First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2o2o ford ranger xlt sport crew cab
Occupation
retired/disabled Veteran USMC
Sorry about your experience...I know these issues can be very disappointing.
Well the thing that gets me is this is not the truck we test drove it and test drove a red one without the bars on the side it was the same price as this one but they brought this one out so I couldn’t get the red one so I never drove this one so I guess that’s my fault in that aspect but I would not of realize the vibration until after the tank was empty but the door sound was ridiculous as well nothing still fixed right I had to buy my own until I buy my own locking lug nuts even though I paid forWell the thing that gets me is this is not the truck we test drove it and test drove a red one without the bars on the side it was the same price as this one but they brought this one out so I couldn’t get the red one so I never drove this one so I guess that’s my fault in that aspect but I would not of realize the vibration until after the tank was empty but the door sound was ridiculous as well nothing still fixed right I had to buy my own until I buy my own locking lug nuts even though I paid for them
GM at the Ford dealership in Lexington South Carolina is a twit got no balls
I got to figure out what’s going on with the right side though it’s just way too much airflow and I’m not sure how to adjust the door I don’t think there is an adjustment
Sponsored

VinnHagakure

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2o2o ford ranger xlt sport crew cab
Occupation
retired/disabled Veteran USMC
Well I'm very sorry for your troubles but this is exactly what I'm talking about. Vehicle gets declared a "clunker" on account of a wind noise and a piece of metal that's hard to remove.
Well my right side of my hood sticks up orange gap maybe a half an inch right rear cab sticks in half an inch to (leans down almost an inch I have no clue

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Well the thing that gets me is this is not the truck we test drove it and test drove a red one without the bars on the side it was the same price as this one but they brought this one out so I couldn’t get the red one so I never drove this one so I guess that’s my fault in that aspect but I would not of realize the vibration until after the tank was empty but the door sound was ridiculous as well nothing still fixed right I had to buy my own until I buy my own locking lug nuts even though I paid forWell the thing that gets me is this is not the truck we test drove it and test drove a red one without the bars on the side it was the same price as this one but they brought this one out so I couldn’t get the red one so I never drove this one so I guess that’s my fault in that aspect but I would not of realize the vibration until after the tank was empty but the door sound was ridiculous as well nothing still fixed right I had to buy my own until I buy my own locking lug nuts even though I paid for them
I got to figure out what’s going on with the right side though it’s just way too much airflow and I’m not sure how to adjust the door I don’t think there is an adjustment
Vince, I had a frustrating issue with a Dealership here in my city and was able to find another one 30 miles out of town. It was worth the drive because they appreciated my business and took care of me. Later I found another great dealership located closer right here in my city. So now I know of two who will give good service but refer the closer one.

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
In theory I agree with this post 100% I came to this forum before I bought my truck last month and thought that like most forums none of the problems I read about would hit me. Mostly people come post on the tech forums when they have an issue right?

I checked the oil on the truck the night I got home and smiled all the way to work the next day loving my new truck. By the end of the week my oil reeked like gas and is well beyond max on the dipstick. My smile was gone before the truck had 500 miles on it.

After reading the oil in fuel thread exhaustively I have come to two conclusions.

First the issue is very real and effects a decent number of trucks. I really think more are effected than even realize because I’ve seen many posts like yeah Mine smells like gas but I’m sure Ford is on top of it and I have a warranty so whatever. Very short sighted thinking. Ford could easily shrug and leave the 5G without a fix and move right onto the 6g. They’ve sold a decent amount of these trucks but not a ton. There’s a chance they could just write us off completely and never fix this.

I’ve owned three other DI engines in the same climate and driving styles as the ranger including another EB engine in my driveway. No oil dilution issues to speak of. My commute is 28 miles so short tripping isn’t an issue. Ford has no viable solution to the problem as of yet and seems clueless to what is causing it

Second, it’s too early to tell even for 2019s what the longevity of the trucks is given a notable problem with the most critical system in the entire truck which is lubrication. You think the guy in the oil thread who is getting 12% fuel in his oil is going to have a long lived truck if Ford doesn’t do something? I’m willing to bet that truck is going to have major wear issues in short order.

So in conclusion I would say you can and should buy a ranger but it’s too early to say if any of the problems here are serious enough to cause you to avoid one until they are corrected. The shudder issue in my opinion is far less serious than those with 2 cups of gas in their crank case.
You should consider selling your truck to Carvana, and then buy yourself a replacement Ranger with less stinky oil.

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FiestaST
I just had a stroke trying to read this.

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
You should consider selling your truck to Carvana, and then buy yourself a replacement Ranger with less stinky oil.
or Ford could fix the truck they sold me and honor the warranty. My truck has 900 miles on it I would take a bath regardless of a few people posting silly high offers.

OP
OP
AdamHarris

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Not gonna lie, I would be frustrated and pissed too if the company that built my rig was unable to fix it. Just try to remember they would like to fix it if they had the choice I’m sure. It ain’t like the serv mgr says “I don’t like the way he talked to me so we’re gonna act like we can’t fix his truck.”
These are ridiculous but serious offers coming from vroom and carvana etc. I don’t want to sell either but my local dealership has 4 Rangers sitting there right now. I wouldn’t make any kind of profit, but I could sell and buy a new one by next week for virtually no money out of pocket. I would think about it if I was having trouble, but fortunately my truck is beyond perfect for now..

taildraggerpilot

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2022 MINI JCW Hardtop
Occupation
Boeing Driver
My only issues in five months and 4600 miles have been slightly misaligned doors on the left side. Warranty issue. Easy fix.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
My only issues in five months and 4600 miles have been slightly misaligned doors on the left side. Warranty issue. Easy fix.
Carl, I have had only a few minor issues with the Ranger that were also easy fixes. I have had a few vehicles with some misaligned body parts; hoods, doors, etc. and this is an issue that bothers me too. I am particular about cosmetics. Fortunately, my Ranger came with all body parts in excellent alignment and also had the same experience with my 2011. All in all, I think Ford does a great all around job in their assembly process but human mistakes can occur. Glad they took care of that for you.

Front Angle.jpg

Side.jpg

Last edited:

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I have had my Ranger since 3/31/2019 and have had only one minor issue the cover on the consul arm rest was coming off and my dealer got it replaced with no hassle. I have had no other issues or problems in 28400 plus miles.
Ranger184.jpg

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
This is an online forum. You will see EVERY possible problem with 2019-2021 Rangers discussed here both real and imagined. Reading this forum you might be thinking "these Rangers have tons of problems" but that is actually not the case at all. I am 2 months and 2400 miles into ownership and am having 0 issues of ANY kind with my truck. That's not to say I will never have any issues but so far its the most perfect and best vehicle I have EVER owned in my life. I have made some adjustments to my truck which you can look back on my posts and see but these were not necessary, I'm just can't leave anything alone. If you are on the fence about getting a Ranger just go drive one and experience it for yourself.
64,000+ miles, ZERO issues.... :)

en13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT 2WD
Vehicle Showcase
Just adding a positive note.. 17k, 1.5yrs, zero issues. Love the truck, have a great dealer I can count on, and find the truck to be very easy to work on myself if I want. I have a base tech XLT and appreciate the sensors and safety features more than I expected. Autobraking has helped me a couple times when folks were stupid in front of me.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
64,000+ miles, ZERO issues.... :)
You feeling ok? You only out on a few hundred miles this week. ? Brother you need to head out this way, we're heading back up to Sedona on the 16th.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
You feeling ok? You only out on a few hundred miles this week. ? Brother you need to head out this way, we're heading back up to Sedona on the 16th.
I will be showing up on your door step...my sister's about to move into her new home in Scottsdale...:p
Sponsored