Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
Hi Folks,

Not being familliar with the Bronco, does the Bronco have this cover and the hood blanket? not sure how this and the Ranger Engine cover would fit together, but if there is a will, there is a way, eh?

Can not see this as anything other than an NVH cover of a noisy engine component, but I cannot understand the program allowing something like this unless there was a vexing NVH problem that they could not fix prior to production. Sort of like a cat covering their shit in the sand box??? Bronco have an aluminum hood?

I want my HPFP to live a happy life and be able to get cooling as best it can... I would need to understand why this cover is on the Bronco before just ordering one for Ranger... I know this seems to be an easy fix, but without understanding, you are in the supposition phase and many not understand the application only to find you just caused yourself a problem that did not need to be fixed...

best,
Phil
I agree. I’m just curious. If someone did order one, having it may lead to more clues as to why it is there for the Bronco.

I actually just thought about it. A coworker of mine owns a Bronco. Not sure which trim, but I’ll check hers out and see if she has it.
Sponsored

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
Some Broncos with the Higher Packages have a Hood Mat on the underside. I have a Big Bend and it does not, YET.

I have ordered one and am waiting for it. The empty honeycomb on the underside of the hood looks atrocious.

JCliftonB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Some Broncos with the Higher Packages have a Hood Mat on the underside. I have a Big Bend and it does not, YET.

I have ordered one and am waiting for it. The empty honeycomb on the underside of the hood looks atrocious.
Did you get this cover and install it? Was the result a quieter FP?

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
Yes, finally got one.

It made an initial difference (sometimes I think that is just mental) but I just passed 1000 miles and it is a lot quieter overall and runs better. Feels like a different much better ride, plus I probably am to the point of being used to it and hear very little now.

The Ranger was the same (Ford was right to say go 1000 miles for break-in, at least to Tow) and it became a much better ride. So to any new 2.3L owners, regardless of your ride, give it a 1000 miles of varied driving to get it happy. I think it really comes down to getting a few tanks of gas run through them as it learns your driving style.

Although, the two (Ranger/Bronco) both suffer from needing better shocks/struts. I have ICON on the Ranger and the wife has yet to choose what she would like to do to the Bronco. Probably won't be right of way, as tires / wheels are next.
Sponsored

Last edited: