bkosh84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Construction Supervisor
You doing the 0% for 84?
Yes, I got approved for it, which is why I'm not mentioning anything about incentives.
Sponsored

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I paid 34k out the door for a 302a fx4.

OP
OP

bkosh84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction Supervisor
I paid 34k out the door for a 302a fx4.
Wow. You bought yours at a very good time when you bought it then.

Did you get 0% or incentives?

MannyS

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
got mine in november. they didnt offer 0% then. So technically you're paying the same or less than me because of the no interest.

DHare

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat - Saber; 2020 Ford Edge - Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Well everyone. Here is another update (This is turning into a As The World Turns episode :LOL:)

New dealer honored the internet "dealer discount" and refused to budge on that but they are giving me $6,000 for my trade instead of $5,500 (Making my lien payoff out of my pocket around $525).

I asked to see the dealer invoice and they sent it, showing they paid a little over 39k for the truck (with all packages/accessories) and had MSRP stated above ($40,840). They are discounting it $4,600 dollars making MSRP $36,500 which is $2,600 less than invoice.

What do some of you think of the offer?
Now you're getting there!

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Well everyone. Here is another update (This is turning into a As The World Turns episode :LOL:)

New dealer honored the internet "dealer discount" and refused to budge on that but they are giving me $6,000 for my trade instead of $5,500 (Making my lien payoff out of my pocket around $525).

I asked to see the dealer invoice and they sent it, showing they paid a little over 39k for the truck (with all packages/accessories) and had MSRP stated above ($40,840). They are discounting it $4,600 dollars making MSRP $36,500 which is $2,600 less than invoice.

What do some of you think of the offer?
What is your trade valued at? Many dealerships make their money off the trade-ins. They are willing to discount the price on a new car more knowing they will make it up on the resale value of the used car. The last time the economy crashed, there was a dearth of used vehicles and they were getting top dollar.

OP
OP

bkosh84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction Supervisor
What is your trade valued at? Many dealerships make their money off the trade-ins. They are willing to discount the price on a new car more knowing they will make it up on the resale value of the used car. The last time the economy crashed, there was a dearth of used vehicles and they were getting top dollar.
They valued it at 6k and we owe $6,525. I was expecting $4,500 to be honest, but they came up on the value (and I didn't even ask) so that was a pleasant surprise.

Mpro2

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger xlt
I have a good example of them making their money off of your trade in. Last December, I went to four dealerships with my 97, F-150 that had only 103k miles on it. Three of the dealers would not give me more than $500 for it, which was ridiculous and would not offer more. One dealer offered me $1500, I asked for $2500 and they accepted it. I also received a $1000 rebate for owner loyalty. That 97- F150 was put on the used car lot for $6000, and it sold in two days!
Btw, I bought that truck used ten years ago with 49k miles on it for $3,300. My trade in got me $3500 towards my 2019 XLT supercrew. I did pretty good on that deal!

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
Short time lurker, first time poster.

I was just at a dealer today and got a price quote for a 2019 Ranger XLT 302A Package and they quoted me $42,392 (Including Tax, Title, Registration) and comes out to $505/month at 0% (this is based off an estimate, but my credit should be worthy enough for 0%).

The truck is actually at a different dealership (same franchise) in the area and they said they would bring it over to their dealership for me. The only thing that strikes me strange is that they knocked the Dealer Savings (AutoNation Savings) down by almost half (See this link for truck in question). The website shows a dealer discount of $4,592, but they quoted it at $2,332 on my estimate. Does anyone understand why? I would say it's because of the 0%, but for fun they also quoted me based on incentives/5.9% APR and the dealer discount was also at $2,332.

zero percent.jpg
Ive seen better here also -- this is 19 and an XLT not a lariat, I know its 4x4 but stilll that seem really high. Id shop around some more take that PO and use that to negotiate for a better deal I live in Texas but that is a lot more than they are going for out here unless its got a whole lotta dealer add ons like rims / tires etc. Don't rush into it they will be making some really good deals pretty soon.
here's a thought: go to the dealer that has that truck and talk to them the internet is your friend here use true car or edmonds that truck at 42 seems really high --- good luck

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment