First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
I try to be rude & disrespecful as possible but being Canadian I end up saying , please, thank you & sorry.
See, you're not such a bad guy after all :like:
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
4 door jeeps are not really jeep people. They are bandwagon people that like the idea of it. Heck some might be more hard core and say a hard top is not a true jeep person. There is a 4 door JKU in my garage, it might never see a trail. Its not mine. It is a jeep thing and I dont get it.
Agreed. 4 door Jeeps are not Jeeps. They're busses.
I've always hold the door for anyone who is behind me, especially if they're elderly I'll even wait a bit longer if they're farther away. I'm sure some will disagree but that's just another reason the country is the way it is now, no manners anymore! I can remember when I was little and my mom would always say "what do you say" when someone gave me something or did something for me. I guess that just got embedded in my brain and I'm glad it did.
I'll loudly proclaim "You're welcome!" When they forget to say thankyou.

Probably doesn't help them think about it. But it makes me feel better about it.

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
This is my 4 x 4. I don't mind any make or model of 4 wheelers as long as they "Tread Lightly" and stay relatively sober.

It's great to see people get out of the city enjoying our great countryside.
IMG_3789 copy 2.jpg

Deleted member 15875

Took my Ranger Tremor out for a ride to a state park yesterday. Just a nice sunny day for a relaxing drive. Came across an area for scenic views and saw 3 Jeep Wranglers parked. They were all backed in and 2 of the ladies with them were out of the vehicles talking. As we drove by I rolled my window down and said nice Jeeps, sorry I forgot my ducks. We all got a laugh out of that and one of the guys asked if I knew anything about radios. Being a ham radio operator, I said a little. He came over to my Ranger and showed me his Baofeng UV5R. He said he could not transmit on GMRS frequencies. He was not a ham or licensed for GMRS operations but I took a look at his radio and told him to write down his info and I would check into it later when I was home. He asked why I drove a "Ford" and not a Jeep. I told him I had had Jeeps in the past, my last one being a 21 Gladiator Rubicon. He asked why I would get rid of such an awesome truck? I told Him I got a new truck and money back in the deal to take care of dog surgeries that were very costly. He said ok and that I would always be a "Jeeple" like him and his friends.
Later when I got home I found out after about an hours research that the newer UV5R radios are blocked for GMRS channels and I texted him and explained everything to him. I was not aware of that. I told him I would see if I could find a work around. He texted back about a half hour later and said another friend found a modification on YouTube and it now worked. I told him great! OK, now here is the kicker....
He told me that if I ever got another Jeep, that I would be welcome to join up with them on their drives! I guess this "Jeeple" person is not welcome to drive with them, in one of them "Ranger Tremor" trucks!!! After all my trying to be kind and helpful to another fellow off road enthusiast, I am not worthy of driving with them. What a surprise response I got. I would expect this from some young kids, but a grown man, wow! I thought that this "mine is better than yours and your not welcome with us" crap that I experienced with very young motorcycle riders stopped many years ago. Unbelievable... So much for being a nice guy!
Judging people by what they drive and not by who they are is beyond immature!!!
Thanks for letting me vent!!!
Phil in Tennessee with the unworthy Ranger!!!
The world is a sad place to live now. People only care about themselves, have no sense of common courtesy or helping a fellow man. It depresses me to be honest. Differences in opinion used to be tolerated so long as things remained civilized, but today, anything is possible. Just a sad state of affairs. Sorry, end of rant. :)

Deleted member 15875

The Harley guys were certianly something else back when I rode a lot . I had a Yamaha Star that I painted as an American flag and the Harley folks always gave me crap about it. Very rude crap. More than once I was asked why I had a POS metric bike painted as an American flag . Because I'm a F'ing American was my reply.
Most didn't know that I had a decked out Fatboy painted the exact same way but the local Harley club always tried to get me to ride with them , as long as I was on the Harley . I turned them down everytime if I couldn't ride on my Yamaha . They would always scoff at me at bike nights because when I rode the Harley I would wear the Yamaha shirts and when on the Star I would be wearing HD , lol.
img_1_1669076828420.jpg
I don't know if this is common knowledge, but Harley guys gargle with turpentine because they can. :D

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Took my Ranger Tremor out for a ride to a state park yesterday. Just a nice sunny day for a relaxing drive. Came across an area for scenic views and saw 3 Jeep Wranglers parked. They were all backed in and 2 of the ladies with them were out of the vehicles talking. As we drove by I rolled my window down and said nice Jeeps, sorry I forgot my ducks. We all got a laugh out of that and one of the guys asked if I knew anything about radios. Being a ham radio operator, I said a little. He came over to my Ranger and showed me his Baofeng UV5R. He said he could not transmit on GMRS frequencies. He was not a ham or licensed for GMRS operations but I took a look at his radio and told him to write down his info and I would check into it later when I was home. He asked why I drove a "Ford" and not a Jeep. I told him I had had Jeeps in the past, my last one being a 21 Gladiator Rubicon. He asked why I would get rid of such an awesome truck? I told Him I got a new truck and money back in the deal to take care of dog surgeries that were very costly. He said ok and that I would always be a "Jeeple" like him and his friends.
Later when I got home I found out after about an hours research that the newer UV5R radios are blocked for GMRS channels and I texted him and explained everything to him. I was not aware of that. I told him I would see if I could find a work around. He texted back about a half hour later and said another friend found a modification on YouTube and it now worked. I told him great! OK, now here is the kicker....
He told me that if I ever got another Jeep, that I would be welcome to join up with them on their drives! I guess this "Jeeple" person is not welcome to drive with them, in one of them "Ranger Tremor" trucks!!! After all my trying to be kind and helpful to another fellow off road enthusiast, I am not worthy of driving with them. What a surprise response I got. I would expect this from some young kids, but a grown man, wow! I thought that this "mine is better than yours and your not welcome with us" crap that I experienced with very young motorcycle riders stopped many years ago. Unbelievable... So much for being a nice guy!
Judging people by what they drive and not by who they are is beyond immature!!!
Thanks for letting me vent!!!
Phil in Tennessee with the unworthy Ranger!!!
As my wife and I all too often say these days “ no good deed goes unpunished “

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Unfortunately Phil it's just getting worse in todays society. Seems like politeness is a thing of the past and I'm almost taken back when some says "thank you" to me now for holding the door. Still I won't let that stop me from being polite but I'll make a smug remark back like "you're welcome". lol
My wife and I will compliment a parent when their young children exercise common courtesy and politeness.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I think it's at least partially due to a generation that has little physical interaction with people.

For an example, a friend's dad passed away a while back.

His daughter said that she got dozens of comments on social media but not a single one of her "friends" showed up for her grandpa's funeral, and they were local. It really made her think about those types of relationships.
ED ZACHARY

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
it is silly how folks take a brand loyalty thing too extreme . same with sports teams too. im cool with most brands.
Had a guy at work close to punch me when i hung the sports section outside my cubicle when the Patriots went 19-1

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
And sadly these were one of the better Jeeps made......

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
And sadly these were one of the better Jeeps made......

Lol and my 1993 Pathfinder was rated better than it by Car & Driver!!
Sponsored