Is a 10,000 mile oil change interval ideal for the 2.3L?

raytwntrvlr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Occupation
retired
I got into Fordpass today to check on my service records. Planning on a trip so I wanted to see where I was on my 5K service interval. Surprise, surprise, the self-entered oil change that I did at about 10K was somehow completely missing. All the Ford entered service records were there. Luckily, I have photos and receipts to back up my self-performed service.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ccasanova22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Tremor
I got into Fordpass today to check on my service records. Planning on a trip so I wanted to see where I was on my 5K service interval. Surprise, surprise, the self-entered oil change that I did at about 10K was somehow completely missing. All the Ford entered service records were there. Luckily, I have photos and receipts to back up my self-performed service.
Same here. I just scan a copy of the receipt of my jugs of oil, keep a PDF copy of the oil filters I ordered online, and write down when I did each service interval and at what mileage.

03svt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2013 Raptor supercab
Well I read this whole thread, it got me to thinking and I began to worry my relying on the trucks computer was stretching the oil life. I noticed sometimes checking it seemed to get dark, fast. So I went back through all my service records; all my changes were done at the dealership since brand new the truck is now 4 years old and has 62k. I averaged 7.75k per change which makes me feel slightly better and also no longer using the ford blend but full synthetic past couple times. I plan on changing it consistently every 5k now.

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
Well I read this whole thread, it got me to thinking and I began to worry my relying on the trucks computer was stretching the oil life. I noticed sometimes checking it seemed to get dark, fast. So I went back through all my service records; all my changes were done at the dealership since brand new the truck is now 4 years old and has 62k. I averaged 7.75k per change which makes me feel slightly better and also no longer using the ford blend but full synthetic past couple times. I plan on changing it consistently every 5k now.
Full synthetic is a must on any turbo application. I don't know how this slipped through the cracks with Ford's en masse EB deployments.

Last edited:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
5000 here

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Since I'm retired, a widower, and own 3 vehicles, I don't put many miles on any one vehicle. I always change the oil and filter at the end of September on all 3 as the weather has cooled but isn't yet cold. (For me, anything under 60 is cold.) This time I had only 2,631 miles on the Ranger. I just don't trust the oil to go longer than 1 year between changes.

03svt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2013 Raptor supercab
I've tried to use full synthetic on my new '22 Ranger but every single time, the dealer screws up and uses the blend even though every time I explicitly ask for full synthetic. 🤬
Ha! Likewise here. I've asked but then noticed the different part numbers on the receipt. Now I tell them 3x when I bring it in, fingers crossed

Ranger Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Wheel
Ha! Likewise here. I've asked but then noticed the different part numbers on the receipt. Now I tell them 3x when I bring it in, fingers crossed
No need to cross your fingers. Just make them redo the oil change.
Sponsored