First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Make sure it is actually revving, as when you first start out in the morning the fan sounds like a jet engine for a few seconds. Then quiets down. First time hearing it can be quite disconcerting. But it is loud and sounds a lot like it is revving.
Man, ain't that the truth. The first time I experienced that I was wondering what the hell was going on.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Hi, i just purchase a used 2020 ranger xlt 4x4 with 60k miles. is it wierd that from a stop it revs up to 2-3k rpm before rolling? is that just how all the rnagers are? im pretty gentle on the gas pedal and i always have auto start stop turned off. thanks
It should stay around 2K+ RPM off line , then build to 3K+ in 1 then shift to 2 or skip 2 and go to 3 then 5 etc. Sport or Trailer Tow mode raises the shift points some. Did you buy an extended. warranty?

Here's your reading assignment: 🤓

Attachments

Strapper

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 5'
Occupation
Retired
Hi, i just purchase a used 2020 ranger xlt 4x4 with 60k miles. is it wierd that from a stop it revs up to 2-3k rpm before rolling? is that just how all the rnagers are? im pretty gentle on the gas pedal and i always have auto start stop turned off. thanks
Make sure you are not inadvertantly locking out gears with the - + button on the side of the shifter. Also I believe longer high RPMs in Sport mode.
I was causing myself concerns before I looked it up.
Sponsored