Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Mine came with one however it sure would've been nice of the engineer and the tight arse who made the choice to cut costs and include this standard on all models of the Ranger much less other models. "Engineer- hey you may not wanna delete that because it acts like a roof and gutter system for the engines metal and electrical components " its not rocket science.

OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I have a cover, but curious if one were to take it to the shop for one of those errors if they would install the cover for free?
As long as it had this issue

1633871473293.png

and you were within the warranty coverage period it would be a covered repair

1633871536781.png

OP
OP

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
yeah so those of us that have bought it are we eligible for reimbursement under warranty ?
Not unless you had documented your vehicle had the issue described by the TSB and were within the warranty coverage period. Even then good luck !!

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
this is the bandaid to the problem

how does water get on top of the engine in the first place? thats the big question. and enough water to puddle, cause corrosion and not evaporate off.
we have a cover already, its called a HOOD.
so, water has to be getting in there from a different route. alot of it.
so plunking a cover on top will reduce water from the top, that the HOOD isnt stopping...

other ways for water to get in and around the engine, will still get around the cover.

this is just some dumbass engineer fix that isnt solving the root problem.
wait till later when some random turbo failure causes heat issues and another TSB to remove it.
Interesting take, hopefully it doesn’t become a larger issue down the road. I wonder if we’ll see more of these complaints pop up in heavy rain locations. More stuff like this i feel pops up monthly lol….just makes me laugh and think about the reliability thread.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Oh man didnt think about how some ppl literally take a pressure washer to their engine bay haha.
No, never a pressure washer. Just some good soap and a regular water hose.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I have a cover, but curious if one were to take it to the shop for one of those errors if they would install the cover for free?
That could be a real Pandora's box. How many would run a hose or pour pond water over the engine trying to trip the code(s)? It could start a big "Did Not-Did Too" war when trying to get a free cover.
My 1980 Kawasaki KZ750 would misfire riding in the rain for the same reason: water in the spark plug wells until I slopped the plugs up with waterproof grease.

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
No, never a pressure washer. Just some good soap and a regular water hose.
Oh no I definitely dont think anyone here does, just saying i seen some ppl do it online…. Was like f that haha. You’re definitely good if you just use a hose runoff

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
yeah so those of us that have bought it are we eligible for reimbursement under warranty ?
Has there been an issue with it?
Sponsored