Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
GOOD NEWS!!!!

I get to keep Ginger!!! We usually have 3 vehicles around here, but I had sold my stupid "baby" SUV a year ago, so now this will be the 3rd vehicle!!!
Happy for you! I know I would be sad to get rid of ‘Ol Butterscotch. :turkey:
Sponsored

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I get into my Ranger just fine.......

obese-driver-1633348.jpeg

Dsc

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCrew; 2007 Sport Trac XLT; 1969 Mustang Grande; 2014 HD Sportster 1200T
Occupation
Retired
you're not wrong, the sport trac exterior width is 73.7" vs the ranger at 73.3"
wow, such a huge difference.
we should all just throw out the interwebs its making people look dumber everyday.
I don't question the specs given for the Sport Trac but I have both and the ST does seem roomy in comparison. I think this is because you sit lower and the seats do not have the bolsters as large as the the Ranger has. The door panel also has more clearance below the armrest than the Ranger, so your hips have more room. The dimension given sounds to be from narrowest point to point.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
I don't question the specs given for the Sport Trac but I have both and the ST does seem roomy in comparison. I think this is because you sit lower and the seats do not have the bolsters as large as the the Ranger has. The door panel also has more clearance below the armrest than the Ranger, so your hips have more room. The dimension given sounds to be from narrowest point to point.
It's possible that trim accounts for the difference, but the first row of the '02-'10 Explorer is almost the exact same dimensions as the first row of the '19+ Ranger. They are within an inch of each other. The '19+ Ranger definitely has more room then the earlier Explorers and 1st Gen Sport Trac.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fat dudes don't fit well in the Ranger. I gave my boss a ride in to work the other day.

He looked a little snug over there in the passenger seat.
This reminds me how back in the day you would see absolutely huge people getting out of a Geo Metro and then see absolutely tiny people getting out of a Grand Marquis or Town Car. Made absolutely no sense. lol

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
This reminds me how back in the day you would see absolutely huge people getting out of a Geo Metro and then see absolutely tiny people getting out of a Grand Marquis or Town Car. Made absolutely no sense. lol
They eat more so can't afford the bigger car.

Theslim_spaydee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT (she gone) 2022 BD Bronco
Occupation
Finance
Man I regret everyday getting rid of my Grand Marquis. The looks a 23 year old got getting out of a light blue town car were A1. Plus the overabundance of space was worth more than the car itself.

OP
OP
Yikes1961

Yikes1961

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I do!!! Is there a tread discussing it?
I think so.....I was taking notes this morning while browsing this forum
I saw the engine throttle could be a problem?

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder
I ended up buying the Bilstein shocks, but it didn't help at all. So I bought a F150 to get the bouncing to stop.
No seriously......I did, but only because my husband had a hard time getting in and out of the Ranger, due to his size. He's very happy now that he's not driving a "baby" truck. I know I am going to miss my Ginger terribly.

BTW, I called the dealership I bought it from and offered to sell it back to them. The GM remembered me, and that fact that I bought a Ranger after 2 years had gone by. After he ran the numbers, etc....he called me back to also let me know that there wasn't much of a market for Rangers in his area, that they sat on the lot whenever he got one, and they usually sell them to the dealership down the street. I will admit I don't see very many on the road.

Also, who else has stuttering problems when driving 30-45 mph? They changed my spark plugs but it only helped slightly. One of the other reasons I decided to get rid of her. The truck did it since I bought it.

UPDATE: GOOD NEWS, I AM KEEPING GINGER!!
Read article yesterday that said Ranger got best in class based on several factors. One of those being the high resale value. Salesmen sell things but dont like buying things

OP
OP
Yikes1961

Yikes1961

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Read article yesterday that said Ranger got best in class based on several factors. One of those being the high resale value. Salesmen sell things but dont like buying things
the dealership is out in the boonies, farm people......maybe they all want big pick um up trucks?

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man I regret everyday getting rid of my Grand Marquis. The looks a 23 year old got getting out of a light blue town car were A1. Plus the overabundance of space was worth more than the car itself.
That was an end of an era and Ford held on far longer then anyone else building a traditional body on frame full size rear wheel drive car. There will never be a car like that again.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
That was an end of an era and Ford held on far longer then anyone else building a traditional body on frame full size rear wheel drive car. There will never be a car like that again.
I miss my 2004 Marauder, but I was out of space, not driving the car and numerous people were clamoring for it. If I came into a pile of money, I'd find a good one and restomod it to modern specs - keep the stock appearance.

That being said, my Chrysler 300 is a far more modern car. Many people don't realize these cars were designed during the Daimler-Chrysler partnership. Known at the 'LX' cars, these included the Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300.

From the Wiki page:

The Chrysler 300 is based on the rear-wheel drive Chrysler LX platform with Chrysler executives confirming that Chrysler engineers were sent to Germany to study the upcoming E-Class and as such, structural elements of the car's foundation such as the toe board, safety cage architecture, as well as the load-path philosophy ending up being derived from the design(s) utilized by then-partner, Mercedes-Benz. Mercedes executives also confirmed that several individual components of the car are derived from the Mercedes-Benz E-Class (W211) and S-Class of the era.[16]

Shared and or derived components from Mercedes-Benz included: the 3.0L OM642 turbo-diesel V6 used in overseas markets, the rear suspension cradle and 5-link independent rear suspension design derived from the E-Class, a double-wishbone front suspension design with short-and-long arm front suspension geometry derived from the Mercedes-Benz S-Class (W220).

Components from the suspension such as the lower control arms were borrowed from the E55 AMG and have been verified by independent mechanics as being able to be interchangeable between both cars. Additionally, the 5-Speed NAG1 W5A580 transmission, rear differential, driveshaft, ESP & ABS systems, steering system, the CAN Bus electrical architecture, cabin electronics including several other electronic and engine modules were pulled from the Mercedes-Benz parts bin.

Further, switchgear such as the cruise control and turn signal combination stalk, seat controls, seat frames, HVAC system(s), and the wiring harness were utilized from Mercedes-Benz. Later model years also feature a Mercedes-Benz-derived laser key ignition system in place of the traditional metal key. AWD models also benefited from the use of Mercedes-Benz's 4MATIC system, including transfer case components.
Sponsored