Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Some people don't like Cybertruck design. fine,
But we have to agree, not having paint on a vehicle is frigging genius.

I swear the paint chips on my 2019 ranger every time a bug hits it.

Due to various factors, new vehicle paint is extremely thin and weak. It's been estimated paint accounts for nearly 1/3 of new vehicle cost.

I'd much rather a vehicle with no paint then wrap it in any color or design I choose.
I just can't get into the design of the Tesla, but I'm cool with them doing it. If it sells, then great, it just won't be in my garage. A 2021 DeLorean? No thanks. I guess I'm too old to buy into such a radical design.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Im not a big EV guy, but I like it. The price is not bad either, I just wish Ford would use different names for their new platforms.
Well that didn't take long. lol

Is it to late to retract my my first post. :facepalm:
Too late, you er in the Scotty Bieber Fan Club. :crackup:

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
100 percent electrification appeals to me because of the reliability factor of the motors - and also less fluids to worry about. Should be less trips to the dealer.

I love that there’s such a thing as Tesla, because they seem to push boundaries, and seem to be in the lead with battery tech and charging accessibility but, I’m not sure I could trust to buy from them at this point in time because of a lack of dealer networks. What if I have a problem? What’s the process I have to go through to get something fixed or looked at? With Ford, I have a dealership 3 miles away, and in any state I travel to if a problem occurs.

If Tesla somehow fixes this issue, I would be all in on their products, because of actual material science and I think they’re going to continuously be ahead in the electric segment for years to come.

Will Ford really compete with them as far as pushing boundaries? With tech and material science, or will they be conservative?

Because it would be hard for me to buy an electric F150 if I’m getting 100 miles or more less range compared to a Tesla.

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
100 percent electrification appeals to me because of the reliability factor of the motors - and also less fluids to worry about. Should be less trips to the dealer.

I love that there’s such a thing as Tesla, because they seem to push boundaries, and seem to be in the lead with battery tech and charging accessibility but, I’m not sure I could trust to buy from them at this point in time because of a lack of dealer networks. What if I have a problem? What’s the process I have to go through to get something fixed or looked at? With Ford, I have a dealership 3 miles away, and in any state I travel to if a problem occurs.

If Tesla somehow fixes this issue, I would be all in on their products, because of actual material science and I think they’re going to continuously be ahead in the electric segment for years to come.

Will Ford really compete with them as far as pushing boundaries? With tech and material science, or will they be conservative?

Because it would be hard for me to buy an electric F150 if I’m getting 100 miles or more less range compared to a Tesla.
Ford rated their range with 1,000lbs of payload in the truck and Ford has been conservative on their electric ranges thus far. Tesla on the other hand has been overstating their ranges quite a bit and there’s plenty of evidence to support this
Sponsored