I spent a week with a new Frontier

Willis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
I traded my 2019 ranger for a Pro4x and really like it. The seats feel really nice and in my opinion the transmission feels really smooth and not clunky compared to my Ranger. I like them both but got a good trade in.
F97CD276-484D-4A19-BEBD-A72093EA0754.jpeg
Sponsored

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder
nope. my bed fell of and that was the last straw. I have never met another frontier owner who liked it in the end because they had constant problems. traded it for my ranger and never looked back besides to say I wish I never bought it. The few years I owned it, the check engine light rarely went off, replaced fuel sending unit 3x, gas tank 1x, rotors rotted out in a couple years, knock sensor was trash, EVERY seal leaked, the transmission was clunky so bad in reverse it was like I tried to do backewards burn out every time I backed up, the heater/AC had 2 settings off/full blast, I won't talk about the oil leaking into the transmission issue they all have to some degree. so no they aren't tough little trucks. the old rangers were tough little trucks did I mention it never saw 100,000 miles?
Funny how personal experiences with vehicles differ. My 13 year old Frontier hasn't had a single issue and still my daily driver. Wish I could say the same about the 6 month old Ranger

OP
OP
dmeyer302

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I traded my 2019 ranger for a Pro4x and really like it. The seats feel really nice and in my opinion the transmission feels really smooth and not clunky compared to my Ranger. I like them both but got a good trade in.
Yours definitely looks better in the upper trim. Curious, do you agree with most of my thoughts?

Willis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Yours definitely looks better in the upper trim. Curious, do you agree with most of my thoughts?
I had my Ranger for a couple of years. Just my opinion but the Pro4x I have feels better built. The cabin is a lot quieter. The doors feel really solid when closing them. Mine has adaptive cruise so that is a plus since my Ranger had it. But I do miss when going downhill my Ranger would brake while in cruise and my Frontier doesn’t. I have cloth seats and they feel really durable. But I have no doubt the next Ranger will be an upgrade. I do miss the feel of the turbo but my Frontier has plenty of pep for me.

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
Mad respect for the GTR's performance envelope, and I have a friend who owns one and tracks it. But it is a 2 ton soulless cyborg compared with my old 240Z. Wish I'd never sold it.

WolfgangVTS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Currently driving a 2022 Frontier as a loaner while my Ranger is in the body shop getting repaired…neighbor across the street decided to back into the driver’s side front fender. I can appreciate the power it has on takeoff and the brakes during deceleration, but honestly I hate everything else about it. It’s comparable to driving a concrete block with wheels. It makes me love my Ranger even more, not that I needed a reason.
Sponsored