Jamboree Poll

Are you interested in attending a Get Together of Ranger Enthusiasts in N Colorado Summer 2021?

• Total voters
OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Mark,

Wife has encouraged our attendance. We are gray hairs...She is going to be 80 and I will be 72, so old farts.... We will also be pulling the Ranger behind our 40 ft Alfa motorhome and to dry camp we have to run the generator to recharge the batteries during the day to keep our 22cuft Whirlpool residential fridge running. Can you contain a motorhome this size....Most state and National parks have no sites long enough...

Might not be doable....
Phil
I would be honored my man. We are 57 and 54 and sure like the wisdom of hanging out with your age group! As far as the RV.....We actually lived in a 42' Monte Carlo for a couple of years (16'-18') when I got out of grad school...matter of fact, we moved here to Colorado in 2018 but couldn't find a place to fulltime so we ditched it for a condo. We just bought a townhome here in Windsor during COVID no less, used my VA for the first time.
So for parking the RV...if you can Boondock I think you would be good where I want to set us up. If not there are pay campgrounds along the river, very close by, that are run by a private contractor for the Forest Service. There is a website to make reservations, which is why planning way out is important...these places are full all summer. Once we get a date set I'll get you a website for reservations. Also, you could park over here by our place on the street if you get up here early for a few days. We'll figure it out....heck ya'll will be the guests of honor....:clap:
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Phil
I would be honored my man. We are 57 and 54 and sure like the wisdom of hanging out with your age group! As far as the RV.....We actually lived in a 42' Monte Carlo for a couple of years (16'-18') when I got out of grad school...matter of fact, we moved here to Colorado in 2018 but couldn't find a place to fulltime so we ditched it for a condo. We just bought a townhome here in Windsor during COVID no less, used my VA for the first time.
So for parking the RV...if you can Boondock I think you would be good where I want to set us up. If not there are pay campgrounds along the river, very close by, that are run by a private contractor for the Forest Service. There is a website to make reservations, which is why planning way out is important...these places are full all summer. Once we get a date set I'll get you a website for reservations. Also, you could park over here by our place on the street if you get up here early for a few days. We'll figure it out....heck ya'll will be the guests of honor....:clap:
Hi Mark,

Okay! Lets make this happen!!! :) :turkey:

OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Mark,

Okay! Lets make this happen!!! :) :turkey:
Phil....how wide is your Alpha? Trying to figure out the places we could get you parked.....did you say you can boondock with your generator setup or do you need A/C? There are several locations where I'm trying to put us all. It's a first come first served situation so I would take a couple of days off to secure the area.

canigetadollar?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Fun Haver
East Coast Jamboree > West Coast Jamboree.

Asheville anyone?

OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase

OP
OP
txquailguy

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Split time! If you must know.
We would definitely be willing to take a road trip out to the east coast. I can't do it in 2021 because we need to get down to Texas in late May for our niece's HS graduation. Then we'll have the gathering up here in Colorado later in the summer (if it goes down). It looks like it will happen. We have much more interest behind the scenes than the poll shows....

canigetadollar?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Fun Haver
We would definitely be willing to take a road trip out to the east coast. I can't do it in 2021 because we need to get down to Texas in late May for our niece's HS graduation. Then we'll have the gathering up here in Colorado later in the summer (if it goes down). It looks like it will happen. We have much more interest behind the scenes than the poll shows....
I'm down for either or both! We can descend on MT in a few years. You wouldn't believe the trails and sights surrounding Yellowstone and Glacier.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Phil....how wide is your Alpha? Trying to figure out the places we could get you parked.....did you say you can boondock with your generator setup or do you need A/C? There are several locations where I'm trying to put us all. It's a first come first served situation so I would take a couple of days off to secure the area.
Hi Mark,

With the slides out I am just under 15ft wide. Probably no need for a generator if I can keep the fridge plugged in. Let me deal with parking the RV...we have been at this RV gig with the Alfa for over 15 years and should be able to figure this out. Generator is quite loud and I do not want to disturb folks.

Margie's Brother lives in Colorado Springs as does my buddy, Pike's peak champion, Lenard Vasholz.
So we have a few other stops to add to the trip...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored