Sponsored

Jonnmaggie

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT all magnetic
That smooth button thing is something I hate about all new vehicles. Went from an 02 Super Duty to a new ranger. No braille on cruise buttons, no telling what HVAC buttons are where (I dont know why they have buttons under the large display, its safer to use peripherals to drive than blinding out looking down). Only positive is if you practice enough you can see the result of what you're pressing when you look down. Also no vibration on the screen when something is selected. All little, very cheap things that could've easily been fixed before production line.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
They do not come with bolts, wow..
I vaguely recall reading that you're not supposed to reuse the bolts, so if you pull them off you're supposed to get new ones. In that case it probably makes sense to make the bolt a separate part number.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Well mine is missing a set too.. I believe mine was made in OCT..

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
+1 on the button bumpers.

A pet peeve of mind is the dimmer lighting because I like low lighting at night. That makes it very low during daytime. So instead of using the dimmer all the time I have a hard time seeing the AC + & - controls.
I’m going to add these to those buttons. :thumbsup:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Garage Floor Gorilla Tape For Back-Up Camera... Teaching An Old Dog A New Trick

Since September I've been using the mirrors on our new Ranger pickup to back into the garage. That works on occasionally when I get out of the truck, when the drivers door is wide open, the door touches the wall if I don't get the truck centered up just right.

Our Ranger is the first vehicle we own that has a back up Camera.

Today I put a piece of Gorilla Tape down the center of the garage bay where I park the Ranger. Now I can get the truck in the same spot, every time. And I added another piece of tape at the back of the garage so I know when I'm back far enough.

Easy Peazy...

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
Sometimes the simplest ideas work the best... that’s not a bad idea at all!

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
I’ll be doing that under my car port.

edit: “Truck port”.

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
Drawing of the Door Sill Scuff Plates...

Just in case anybody want's to modify some of these for other applications.... here's a couple drawings and a pdf.

Ranger Sill Plate Rev 1 Sheet 1 of 2.jpg
Ranger Sill Plate Rev 1 Sheet 2 of 2.jpg
This is a GREAT idea!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Shrockworks Rock Sliders, with the Dimpled Tread Plates

We ordered a set of Shrockworks Rock Sliders on 12-16-2019 for our SuperCab. We don't plan to be sliding on rocks with our Ranger.. but there are other good reasons to go with the Shrockworks design vs running boards.:

The Rock Sliders:
  • bolt to the frame of the truck, Running Boards bolt to the sheet metal floor of the truck,
  • don't have the big gap between them and the cab rocker panel.

The form, fit and function of the Rock Sliders just seems so much better vs running boards.

But, just like running boards they'll also help protect the rocker panels from road debris, and protect the truck from people swinging their car doors into it in parking lots.

I'll post up some installation photo's once they arrive.
Mine is showing up tomorrow...I hope the drop off goes well since it's just me:fingerscrossed::whew:

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
What's the plan Sid? If the semi driver isn't willing to help...... and depending on the design of the crate...

I'm planning to back my truck up to the semi with the tailgate up on the Ranger. I'll lay a 2x8 in the bed Then slowly slide the crate out until it teeter totters down onto the 2x8 in the bed of the Ranger. Then get in the Bed of the Ranger and slide the crate forward until it is just barely still sitting on the semi. Place my floor jack in the back of the Ranger, right up against the tailgate and jack the crate up just enough to lift the crate off the semi. Pull the Ranger forward and let the crate down on the tailgate.

Once I back the truck in the barn I can lift the crate out with my 2 post lift if need be.

The copious amount of snow we have here isn't helping the situation.

Please take some photo's if you would. My plan may not be worth much since I have yet to see what the crate looks like.

Best bet may to just bust open the crate... but I've read it's not that easy. The two parts are wrapped and then foam is used to fill the voids in the crate.
PS no crate on mine. Just an very large box, sliders, hardware, bagged, then the open space filled with spray foam

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
What's the plan Sid? If the semi driver isn't willing to help...... and depending on the design of the crate...

I'm planning to back my truck up to the semi with the tailgate up on the Ranger. I'll lay a 2x8 in the bed Then slowly slide the crate out until it teeter totters down onto the 2x8 in the bed of the Ranger. Then get in the Bed of the Ranger and slide the crate forward until it is just barely still sitting on the semi. Place my floor jack in the back of the Ranger, right up against the tailgate and jack the crate up just enough to lift the crate off the semi. Pull the Ranger forward and let the crate down on the tailgate.

Once I back the truck in the barn I can lift the crate out with my 2 post lift if need be.

The copious amount of snow we have here isn't helping the situation.

Please take some photo's if you would. My plan may not be worth much since I have yet to see what the crate looks like.

Best bet may to just bust open the crate... but I've read it's not that easy. The two parts are wrapped and then foam is used to fill the voids in the crate.
If all else fails (uncooperative driver etc), I'll back up my Ranger up to the trailer. My Diamondback should be roughly close to the height of the trailer and hopefully I can just slide the box off onto the top of the Diamondback:fingerscrossed:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Thanks, that’s some good info. I plan on changing mine soon so it’s good to see what to expect.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
This was well worth the hour of reading, really good work and photos. Something I use alot for adhesive purposes is regular black rtv silicone. It holds really good for trim pieces. Its also removable without damaging anything, and a good thread sealer for pneumatics and water connections. If you have that one connector that just wont stop leaking. If you get your fingers really wet :giggle: you can mold and shape it to a nice smooth surface filler.

About the carpet in fender wells, that is the exact thing I questioned myself. Its on both my Fords, only the rear though.

PC74

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
This is great! Thanks! 4,000 miles on "Annual Protection Mobil 1"?? Now THAT'S protecting your innards!

Lmood

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
The 205 is probably dimensional weight. Shipping companies get to charge the shipper a hell of a lot more based on what a package that size SHOULD weigh. I got hit with this charge pretty hard on some headlights I sold.
Those look nice though! Can't wait to see these installed.
Sponsored