First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I got an email telling me I can go order my Bronco. What doesn't jive is that I was told it would be next year, so I'm not sure there isn't a mistake. I'm about to move, and after that I'll give the dealer a call. If I can really get one this year it'll be time for me to sell the Ranger while the prices are up.

Either way, I need to test drive one first to see what I think.
Sponsored

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Hmmm who is this email from? By now you had to have an order in already. The deadline for orders was a while back and at this point the next step will be Ford giving you a build date. I had my ordered changed to 2022 but I’m really digging my ranger so I might cancel completely at this point.

OP
OP
r1ch999999

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hmmm who is this email from? By now you had to have an order in already. The deadline for orders was a while back and at this point the next step will be Ford giving you a build date. I had my ordered changed to 2022 but I’m really digging my ranger so I might cancel completely at this point.
From Ford, telling me to come in and order. At this point I'm expecting a 2023 in late 2022.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'd go in and see what they say because the '22 order banks aren't even open yet. IIRC it'll be sometime late summer before they are. They do however have a certain amount of Priority Builds per dealer so maybe you were lucky enough to get one. You can always ask them to code 99 it which means you want to defer it to "22. This way you can see them and test drive one. I won't shell out $50K until I can drive one either.

Cowboys22

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Business Analyst
I was surprised at how tiny the Bronco was.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Rich, did you make a reservation for the big Bronco? I think everyone that signed up for Ford notices got one of those emails, myself included. I made my reservation on 10/04/20, and I don't expect to take delivery until middle/late '22. I you didn't make a reservation you are probably looking at a '23 delivery date. Heck, the way things are going with the big one mine may even be a '23 build.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Rich, did you make a reservation for the big Bronco? I think everyone that signed up for Ford notices got one of those emails, myself included. I made my reservation on 10/04/20, and I don't expect to take delivery until middle/late '22. I you didn't make a reservation you are probably looking at a '23 delivery date. Heck, the way things are going with the big one mine may even be a '23 build.
Take that back quick, no way ours is going to be a '23. ?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Take that back quick, no way ours is going to be a '23. ?
Num, num. num......oh those words tasted nasty. Sorry I didn't mean to scare you my brother. I'm a little pissed at the mpg reports right now. So, I just gotta let it out somehow. o_O :cool:

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Num, num. num......oh those words tasted nasty. Sorry I didn't mean to scare you my brother. I'm a little pissed at the mpg reports right now. So, I just gotta let it out somehow. o_O :cool:
Also pretty lame they are putting the 10R60 transmission from the explorer into the new bronco when our trucks have the much stronger 10R80.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Num, num. num......oh those words tasted nasty. Sorry I didn't mean to scare you my brother. I'm a little pissed at the mpg reports right now. So, I just gotta let it out in other ways. o_O :cool:
Yes that was a little bit of a shock. Not so much for the SAS package as I expected that to be bad but the regular models are not all that good. Actually the Badlands without SAS is worse mileage than with SAS. I know it's the gearing but now it makes me think of going back down to the Base SAS and saving $10K and have a little better mileage too. Plus I'll have more money for mods. :like: I should've expected it because it's basically like driving a brick on 35's. lol Oh well I guess we'll have to see what the real world numbers are over the next 8-12 months.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Also pretty lame they are putting the 10R60 transmission from the explorer into the new bronco when our trucks have the much stronger 10R80.
This rite here might make me either cancel my order or switch to the 7spd standard. Now I'm really glad mine is a '22.

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
Makes you wonder with all the people buying the BroncoSports now, and the full size Bronco isn't even on dealer lots now, will people regret buying the SPORT too early just because they wanted a Bronco??

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Yes that was a little bit of a shock. Not so much for the SAS package as I expected that to be bad but the regular models are not all that good. Actually the Badlands without SAS is worse mileage than with SAS. I know it's the gearing but now it makes me think of going back down to the Base SAS and saving $10K and have a little better mileage too. Plus I'll have more money for mods. :like: I should've expected it because it's basically like driving a brick on 35's. lol Oh well I guess we'll have to see what the real world numbers are over the next 8-12 months.
That's what I waiting on myself. Hopefully it will be a bit better. I'm not asking for much, just a little. Thankfully we have time to make that decision.
Sponsored