First Name
Steele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Ford Ranger Supercab
Occupation
Machinist
They spill all over. Cutoff is atrocious with hotspot above because a 2 sided LED chip clearly has a different light output and shape than a filament in a halogen. You are disrupting others.

At dusk on a crowded highway turn your lights off and see how dark the highway signs 20’ in the air get despite the dozens of cars around you.
I appreciate the concern trust me I do I had the same concerns when buying the light's because I myself don't like being blinded while I drive, when I was testing the lights out and got in another car and looked at it from an oncoming person it wasn't much worse than the stock halogens. I had a 22' civic with stock LEDs prior to my ranger and it was about the same if not worse and that was stock. As much as I love discussing the lights and I genuinely do like having these conversations I'd rather not clog up my build journal with it lol.
Sponsored

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger xlt
Occupation
Gunsmith
Hey man still willing to hit the trails with you when you have an open weekend.

OP
OP
Steelekj03

Steelekj03

First Name
Steele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinist
Hey man still willing to hit the trails with you when you have an open weekend.
I'm Still Down to go for sure, I haven't had the truck out much other than that one four peaks run I did and using it to take my 450 Out riding, There's a bunch of us trying to figure out a weekend to get the trucks out here soon I'll DM you on Instagram once I Know more!

OP
OP
Steelekj03

Steelekj03

First Name
Steele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinist
So I finally got around to installing these diode dynamic ss3 pro fog light kit and WOW they are nice, The fog pattern is perfect and gets a lot of light everywhere. The install was very easy I just dropped the bumper which is 6 bolts and took the housings off and swapped these in, and while the bumper was off I slid my crash bars out as well!
7C6A78E6-D2AA-4E5F-9809-603968DCFCDD.jpeg
DBA8671C-2571-4402-897B-86AEF1AD6505.jpeg
1D75DDE8-96B6-447D-B042-95CEB387628A.jpeg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
So I finally got around to installing these diode dynamic ss3 pro fog light kit and WOW they are nice, The fog pattern is perfect and gets a lot of light everywhere. The install was very easy I just dropped the bumper which is 6 bolts and took the housings off and swapped these in, and while the bumper was off I slid my crash bars out as well!
7C6A78E6-D2AA-4E5F-9809-603968DCFCDD.jpeg
Making darn sure that steel support column is plumb, I see. ;)

Truck’s looking great.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Steelekj03

Steelekj03

First Name
Steele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machinist
Making darn sure that that steel support column is plumb, I see. ;)

Truck’s looking great.
Haha yep ?
Btw I will be working on a roof rack design for my truck this weekend, the plan will be something similar in style to a front runner or prinsu with pods or light bar in the front (will be using diode dynamics) and flush mount dd ssc2 on each side of the rack with the back 2 being ambers for chase lights!
Sponsored