How fast have you driven in your Ranger?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
About 105 while in Mex
Seems like from 70 to the Outer Limits (using your number) takes between 5-9 seconds or so I've "heard"... Couldn't tell for sure cause the tunnel vision and G forces sort of narrow the conscious surroundings:crazy:?
It's actually pretty impressive how hard it pulls once you're over 70. It takes off like a rocket from there and hits triple digits in no time. ?
Sponsored

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
It's actually pretty impressive how hard it pulls once you're over 70. It takes off like a rocket from there and hits triple digits in no time. ?
I feel the need...the need for
1630724164878.png

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I've done 130 in my patrol car responding from my house (off duty) back to my work area due to a barricaded murderer in an apartment complex.

It was late in the night so very limited traffic on interstate. Believe it or not, even traveling at 130, once you've maintained the speed for a few minutes it didn't feel any different then cruising at 70.

I imagine though 130 in a truck may be different than a car.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Law only permits State Troopers from making traffic citations for 1-10 MPH.

You'll perk my attention at 15+ depending the type of road, but generally I'm not activating blue lights unless someone is 20+, even then it may be a warning depending on traffic density, time of day, what kind of area it is, etc etc.

30+ it better be a good story.

Sometimes, but not always I will travel the interstate in my personal vehicle 1-14 over. The only tickets I've ever written for 11-14 over were because I made a discretionary decision to reduce the charge (something that happens in court commonly) when they were actually traveling at much greater speed. Its a way to slap someone on the wrist who needs it without hitting them to heavily with fines and points on their license.

But you do have some cops who are traffic enforcement robots.

I am not a robot, much to the butt-hurt surprise of some members here. Sometimes I don't use my turn signals either if there are not other cars on the road with me. The horror I tell you.

When I get pulled over I'm always nice. After all, if I was doing something(speeding), why would I bitch? Anyway, since the ranger
is not setup for track duty, I cruise around the speed limit.
I have to say, after pushing a vehicle on a track at 10/10ths, driving
'fast' on the road is boring & dangerous.
Getting to your friends place 30secs faster is not worth a life.
BTW, I did not think this way 40 yrs ago :LOL:

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
I have not tried since I put the tune on it, BUT when it was brand new I got on it and a message popped up on dash said something like "vehicle is speed limited during break in period" it was somewhere in the 80-90mph range, I had to laugh, wouldn't want to buy a new Ford and try to do the Cannon Ball Run, Ha.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
not in my city

cop thinks hes GOD & gave me a ticket 46 in a 40
i was pulled over for 55 in a 35. all I got was "be safe" thanks officer have a great day

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Ford already knows what rpm and speed you have run your truck. If You have activated Ford Pass. LOL

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
This is going to be a long one. Forgive me.

There is something magical about the Ranger, or the cops around here. I’ve been “pulled” over two times in the Ranger since I’ve had it. First time, I wanted to see how it pulled on a hill so I let it go from 65-95 and then… flashing lights. Those new Charger cops are hard to tell at night, nothing compared to their old halogen specifically shaped Vic cruisers. Cop pulled me over, asked if he knew I was going 90+, I told the officer “sorry sir, I was just trying to get away from other cars I don’t like being next to them” he told me that does not matter and he expects me to drive around 65 and let me go with nothing but a non written verbal warning.

Second time, it was a 5-6 lane highway with two of those lanes being an on ramp from a different freeway. I thought the coast was clear, no visible cops(again at night time) and I take off going 100+. Lo and behold, way way way back in the smallest corner of my rear view mirror I see the old red and blue.. it was so far behind that I was thinking “no way it’s me, hmm but it might be” so I started driving 70. Then one minute later, someone shows up on my ass out of nowhere. You see, when you drive in the furthest left lane in San Diego, people will harass you and tailgate you. Cops love to do this to force a reaction out of you when they know you like to speed. I saw the shape of side mirror lights and roof lights so I knew not to get wild and just pulled to the 2nd lane at 70. As he drove past me he yelled in the PA “you are going way too fast back there, the speed limit is 65, if I have to pull you over again I WILL GIVE YOU A TICKET”, gave a thumbs up but I was nervous, I meant to give maybe a sorry hand gesture instead.

I have other good cop stories, I have been courteous to them and they always never gave me a hard time. Overall, been pulled over about 10 times and have never gotten a ticket. All well over 15+ speed limit, even some with marijuana odors in the car(back before it was legal here), all verbal warnings. Well except for that one time the cop was going to give me a fix it ticket for the tint I just put on… but just told me get it fixed at that body shop right next door. Let’s just say.. Now MAGICALLY, you never see my front windows up when I see LEO :turkey: And that one time I was given a field sobriety test for driving 95 at 4am in the Chevy Colorado. But still, a warning no ticket. :clap:

I don’t know. Due to my biased and fortunate experiences, I have nothing to say but good things about cops.:bow: