Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, just purchased my Ranger, has 300 miles on it and has stopped the hard breaking when coming to a stop but one thing I have a question about. During take off it has a huge hesitation, almost like letting a clutch out very slowely, after it goes to 2nd gear it will take off like a rocket, tried sport mode and tow mode and has it with both. It this something that will go away with time or do I need to take to the dealer?

Not sure why I put Take has hesitation other than looking a fool for my first post.
If you're flooring it, it could be traction control preventing wheelspin (loss of traction).

I think I noticed something like that with mine, too, but I have a check engine light that causes an unsteady idle, so I kind of expect the occasional hiccup taking off. I've also felt mine do some funky things when I give it a little extra while taking off around a corner, feels like it's whacking the outside front brake for some reason. I feel it in the steering wheel.

But when really giving it the big foot in a straight line, it feels like the traction control is doing something, because the rear wheels are at the edge of traction, but they never break loose. and in 2nd, the traction control lets up the stranglehold and whoosh...

Try turning off the traction control as an experiment to see what happens. Probably experience some wheelspin.
Sponsored