a person drives and just enjoy the drives with others, this world will be a better spot to play in :clap:
Phil

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
I don't understand most people.
Like you I have a Harley(shovel '96 & a 80 Honda CB750F super sport, talk about different
ends of the spectrum). Like my sports car, a BRZ & the truck, they both serve their purpose.
Yrs ago when I was in Alberta, was talking with people about bikes & I was talking
about the good points & bad points of Kawa's, Yamaha's, Honda's etc & they could not figure me out, how come I was not a true Honda guy???? WTF, everything has it's good/bad points.
You are 100% correct, sir!
Sponsored