First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
I love my ranger, but I couldn't pass up the deal. I got a quote out of curiosity from carvana for my xl ($29k) and then I tried vroom (31k). Good prices, but not enough to make me consider. My buddy is a business manager at a jeep / ram dealer. We just leased my wife's new jeep cherokee from them a month ago. So far, it's been great, she loves it. Anyway, the other day, he sent me a text asking me if I wanted to part with my ranger. Without me telling him my previous offers, he offered me 34k for it. He knows I'm a ford guy, so he said he could get me into an f150 even though he deals mainly with chrysler. I said okay, I'd take a look. While I was there, I looked around at some of the new rams. He threw me the keys for a new hemi and I took it for a spin. I fell in love. Turns out, the incentives were better on the rams, so I pulled the trigger. With my trade in, and incentives (albeit smaller than what I got last year with the covid deals), I'm getting an extra 20k worth of truck for $30 more a month. I've had zero problems with the ranger (other than the blown shock), and it's been a great truck. If I wasn't planning on doing a bunch of camping, I probably wouldn't consider trading. I have no doubts that the ranger will pull my trailer just fine, but for the price, I'll gladly take the 12k towing capacity.

I can't pick it up til Monday. They had to go to Ohio to get the package that I wanted. 2021 white hemi 1500 with night package. I don't have a picture of it yet, but below is what it will look like. I wanna thank you all for having me here. I've learned quite a bit, and had quite a few laughs. You guys and gals are a bunch of good eggs. I'll stick around and check in from time to time. I really do enjoy all the builds and the back and forth banter. As crazy as this past year has been, for me, it has been quite enjoyable here.

rm020-349fn-1567258875.jpg
Sponsored

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
When I got my 2019 I was shopping for Rams at the time. They really are the the most comfortable and well appointed truck of any out there for what you pay IMO. My issue was it didnt' fit in the garage. I mean, I have a two car garage originally built in '78, and those were boats back then!

Anyways, congrats on a sweet ride! With the payouts from companies right now i'm debating on trading up. My issue is I was rear ended two hours after purchase, so I have a strike on my record and carvana is only giving me 27k for a '19 XLT 302A FX4 with 10k miles. But mine is completely paid for so there is that...

OP
OP

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Appraiser
When I got my 2019 I was shopping for Rams at the time. They really are the the most comfortable and well appointed truck of any out there for what you pay IMO. My issue was it didnt' fit in the garage. I mean, I have a two car garage originally built in '78, and those were boats back then!

Anyways, congrats on a sweet ride! With the payouts from companies right now i'm debating on trading up. My issue is I was rear ended two hours after purchase, so I have a strike on my record and carvana is only giving me 27k for a '19 XLT 302A FX4 with 10k miles. But mine is completely paid for so there is that...
Completely understand. The only thing that fits in my 70's garage is my motorcycle, mustang, and the Mrs.'s jeep. My ranger didn't even fit in the garage, pre-level kit. I've kicked around the idea of building a carport off the front of the garage, but I should probably quit spending money for a while ha.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I love my ranger, but I couldn't pass up the deal. I got a quote out of curiosity from carvana for my xl ($29k) and then I tried vroom (31k). Good prices, but not enough to make me consider. My buddy is a business manager at a jeep / ram dealer. We just leased my wife's new jeep cherokee from them a month ago. So far, it's been great, she loves it. Anyway, the other day, he sent me a text asking me if I wanted to part with my ranger. Without me telling him my previous offers, he offered me 34k for it. He knows I'm a ford guy, so he said he could get me into an f150 even though he deals mainly with chrysler. I said okay, I'd take a look. While I was there, I looked around at some of the new rams. He threw me the keys for a new hemi and I took it for a spin. I fell in love. Turns out, the incentives were better on the rams, so I pulled the trigger. With my trade in, and incentives (albeit smaller than what I got last year with the covid deals), I'm getting an extra 20k worth of truck for $30 more a month. I've had zero problems with the ranger (other than the blown shock), and it's been a great truck. If I wasn't planning on doing a bunch of camping, I probably wouldn't consider trading. I have no doubts that the ranger will pull my trailer just fine, but for the price, I'll gladly take the 12k towing capacity.

I can't pick it up til Monday. They had to go to Ohio to get the package that I wanted. 2021 white hemi 1500 with night package. I don't have a picture of it yet, but below is what it will look like. I wanna thank you all for having me here. I've learned quite a bit, and had quite a few laughs. You guys and gals are a bunch of good eggs. I'll stick around and check in from time to time. I really do enjoy all the builds and the back and forth banter. As crazy as this past year has been, for me, it has been quite enjoyable here.

Hey, what's to hate? The Ram is a great truck with some terrific features but--like the F150, another great truck with terrific features--just too big for my lifestyle (not to mention my garage). Happy trails, buddy!

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Owning a chrysler product (or whatever they're called now, can't keep up) is like being married to a supermodel psychopath. Its awesome at first and all your friends are real impressed, but pretty soon you're worried its gonna kill you when you ride it and all your $ starts disappearing..

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired

Awesome. Now you too can tailgate people that drive the speed limit.

• Haha
Reactions: FoD
OP
OP

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Appraiser
If I may, what was the difference OTD after your trade in?
To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. I haven't signed the paper work yet. I owed a little less than 30 on the truck, I got 34 for it. The ram stickered at 53 I think. I'm not positive the dollar amount on all the incentives. I just knew what the payment was coming out to.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
OP
OP

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Appraiser
Owning a chrysler product (or whatever they're called now, can't keep up) is like being married to a supermodel psychopath. Its awesome at first and all your friends are real impressed, but pretty soon you're worried its gonna kill you when you ride it and all your $ starts disappearing..
Life's too short to base it off logic. :crackup:

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
That thing needs more chrome. I have 3 friends - 2 of them long time (decades) of Ford F-150 ownership that made the switch to RAM - citing lower pricing as the compelling reason . V8s do have a nice exhaust note - one that doesn't need to be artificially created in the cabin.

OP
OP

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Appraiser
That thing needs more chrome. I have 3 friends - 2 of them long time (decades) of Ford F-150 ownership that made the switch to RAM - citing lower pricing as the compelling reason . V8s do have a nice exhaust note - one that doesn't need to be artificially created in the cabin.
Ha I wanted this one because there was no chrome! I gotta change out the chrome lug nuts. I don't understand that with black wheels. And I've already been searching for exhaust clips. I guess vehicle modding is an addiction, regardless of brand ha.

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
Ha I wanted this one because there was no chrome! I gotta change out the chrome lug nuts. I don't understand that with black wheels. And I've already been searching for exhaust clips. I guess vehicle modding is an addiction, regardless of brand ha.

My dad went on a few ride alongs when shopping, and ended up with a '20 Ram Bighorn that he liked. It's the deep burgundy color with only chrome wheels and chrome running boards, and nice chrome tips on exhaust; everything else is body colored. It's a sharp looking truck. CHeck out a few videos of a muffler delete with resonators only on the Ram. He did it with just resonators and it sounds incredible. Cab is still very quiet unless you are in the throttle and no drone on the highway.

OP
OP

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Appraiser
My dad went on a few ride alongs when shopping, and ended up with a '20 Ram Bighorn that he liked. It's the deep burgundy color with only chrome wheels and chrome running boards, and nice chrome tips on exhaust; everything else is body colored. It's a sharp looking truck. CHeck out a few videos of a muffler delete with resonators only on the Ram. He did it with just resonators and it sounds incredible. Cab is still very quiet unless you are in the throttle and no drone on the highway.
Will do! I'm trying to walk that not so fine line between hot rod sound and upsetting the Mrs. :crackup:
Sponsored