First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse
Did anyone go in for it? I got a notification that I am due for a 10,000 check up. Doesn't seem major. Any input appreciated.
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Did anyone go in for it? I got a notification that I am due for a 10,000 check up. Doesn't seem major. Any input appreciated.
I'd schedule an appointment. The checkup itself might have a charge, or you could use points if you have some, but anything they find would be under warranty. My dealer put a sticker in the window for a 5k checkup, and I'll bring it in soon: should hit 5000mi next week. I have enough points for a Works Package in their Quick Lane.

OP
OP
NurseNeil

NurseNeil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse
I have had one oil change, the notice came from ford app. I do have points so will use that. I rather keep with the program. I love my ranger, told the wife its my last new car purchase. Thanks guys...

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Neil,
I got the same message and went to check the recommended service intervals. Surprisingly there is nothing at 10k miles!? I plan to call the dealership and ask what exactly is due at 10k.

OP
OP
NurseNeil

NurseNeil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse
Neil,
I got the same message and went to check the recommended service intervals. Surprisingly there is nothing at 10k miles!? I plan to call the dealership and ask what exactly is due at 10k.
Yeah it's almost a cya check it seems

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Neil,
I noticed that while perusing the OM. I'm guessing it's more of a profit deal for the Dealer's service dept. However if someone wants it done for the peace of mind there's nothing wrong with that.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Went in for a checkup at 7k miles but I did not receive the 10k check up mark, probably because I went in at 7k so next checkup is 14k. I am sure I am over worrying but I like taking it into the dealer to have a quick routine check up for a new vehicle. What they did at 7k was change the oil, cabin air filter, check various things in the engine, tire inspection, tire rotation and a few other minor things.

silverflash

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XL loaded
Occupation
stuff
if you can do your own oil, you can do everything on the 10k-30k mile schedule. The only thing i will have someone else do is the brake fluid change. the stuff at 10k miles is all just checking things. crawl under truck with a light and check for leaks, loose joints, it's easy and quick. i wonder how much they charge for that service? now if it's wrapped into their oil change charge, maybe, but for me, the guy making the lowest in the shop isn't good enough to touch my truck. I will do it myself. Knowing it's done right.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I called the dealer and they said its just normal service, oil change and rot/bal tires, etc. So not needed at this time for me.
Good idea to send out reminders, just bad execution. My truck knows when I need my next oil change, as does the Ford site, but not my Ford dealer :-/

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Oil change and tire rotation. Best to change the oil every 5000 miles.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Went in for a checkup at 7k miles but I did not receive the 10k check up mark, probably because I went in at 7k so next checkup is 14k. I am sure I am over worrying but I like taking it into the dealer to have a quick routine check up for a new vehicle. What they did at 7k was change the oil, cabin air filter, check various things in the engine, tire inspection, tire rotation and a few other minor things.
No harm in creating a paper trail, especially all service/warranty/repair work done at a Ford dealer.
my dealer actually estimates my next service based on my past driving i guess.

sometimes i get emails from them out of the blue saying my oil change is due and I see im still thousands of KM's away from it.
i just ignore it and take it in when its due.
I get those estimates from my dealer for both my Ranger and my Mariner. Since Mrs Motorpsychology's retirement, we put ~ 5,000 mi/ year on the Merc now, but we get the "According to our records..." emails for a Works Package every 9-12 weeks.

What crumbles my cookies more, is getting emails or hard mail for service or sales specials after I just made a purchase, especially a major purchase. I picked up my Ranger on May 5th and the following week I got a no-reply email all about the huge deals on Escapes- and the generous trade allowance they could do. I sold my 2018 Escape SEL to Carvana, who gave me $1300 more than the dealer would, even after renegotiating the trade allowance.
It's not just my dealer, or car dealers in general, but most any consumer facing business.
"We treat you like family!" Like the overbearing, over-perfumed in-law who forgets sad or hard family news at a gathering: "Where's that girl you are dating- what's her name? Kimball?" "It was Kendal, and we broke up before the last time we came here..."

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
As I do my own oil changes and tire rotations, 3 times in the last 2 years, my truck has not been in to the dealer for any work. I have 9335 miles on it and I had the brake fluid changed out when my buddy bled the brakes. I don't expect to visit a dealer service department anytime soon. :sunglasses:

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager