aFe BladeRunner Charge Pipes - install video/write-up?

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat (previously 2012 Ford SVT Raptor)
aFe Power BladeRunner Hot and Cold Charge Pipe Kit

Before I start this install, has anyone done an install video? Or maybe a detailed write-up of the install? I've heard there are some tricky parts of the install, so I'd like to be prepared, have all the right tools, and see how people overcame the tricky parts.

Thanks ahead of time!
Sponsored

jleds

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
aFe Power BladeRunner Hot and Cold Charge Pipe Kit

Before I start this install, has anyone done an install video? Or maybe a detailed write-up of the install? I've heard there are some tricky parts of the install, so I'd like to be prepared, have all the right tools, and see how people overcame the tricky parts.

Thanks ahead of time!
Unfortunately I have not heard or seen any install videos but it was not too bad. i have absolutely no experience and got it done. One thing I wish I knew tho was that you can loosen the intercooler to give you a little bit of play. which honestly would save you alot of trouble trying to fit it in. Theres a video on YouTube and he explains where to loosen the bolts. Hope that helps a little.

OP
OP
RangerRaptor

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat (previously 2012 Ford SVT Raptor)
Unfortunately I have not heard or seen any install videos but it was not too bad. i have absolutely no experience and got it done. One thing I wish I knew tho was that you can loosen the intercooler to give you a little bit of play. which honestly would save you alot of trouble trying to fit it in. Theres a video on YouTube and he explains where to loosen the bolts. Hope that helps a little.
Thanks Jay! I did watch that video yesterday and his comments were helpful. I found it while searching for install videos. The instructions from aFe are not very clear or useful. I’ve installed many complex mods on my Ford Raptor and my current Ranger, but I’ve learned it’s better to know the details ahead of time. Usually saves time, blood, and cursing.

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
Thanks Jay! I did watch that video yesterday and his comments were helpful. I found it while searching for install videos. The instructions from aFe are not very clear or useful. I’ve installed many complex mods on my Ford Raptor and my current Ranger, but I’ve learned it’s better to know the details ahead of time. Usually saves time, blood, and cursing.
Sorry for resurrecting a two year old thread. Is there a link to that video? My hot side pipe was not an issue to get in at all. But, the cold side is being a b*tch. With the new boot on the end, it hits the throttle body and I can't get it level enough to click into place on the IC end, or to get the boot to compress or fold enough to get level with the TB. I ended up putting the stock cold side pipe back in place, for now.

Reactions: Ace

Ace

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Sorry for resurrecting a two year old thread. Is there a link to that video? My hot side pipe was not an issue to get in at all. But, the cold side is being a b*tch. With the new boot on the end, it hits the throttle body and I can't get it level enough to click into place on the IC end, or to get the boot to compress or fold enough to get level with the TB. I ended up putting the stock cold side pipe back in place, for now.
Yeah it's a b*tch. I almost ripped the boot trying to shove the stoooopid thing in there. I ended up removing the TB and loosening the intercooler just so there's enough wiggle room to install it. It can be done I promise. Just need to have a little patients. Oh and the clamp for the boot they give you won't fit. You'll have to use your OEM clamp so make sure you don't throw that away.

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
I ended up moving everything forward to get it on. That should just be in their directions. I didn’t think about also removing the throttle body, that would’ve helped too.

@Msfitoy, I don’t know if it’s a new name or not.
Sponsored