First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
Trudeau running your dealerships up there?
Old Justine needs his $$$ for his sunny ways.... don’t get me started on him. Or any of our politricks
Sponsored

Dunedain Ranger

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL Super Cab - 2WD, 1995 Honda Accord EX Station Wagon
In overly simple terms the lease cost is the difference between staring value and residual value plus fees. The starting value is high because of the market, the residual is probably not ‘inflated’ to match because the forecasts may be that prices will stabilize again in three years. So therefore your cost the lease is more. This is a math problem to solve, you may indeed be better off purchasing with a low interest rate, and you will probably have equity in three years.
You are spot on. Leasing is really more advantageous if you own a business, because you can deduct the full lease amount as a business expense, as opposed to having depreciate the expense over time if you were to purchase it outright. Most corporations and businesses will lease their fleets as opposed to purchase for that reason. As regular consumer, for the most part it is always better to purchase rather than lease. With purchasing you don't have mileage or usage constrictions in addition to the equity issue as you point out. Dealerships will make more on leases as well - they always push the "low monthly lease price" as the focus of the advertising, with the actual cost of leasing buried in the fine print.

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
I won't, but thought you might appreciate this one.
1621542468395.png
As a Jew I am offended... As a Canadian... I am offended. As an adult. Yep ? nailed it. He can paddle his canoe to f offy land and play hide and go f himself. I’m actually embarrassed to admit I have shook his hand and spoke to him...

Your meme is accurate, can confirm

OP
OP
fordpartsguy14
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150
Occupation
Ford parts guy
I bought my Lariat in Dec. Put a small amount down, $10k, and financed the rest at 0%. KBB says I could sell my truck for $2k profit even including my sales tax. What depreciation? Carmax has offered me a quote with a similar profit margin, imagine how much more their buyers will pay. The car buying world is not what it once was.

As far as an F-150 at Lariat prices, think again. To match my price on my loaded FX-4 Lariat Ranger you'd only get a bare bones 2.7l 4wd XL SCrew with tow package.
Exactly, for me to buy the same truck i have (2018 F150 XLT S/Crew 4x4 off road and Sport package) it would cost me $10k more sticker for sticker. $10k increase in 3 yrs. Thank you Fo Mo Co

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ranger Tremor, ‘20 Raptor, ‘14 Jeep SRT
Take that D Plan, enjoy your day.

You work in the business, you should know better than to make a post that comes across like this. You know what these trucks come equipped with compared to your '18.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Exactly, for me to buy the same truck i have (2018 F150 XLT S/Crew 4x4 off road and Sport package) it would cost me $10k more sticker for sticker. $10k increase in 3 yrs. Thank you Fo Mo Co
It's not just Ford though. It's all manufacturers, and all products really.

Reactions: EJH

RescueMe1060

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2021 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Dept. of Public Works

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 Jaguar XJR, 21 Bronco Sport
All brands are holding at sticker right now or selling for premiums. Strange times due to shortages and material escalation costs . . . I had to haggle to get my tremor at sticker & i did most likely because i bought my wife's bronco sport a couple weeks prior. . Also no discount on bronco

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
I'm surprised you're unaware of how leases work being in the industry and having 3 prior leases. A Ford Ranger's residual value isn't as high as a full size truck, especially an F150. That's why you're paying more for a Ranger for a 3 year lease. Small (midsize) truck's depreciate at a faster rate, especially in the first couple years while F150's maintain their value better than most autos across the board and don't depreciate as quickly in the first couple years.
This-----------^
It's why Mustangs lease horribly.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XL
Occupation
Logistics
Just a quick rant here. I am an Asst Parts Manager at a Ford Dealership in Ohio and have worked at a Ford dealership for over 28 years, after 5 consecutive 3-yr leases of F150's I decided to try to get away from the full size truck and go with a Ranger this time. So in Feb I ordered a 2021 Ranger Lariat with the Tremor package that is set to be built this week. Why am I not excited about this ? What guy wouldn't be excited about getting a new truck ? Well thanks to Fo Mo Co and their lack of rebates and incentives for new leases, I am going to be facing a New Ranger that sticker for sticker is $10,000 less than my 2018 F150 was and I am going to be paying more a month for this lease. WTF ? I do understand that it probably isn't just Ford, but even with employee pricing I'm getting the shaft here. I have been a very loyal FORD guy since forever, but this might make me stray away. UGH !!
Very, VERY hard to sympathize or have empathy here. Especially when I have seen Mavs plus $6k, $13k and even $20k as market adjustments. MAVERICKS. You know. Those trucks that were priced by Corporate to get that small truck market back. Which the dealers then screwed all to hell for their personal greed, all because the prospective customer cancelled their order when it was the regular pricing. Personally. I would love to see dealers be eliminated, and their car lots turned into massive repair maintenance facilities. With all orders done online.

Really. Justify a Maverick XL selling for $35k by San Bernardino Ford dealer. Come on.

DonB

Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 HPR Ranger Super Cab FX4
Occupation
Retired
Just a quick rant here. I am an Asst Parts Manager at a Ford Dealership in Ohio and have worked at a Ford dealership for over 28 years, after 5 consecutive 3-yr leases of F150's I decided to try to get away from the full size truck and go with a Ranger this time. So in Feb I ordered a 2021 Ranger Lariat with the Tremor package that is set to be built this week. Why am I not excited about this ? What guy wouldn't be excited about getting a new truck ? Well thanks to Fo Mo Co and their lack of rebates and incentives for new leases, I am going to be facing a New Ranger that sticker for sticker is $10,000 less than my 2018 F150 was and I am going to be paying more a month for this lease. WTF ? I do understand that it probably isn't just Ford, but even with employee pricing I'm getting the shaft here. I have been a very loyal FORD guy since forever, but this might make me stray away. UGH !!
An old F&I guy once told me, "The only reason people lease cars is because they can't afford to buy them."

OP
OP
fordpartsguy14
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150
Occupation
Ford parts guy
An old F&I guy once told me, "The only reason people lease cars is because they can't afford to buy them."
Interesting... I have leased my last 6 Ford's, that's 17 years I have been leasing...not because i can't afford to buy but because I enjoy having a new truck every 3 years that having zero cost in repairs beside oil change and tire rotations. So... your old F&I guy is wrong.

OP
OP
fordpartsguy14
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150
Occupation
Ford parts guy
Very, VERY hard to sympathize or have empathy here. Especially when I have seen Mavs plus $6k, $13k and even $20k as market adjustments. MAVERICKS. You know. Those trucks that were priced by Corporate to get that small truck market back. Which the dealers then screwed all to hell for their personal greed, all because the prospective customer cancelled their order when it was the regular pricing. Personally. I would love to see dealers be eliminated, and their car lots turned into massive repair maintenance facilities. With all orders done online.

Really. Justify a Maverick XL selling for $35k by San Bernardino Ford dealer. Come on.
LOL, I posted this almost 15 months ago !! Thanks for the quick response.
Sponsored