First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
OP, if you work at a dealership you should've seen this coming and bought a few months ago.

For crying out loud I'm just a milkman and I saw it coming. Bought in December with plenty of rebates and 0%.

Also, not sure your reasons for leasing, but the used truck values right now probably make leasing an even worse deal than usual.
Sponsored

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
A new Corvette can cost more than a Bluebird school bus.
Don't let the physical size make you think that you are getting less truck.
If Price were the issue, I would prefer to buy used and own it, rather than "borrow" a truck on a lease.

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
A new Corvette can cost more than a Bluebird school bus.
Don't let the physical size make you think that you are getting less truck.
If Price were the issue, I would prefer to buy used and own it, rather than "borrow" a truck on a lease.
I have to agree with Floyd on this one. I'll take used any day over a lease.

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I read and article the other day that said the pandemic bulls**t has taught manufacturers that they can make as much or more money from less inventory and higher value/profit vehicles than the focus that used to be more inventory and high volumes of cheaper vehicles that make profit only if more are sold. So the days of cheap American cars/trucks may be ending.

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
Just a quick rant here. I am an Asst Parts Manager at a Ford Dealership in Ohio and have worked at a Ford dealership for over 28 years, after 5 consecutive 3-yr leases of F150's I decided to try to get away from the full size truck and go with a Ranger this time. So in Feb I ordered a 2021 Ranger Lariat with the Tremor package that is set to be built this week. Why am I not excited about this ? What guy wouldn't be excited about getting a new truck ? Well thanks to Fo Mo Co and their lack of rebates and incentives for new leases, I am going to be facing a New Ranger that sticker for sticker is $10,000 less than my 2018 F150 was and I am going to be paying more a month for this lease. WTF ? I do understand that it probably isn't just Ford, but even with employee pricing I'm getting the shaft here. I have been a very loyal FORD guy since forever, but this might make me stray away. UGH !!
I solved this problem years ago. I stopped buying new vehicles, or any vehicle for that matter. I'm still driving my '07 Ranger. I looked after it from day one for longevity. I haven't had a car payment in 10 years. Thats how you beat companies and banks at their own game.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
I bought a XLT Tremor package with towing and technology pkg last month. With the rebate of $1750, extra Ford marketing rebate of $1250, $900 dealer cash, and x plan discount I saved around 6k from sticker. With rates as low as 1.8% which I found for up to 84mo it becomes almost a lease payment had I gone 84mo which I did not. Point is if you make payments on it for 3 years you'll likely be on the right side of things with a low interest rate and have trade equity.

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
but its still a losing fight.
you might not buy new, often or at all, but someone did, thats how your used one came into the market.
its a game unfortunately that the consumer never really wins.

I highly doubt prices will fall after this pandemic is over, there will now always be something to keep the prices inflated.
Oh, I agree totally, and you're right on the money (pardon the pun lol). My "winning feeling" comes from the fact I haven't had a car payment on 10 years. I've been driving for free, for 10 years.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
the obvious answer is loan forgiveness......hang in there it might be in the next "package" I heard it stated that the gov is uniquely qualified to help out in these times and these situations. don't lose any sleep over high prices, inflation is not a concern ! :sunglasses:
D.C. .... throwing money down dark holes like drunken sailors on leave.... (with all due respect to sailors everywhere).

The National Debt Clock is being fitted with nitrogen cooled bearings..

DaleB

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford ranger XL, STX
Occupation
Self employed
Totally agree, and the pricing of newer vehicles Has gone completely insane. That’s why I stuck with a XL, STX range of 2020 4x4. Basic truck, could not see Paying another 10 grand for a lariat that’s not full-size F150. My opinion it’s no wonder place is a Carmax or a better option than giving the dealer that upfront $10-$15,000 in depreciation

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The L word is the problem. Every few years lease companies shuffle their features in the hope you won't notice that leasing is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean end.

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
Try being a paying customer... my financing is costing me $64k (Canadian pesos) for the fully loaded lariat fx4... at least you got something. I got $300 more then blue book for my trade, like pissing in the ocean
:shock: we paid 43k (before taxes/fees) which was ford's fake "employee" pricing + 0% apr for 7 years. That was for a non-loaded Lariat, FX4 only six months ago. I guess they really must have low supply now.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Totally agree, and the pricing of newer vehicles Has gone completely insane. That’s why I stuck with a XL, STX range of 2020 4x4. Basic truck, could not see Paying another 10 grand for a lariat that’s not full-size F150. My opinion it’s no wonder place is a Carmax or a better option than giving the dealer that upfront $10-$15,000 in depreciation
I bought my Lariat in Dec. Put a small amount down, $10k, and financed the rest at 0%. KBB says I could sell my truck for $2k profit even including my sales tax. What depreciation? Carmax has offered me a quote with a similar profit margin, imagine how much more their buyers will pay. The car buying world is not what it once was.

As far as an F-150 at Lariat prices, think again. To match my price on my loaded FX-4 Lariat Ranger you'd only get a bare bones 2.7l 4wd XL SCrew with tow package.

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
:shock: we paid 43k (before taxes/fees) which was ford's fake "employee" pricing + 0% apr for 7 years. That was for a non-loaded Lariat, FX4 only six months ago. I guess they really must have low supply now.
It’s the old Onteribble shitty end of the stick for sure.... when I bought in December they had 3 identical trucks to mine, 3-4 XLTs and I think 5 2019 ones on the lot. Also like 12 escapes and 4 broncos. Only 20 or so F150s

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
It’s the old Onteribble shitty end of the stick for sure.... when I bought in December they had 3 identical trucks to mine, 3-4 XLTs and I think 5 2019 ones on the lot. Also like 12 escapes and 4 broncos. Only 20 or so F150s
Trudeau running your dealerships up there?
Sponsored