Jeep Comanche

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
While I would also dig a 2 door midsize truck, the market won't support it.

If they released one, all the enthusiasts would collectively yell "YES!!" and then maybe 23 people would actually go out and buy it.

2 door trucks are unfortunately going the way of the manual transmission, which is why that J6 concept Jeep will most likely never see production.
There are a lot around here in farm land. And companies that use fleet vehicles would buy them up too. My Uncle always bought a single cab F150 for work (contractor). A Mav that could carry a bunch of tools + ladders on a rack and get over 30mpg I would think would be attractive to small business owners.
Sponsored

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
a couple days ago in the sams parking lot a saw a guy with a newish f150 long bed- like the used to be long 8 foot bed, single cab and 4x4. i wash shocked. he likely thought i was a jerk staring at him but i have never seen a newer truck that was pickup truck like.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
There are a lot around here in farm land. And companies that use fleet vehicles would buy them up too. My Uncle always bought a single cab F150 for work (contractor). A Mav that could carry a bunch of tools + ladders on a rack and get over 30mpg I would think would be attractive to small business owners.
ive noticed over seas has more utility based configurations than we get in the states. single cabs and long beds are popular other places. id love a single cab ranger with a six foot bed and 4x4. it would be a hoot.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
ive noticed over seas has more utility based configurations than we get in the states. single cabs and long beds are popular other places. id love a single cab ranger with a six foot bed and 4x4. it would be a hoot.
I have the six foot bed with the supercab. Works great for plywood, 12 foot boards, even brought home a 16 foot gate once. But I had to drive hours to find one.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
While I would also dig a 2 door midsize truck, the market won't support it.

If they released one, all the enthusiasts would collectively yell "YES!!" and then maybe 23 people would actually go out and buy it.

2 door trucks are unfortunately going the way of the manual transmission, which is why that J6 concept Jeep will most likely never see production.
All my F150's were a 2dr regular cab short bed up until 2015-2016 I think is when they stopped making them. I never needed a 4 dr and they were difficult to find back then on the dealers lots so most I had to order. Of course back then it only took 6-8 weeks unlike today where it can take years.

Muscleford

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat, 84 & 85 5.0 Merc Capri,14 Fusion
Occupation
Retired
I have the six foot bed with the supercab. Works great for plywood, 12 foot boards, even brought home a 16 foot gate once. But I had to drive hours to find one.
I had to special order my SuperCab.

brroberts

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD SuperCab
Occupation
audio / semi retired
I still use my ‘98 C2500 2 door 8’ bed. I am not the market though because I buy a new vehicle every 15 - 20 years. Whatever meets my needs best at that time is what I buy. I really don‘t like pickups with less than 8’ beds, but the Ranger was the cheapest vehicle that met my needs, and no midsize has an 8’ bed.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
How long before the wind catches that top and rips it off?
Sponsored