How I got my Ranger to stop bouncing

Yikes1961

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I ended up buying the Bilstein shocks, but it didn't help at all. So I bought a F150 to get the bouncing to stop.
No seriously......I did, but only because my husband had a hard time getting in and out of the Ranger, due to his size. He's very happy now that he's not driving a "baby" truck. I know I am going to miss my Ginger terribly.

BTW, I called the dealership I bought it from and offered to sell it back to them. The GM remembered me, and that fact that I bought a Ranger after 2 years had gone by. After he ran the numbers, etc....he called me back to also let me know that there wasn't much of a market for Rangers in his area, that they sat on the lot whenever he got one, and they usually sell them to the dealership down the street. I will admit I don't see very many on the road.

Also, who else has stuttering problems when driving 30-45 mph? They changed my spark plugs but it only helped slightly. One of the other reasons I decided to get rid of her. The truck did it since I bought it.

UPDATE: GOOD NEWS, I AM KEEPING GINGER!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
After he ran the numbers, etc....he called me back to also let me know that there wasn't much of a market for Rangers in his area, that they sat on the lot whenever he got one, and they usually sell them to the dealership down the street.
Please tell me you didn't actually sell him your Ranger. Whatever his offer was, he was lowballing you and his "not much of a market" excuse was a made up justification for the offer.

Think his story through for a second: there's another dealership down the street that is in the same market as him that is supposedly more than happy to take these trucks off his hands, and goodness knows he isn't selling them to the other dealership at a loss.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Fat dudes don't fit well in the Ranger. I gave my boss a ride in to work the other day.

He looked a little snug over there in the passenger seat.
Yeah, I had a Sport Trac before and the Ranger is noticeably narrower inside, about 5" each side. I'm just tall so it's fine for me but a bud of mine is well over 3 bills and said he didn't fit in the Ranger so he got an F-150.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I feel like i'm in an economy aircraft seat in the Ranger...with no one in the middle seat.
snug is the correct word, but not uncomfortable.

I was in the F150 Lightning today, and it felt like business class.

I know if i put on more pounds, I know which truck I would rather lounge in on a longer drive.
My boss drives a old 4 Runner when he's not driving his Mustang. Not sure how he does it.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Yeah, I had a Sport Trac before and the Ranger is noticeably narrower inside, about 5" each side. I'm just tall so it's fine for me but a bud of mine is well over 3 bills and said he didn't fit in the Ranger so he got an F-150.
Was the console narrower in the Sport Trac?

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Was the console narrower in the Sport Trac?
No, console was probably a little wider. The Trac's whole body was wider. My garage is a tight fit in every direction and I can tell the difference.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
the interwebs search brings in the Sport Trac at 55.4" hip room and the Ranger at 55.8"
I don't care what the interwebs say, the Sport Trac is wider.