Seen a post on Facebook, on turning off ford pass and auto updates ?

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
anyone know why you would????? using a tune ?/
Sponsored

Last edited:

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
anyone know why you would????? using a tune ?/
Sounds like they don't understand the difference between flashing the ECU and the Infotainment system. Ford Performance tells you to remove the tune before flashing updates to the ECU and then reflash your tune. I assume that's because the OE ECU updates don't play well with 'wrong' information being written to the ECU from a tuner. Safer to return to stock, update the programming, then reflash the tune.

Infotainment shouldn't have any impact on the ECU.

OP
OP
RAYJAY

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
Sounds like they don't understand the difference between flashing the ECU and the Infotainment system. Ford Performance tells you to remove the tune before flashing updates to the ECU and then reflash your tune. I assume that's because the OE ECU updates don't play well with 'wrong' information being written to the ECU from a tuner. Safer to return to stock, update the programming, then reflash the tune.

Infotainment shouldn't have any impact on the ECU.

thats what i thought.. they also saying that ford pass get a ton of codes every time you flash the ECU

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
thats what i thought.. they also saying that ford pass get a ton of codes every time you flash the ECU
I haven't had that issue. When I flash the tune, it pops every code known to man on the truck, then clears them. As long as the FordPass app isn't open, I don't get the codes on the app.
Sponsored