First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Heck, I saw a beige previous gen Escape a couple weeks ago with a Raptor-style grille and Raptor lights, being driven by a late middle aged woman. So... I'm not sure a Raptor grille on a Ranger is that much of a stretch anymore. haha

And also, I still can't decide if I liked or hated the Escape Raptor. haha It looked pretty good, but at the same time I couldn't get over how out of place the whole idea was. haha
Ha, there's a 2011 ish Escape 'Raptor' for sale on Craigslist in NH. He has it listed as 1 of 1, all it has is hood stripes and Raptor badges.

I'd like to see the one you saw.
Sponsored

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
So I just installed a raptor grill on my 19’ lariat ranger and I’ve had a lot of positive comments from the ranger community ,but one of my friends said to watch out for truck community because they think it’s blasphemy .
Curious if anyone on the ranger5g believes this?

I havea better lift kit wheels, and engine parts to blow a European raptor away, and I don’t want to pose as a raptor I just love the ford look.
am I overthinking this ? Haha

D2E808E3-28D5-401A-B5C4-A3DCA29B52AE.jpeg
It's not Blasphemy, and who cares what the "Truck" Community thinks? BTW, are WE not members of the Truck Community? Are they saying our Rangers aren't trucks?

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
The Bible does, however, say we are to "not bear false witness".
But it does not speak against aspiring to greatness. ?
It also says that you will answer for your sins to God. Since I will not have to answer for anyone else who uses a Raptor-Style grille. So go ahead, you are the one who will have to answer for your use of the grille. NOT ME, I have to answer for my own usage.

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
It's not Blasphemy, and who cares what the "Truck" Community thinks? BTW, are WE not members of the Truck Community? Are they saying our Rangers aren't trucks?
Who knows, Ford may just put RANGER on the grille for the Ranger Raptor. I like the Raptor-Style grille, it is not about trying to fool anyone, it is about what I want it to look like.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
With all the aftermarket FORD grilles out there, when the Ranger Raptor does finally get here, they probably will need a chrome grille to stand out from the other models. Others have said, it says Ford not Raptor end of discussion. You can get one for an EcoSport.
Unknown.jpeg

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
So I just installed a raptor grill on my 19’ lariat ranger and I’ve had a lot of positive comments from the ranger community ,but one of my friends said to watch out for truck community because they think it’s blasphemy .
Curious if anyone on the ranger5g believes this?

I havea better lift kit wheels, and engine parts to blow a European raptor away, and I don’t want to pose as a raptor I just love the ford look.
am I overthinking this ? Haha

D2E808E3-28D5-401A-B5C4-A3DCA29B52AE.jpeg
who cares - if you like that's all that counts, and a small number approaching infinity actually know what it is and it doesn't say Raptor anywhere on it so its not like you're trying to make a clone... Mod on

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
I think the part that disturbs me the most about making a Ranger look like a Raptor is the lack of suspension travel. Suspension travel is what the Raptors are all about. 13" of travel - do that to your Ranger and ok, you've earned the right to call it a Raptor.

Maybe you can even take some sweet jumps.

But I do admit, the grill is one thing, but putting a raptor decal on the side is another entirely. And the word "Ranger" in the Raptor font is probably somewhere in between.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Y'all have ruined me on the grille now. I used to think it was badass and actually aspired to have one someday when I grow up (I'm only 59 now). But now I see I'm gonna have to go do something completely different to make my ride reasonably "unique".
I've no idea how I will explain any of this to my wife, though. I can already hear her roll her eyes...
You guys are killing me.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Y'all have ruined me on the grille now. I used to think it was badass and actually aspired to have one someday when I grow up (I'm only 59 now). But now I see I'm gonna have to go do something completely different to make my ride reasonably "unique".
I've no idea how I will explain any of this to my wife, though. I can already hear her roll her eyes...
You guys are killing me.
HI Chris,

These forums will do this to you and your wallet. I can accept an eye roll, hope you can also...Pix of your Unique Ranger when you get it done!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You guys are killing me.

I warned you. :LOL::LOL:

Why do you think I'm still working? I came out here to semi-retire but between this truck and my gun hobby I'm going broke. lol :curse:

Deleted member 1634

You guys are killing me.
This is actually one of the reasons I didn't get a Raptor-style grille. I do like them, but as you said they're pretty prevalent. They're also a little in your face, not quite as subtle as I like to do for my mods. I just made a few other subtle mods to make mine completely unique and not like any other one out there. That's my goal. Be unique, but not in your face about it. Hopefully you can find your own unique way of modding yours.

Pat Herbert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 corvette and a 2019 Ranger
A Bimmer, really! Must be foreign never heard of a Bimmer. also never owned a foreign car as I am an American.
Sponsored