First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
I was driving home from work when The Talking Heads "Burning Down The House" came on the radio. I cranked the volume to 12 and continued down the highway.

A minute or so later, I rested my knee sideways against the door panel, and after a few seconds I noticed a very persistent vibration. THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP. I thought, "Did I run over something? Is a tire out of balance?"

Then I realized that it was the bass drum from the song. :crazy:

idiot.gif
Sponsored

Last edited:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I was driving home from work when The Talking Heads "Burning Down The House" came on the radio. I cranked the volume to 12 and continued down the highway.

A minute or so later, I rested my knee sideways against the door panel, and after a few seconds I noticed a very persistent vibration. THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP. I thought, "Did I run over something? Is a tire out of balance?"

Then I realized that it was the bass drum from the song. :crazy:

idiot.gif
The song is enough to drive anybody over the deep end...
(I love it!)

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
I heard that song used as a sound system “warmup” at a ZZ Top concert back in 70’s. ZZ Top was awesome as always but that song is what I remember the most about that evening. Sound system folks turned it up a few decibels over concert level. Also remember seeing a dude doing an intoxicated interpretive dance to it also. Special night.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Can't wait to hear how In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida sounds on the B&O - but I rarely hear it these days.

Never saw talking heads perform live but IIRC correctly David Byrne still performs - multi-talented dude.

Anyone ever see the talking heads live - just curious. No reason to hold this back but I saw Blondie perform in a smaller arena in 1979, 3 rows from the stage, omg Deborah Harry was a goddess and Clem Burke awesome on drums , esp on Dreaming

Last edited:

Kristina

First Name
Kristina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Raptor week 40, Wildtrak `22 2.0 diesel - sold
At least you didn’t stop to check.
A week ago driving in dark. Suddenly under truck BOOM! Stopped the truck, checked the tires and under truck - nothing. Double checked, still nothing. Walked back the road if I see anything. Found out I had committed a road kill to plastic bottle.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
12 is loud on BO? I have to crank 20 to start rocking on my non BO system... :confused:

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
12 is plenty loud on my non-B&O, but then I've replaced all the factory speakers.

I didn't notice it getting any louder with better speakers, just cleaner.

But in my Jeep a volume of 12 is downright painful (2000 watt system)

OP
OP
NTXTremor

NTXTremor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
12 is loud on BO? I have to crank 20 to start rocking on my non BO system... :confused:
On the B&O system, 12 is plenty loud, or at least loud enough to feel a thump, thump, thump.

I am a bit of an audio geek with my home systems, and I like the B&O system in the Ranger a lot. I am sure I could spend a lot on custom speakers and amps, but I am happy enough with the sound.

I run it dead flat (right in the middle) on bass and treble, but I have the fade a little towards the front, close to the shoulders of the front seat passengers on the Sync3 visuals.
Sponsored