Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in SC on the NC border in a Charlotte suburb and saw about a half dozen. Probably more downtown and elsewhere in NC.
I don't know why but here in Greensboro NC, I'm not seeing much at all...except on dealer lots:crazy:

Haha...I think we've successfully hijacked this thread...where should we take this plane?:bandit:
Sponsored

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
The Gladiator has never done anything for me.

I've always felt it was a homely truck with proportions that were all "wrong" somehow.

However, the J6 Concept that Jeep recently showed, THAT hits the spot!

jeep-j6-24.jpg

j6-025.jpg

j6-022.jpg

2 door convertible, 35's on stock suspension, 6 speed manual. Sign me up.

I've never liked the AEV Brute conversions either as they also didn't quite flow, but this one looks "right".

If they build it, keep the price in the $30's and call it the Scrambler, it will be a license for FCA to print money.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
The Gladiator has never done anything for me.

I've always felt it was a homely truck with proportions that were all "wrong" somehow.

However, the J6 Concept that Jeep recently showed, THAT hits the spot!

If they build it, keep the price in the $30's and call it the Scrambler, it will be a license for FCA to print money.
Most of the concepts never get built. In this case, Jeep specifically didn't build a 2 door even though there were pictures of it in development. I'd guess they decided the take rate would be too low. Plus, they seem to be sitting on a lot of gladiators already. (It's the only thing in the jeep lineup that's got a big "SALE" sign on the front door.) I can't see jeep investing in a larger gladiator lineup right now unless they find a way to share enough parts to keep it from costing anything (which seems hard/unlikely). Maybe if there's a standard cab option on the dakota, but the reality is that nobody thinks they can make money on a standard cab midsize so I wouldn't hold my breath. Only other way would be if competition from ford in the bronco pushes them to open a different front in the ORV war, but I don't think they'd spend that much money just to try to steal ford's press.
Sponsored