First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150
Occupation
Ford parts guy
Just a quick rant here. I am an Asst Parts Manager at a Ford Dealership in Ohio and have worked at a Ford dealership for over 28 years, after 5 consecutive 3-yr leases of F150's I decided to try to get away from the full size truck and go with a Ranger this time. So in Feb I ordered a 2021 Ranger Lariat with the Tremor package that is set to be built this week. Why am I not excited about this ? What guy wouldn't be excited about getting a new truck ? Well thanks to Fo Mo Co and their lack of rebates and incentives for new leases, I am going to be facing a New Ranger that sticker for sticker is $10,000 less than my 2018 F150 was and I am going to be paying more a month for this lease. WTF ? I do understand that it probably isn't just Ford, but even with employee pricing I'm getting the shaft here. I have been a very loyal FORD guy since forever, but this might make me stray away. UGH !!
Sponsored

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
Try being a paying customer... my financing is costing me $64k (Canadian pesos) for the fully loaded lariat fx4... at least you got something. I got $300 more then blue book for my trade, like pissing in the ocean

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Just a quick rant here. I am an Asst Parts Manager at a Ford Dealership in Ohio and have worked at a Ford dealership for over 28 years, after 5 consecutive 3-yr leases of F150's I decided to try to get away from the full size truck and go with a Ranger this time. So in Feb I ordered a 2021 Ranger Lariat with the Tremor package that is set to be built this week. Why am I not excited about this ? What guy wouldn't be excited about getting a new truck ? Well thanks to Fo Mo Co and their lack of rebates and incentives for new leases, I am going to be facing a New Ranger that sticker for sticker is $10,000 less than my 2018 F150 was and I am going to be paying more a month for this lease. WTF ? I do understand that it probably isn't just Ford, but even with employee pricing I'm getting the shaft here. I have been a very loyal FORD guy since forever, but this might make me stray away. UGH !!
You're not really alone, and it's probably not just fords. Being in the biz I won't bore you with the details of the chip shortages, foam supply due to weather in Texas a while back, etc. But, I don't think you would find any better prices with other brands right now either.

tfisher15

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Supercrew, 4x4; 69 Firebird Conv
Occupation
Retired
From Car and Driver Magazine:
  • Buyers are paying more for new cars as average transaction prices rise. Ford cited an average transaction price of $43,600 in April.

Leftcoast

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Crewcab
My father's brand new 1969 C10 was $2700. My brand new 1978 Ford Fiesta was $4010 OTD. I can go on and on. Inflation happens. Your only hope is your assets and your income increase in lockstep.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Truck market is insane right now. My dealership called me to buy my 2019 Ranger back for almost 5k more than I paid for.
Same here. I paid 32K for my 2020 Lariat (sticker was 39K) on X-Plan and the dealer I bought it from sent me one of those buy back offer letters offering 42K for it. Can't say I am not tempted to take them up on it.

Ranger54

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Service advisor
a lease? Yuck....

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. I paid 32K for my 2020 Lariat (sticker was 39K) on X-Plan and the dealer I bought it from sent me one of those buy back offer letters offering 42K for it. Can't say I am not tempted to take them up on it.
2020 Lariat on X-plan for 32K?
Wow.
Well....if someone right now offered me 10k more for my truck I wouldn't hesitate. The issues with supply 'will' get better and I'd probably wait for the 6g.

troutspinner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I have bought a couple of F150s and a couple of Rams and have always been able to get 20% off MSRP, sometimes a couple points more but the volume and markup just isn't there on a Ranger like they are with full sized trucks. Their residual is just so-so as well. Not much different than an F150 but when you start with a much deeper discounted selling price, the F150 looks more attractive.

Have you considered buying it instead? I do believe the Ranger will hold it's value strongly in the next few years due to gas prices and in general, post-Covid inflation.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
the obvious answer is loan forgiveness......hang in there it might be in the next "package" I heard it stated that the gov is uniquely qualified to help out in these times and these situations. don't lose any sleep over high prices, inflation is not a concern ! :sunglasses:

NeptuneRanger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Insurance Agency Owner AZ, CA, CO and WA.
In overly simple terms the lease cost is the difference between staring value and residual value plus fees. The starting value is high because of the market, the residual is probably not ‘inflated’ to match because the forecasts may be that prices will stabilize again in three years. So therefore your cost the lease is more. This is a math problem to solve, you may indeed be better off purchasing with a low interest rate, and you will probably have equity in three years.

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter