How fast have you driven in your Ranger?

olyeller

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD FX4, 2019 Challenger R/T
Occupation
Retired
To answer the OP, on a recent cross country trip I hit just over 100 MPH several times in the southwest desert on I 10 while passing mostly semi’s. It felt very stable and got there very quickly. My Ranger is a 2021 Lariat super cab FX4 and loaded. It also has a SnugTop topper which aided in the stability as well as some weight in the bed from our traveling stuff. I did notice that my mileage dropped considerably when going over 80 MPH. I also noticed the end of my tailpipe turned black with uncombusted fuel after the trip. My truck only has about 4,000 miles on it at the time
Sponsored

mailbox4449

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure yet
For sure.

My 16 year old daughter shoots more range rounds per year than the average police officer. She's not only a better shot than most, but I can assure you she's safer than almost all of them.

Just because you do something for a living, that doesn't mean your the best. Matter of fact, it probably means you've become complacent and over confident.
McDonalds comes to mind....Over Billions Served......just because you served over billions of burgers...doesn't make it the best burger :giggle:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
McDonalds comes to mind....Over Billions Served......just because you served over billions of burgers...doesn't make it the best burger :giggle:
Exactly.

I mean, the McRib IS the best pork by-product sandwich. But their burgers? Come on!

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
For sure.

My 16 year old daughter shoots more range rounds per year than the average police officer. She's not only a better shot than most, but I can assure you she's safer than almost all of them.

Just because you do something for a living, that doesn't mean your the best. Matter of fact, it probably means you've become complacent and over confident.
100 percent ive been shooting guns since i was like 7 years old and respect and a healthy dose of caution has been engrained in me since day one, the last thing I want is to Alec Baldwin someone, so being safe cautious and precise is habitual, cops generally don't have that discipline.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Oh damn I thought I told on myself a while back - doesn't matter now because FordPass.

With H-rated tires and governor raised I have not attempted reaching the max for my (new) Michelin's but am confident 130 is 'easily' attainable even with the reduction of rake (raised front 1.75 in). I'm not interested in exploring anything higher than that and only for emergencies should they arise. I don't know what I can do to stabilize the chassis more, especially with leaf springs out back.

Aerodynamics are the limiting factor and I've never owned a vehicle that can so effortlessly hit triple digits with the confidence I've developed for it. Getting above the factory limit I sense the drag.

Had some idiots near here in various vehicles try to outrun the police on the highway and hitting speeds over 140. Mostly dead now.

Last edited:

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Next thread... how many speeding tickets have you gotten in your Ranger :)
knocking on wood...0... and I'm finally back down to 4 points on my license

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Exactly.

I mean, the McRib IS the best pork by-product sandwich. But their burgers? Come on!
Oh, I don’t know, I love their flat little regular hamburgers with the dehydrated onions. :inlove: I know…but, that’s how I roll.;)

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Oh, I don’t know, I love their flat little regular hamburgers with the dehydrated onions. :inlove: I know…but, that’s how I roll.;)
We've all got our guilty pleasures.

I've eaten a few quick "All American Combos" that have hit the spot.

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i feel like anything over 85 in my ranger is pushing my safety luck. i feel like it is safer to go fast in something that was designed to go fast. When I had my mustangs we went slightly faster than the speed... but it had better tires brakes engine cooling - everything, more speed friendly vs. the ranger.

Reactions: Doc

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Not sure if I already said this in the thread.... 100% happy with the stock speed limiter. Unless you have modified the suspension and or brakes on this thing.... (And not many options that lend themselves to dealing with speed). It is like seeing someone on a bike without a helmet driving like an idiot.

Not shitting on speed. About to build another wtf drag car but this is not the platform for it IMO. It can tow that platform. Where I might kill myself on a track trying to make a 97 Hyundai Accent go as fast as it can with the 2.0 from a Tiburon and a massive (relative) turbo - but with a full cage, on a track. Why, because LOL is why. That an I know that 2.0 pretty well.
Sponsored