Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350
Occupation
Harvester of Pain
Vehicle Showcase
I took the bumper off real quick to grab some more pics. When I get some mounts back from the laser cutter, i'll get some pics off the truck.

Sorry for the dirty truck, hard to wash it when its 20* out.

Here you can see the full mount. It has the two large holes to allow air to pass through, and allow access to the winch clutch lever.

yepTjTUh.jpg

Now you can see the top side of the mount and see that it is a formed 3 sided box. This really adds a ton of strength.

Kd95CW0h.jpg

This is from the passenger side, looking up. You can see the lower bracket that ties into the factory Tow hook mounts, and a triangular upper mount that ties into the back side of the frame horn. All factory hardware attaches the mount to the truck.

UgAjuVuh.jpg

Here is the clearance between the winch and the radiator/condenser. The intercooler is mounted on the topside of the radiator and not affected by the winch.

bjjo835h.jpg

Hopefully these pictures help you guys out! We have decided that this mount will now include powder coating for the existing price of $499.99 + shipping.
Excellent pictures thank you! It fits like it's intended to be there. I appreciate that you will powdercoat the mount.

OP
OP
589FAB

589FAB

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger SuperCrew XLT
Had a great weekend keeping up with the Jeeps and ZR2's in northern Michigan.

You may notice the truck is now running 315/75r16 Falken WildPeak AT3W's. Tires did awesome in the snow and ice.

P4EvaTuh.jpg

WxNerd2015

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 Wrangler, 2017 Escape
Occupation
Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I really like the hidden winch mount you guys have created! very clean looking and of coarse, extremely useful! I know one if my biggest things though is that I would love to have a mount like this, but i do not want to loose my adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). Do you guys have an solutions in the works to be able to relocate he ACC module or still position it in some way with the winch mount?

I was doing some looking on this and looked further into Addictive Desert Designs (ADD) and their ACC relocation mount. I went through their instructions on installing it and it seems very simple, and seems as though it doesn't interfere much, if any with the function of the radar. Something like this would still allow the usage of the factory bumper winch mount that you guys have put together without having to sacrifice some of the higher end features.

Would love to see what you guys may be able to come out with to help support this feature! Plus, I love seeing what companies local to me can do! I always like supporting the local Michigan companies! And I have definitely worked with some of the companies and shops in your area in regards to my Jeep for a bunch of work! Good luck and keep up the great products!

OP
OP
589FAB

589FAB

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really like the hidden winch mount you guys have created! very clean looking and of coarse, extremely useful! I know one if my biggest things though is that I would love to have a mount like this, but i do not want to loose my adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). Do you guys have an solutions in the works to be able to relocate he ACC module or still position it in some way with the winch mount?

I was doing some looking on this and looked further into Addictive Desert Designs (ADD) and their ACC relocation mount. I went through their instructions on installing it and it seems very simple, and seems as though it doesn't interfere much, if any with the function of the radar. Something like this would still allow the usage of the factory bumper winch mount that you guys have put together without having to sacrifice some of the higher end features.

Would love to see what you guys may be able to come out with to help support this feature! Plus, I love seeing what companies local to me can do! I always like supporting the local Michigan companies! And I have definitely worked with some of the companies and shops in your area in regards to my Jeep for a bunch of work! Good luck and keep up the great products!
Thank you! We haven't looked into relocating the ACC module yet, but it is something that we want to do.

WxNerd2015

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2011 Wrangler, 2017 Escape
Occupation
Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you! We haven't looked into relocating the ACC module yet, but it is something that we want to do.
Cool! I will stay tuned to see what you guys come up with then! If you do need a Ranger with the ACC to check out, I am only about 50 minutes or so away! Like i said, i like supporting Michigan companies when I can! But good luck guys! Keep it up!

AirborneRanger

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Cobra SCJ, 19 Ranger FX4
Occupation
11B4V
589FAB, I have been reading through your build thread, and it's awesome. The hidden winch behind the stock bumper is genius. I also see that you dont have you factory bed anymore. Would you be willing to part with it? I'm working on a crew cab long bed conversion. Sorry didnt mean to jack your thread and turn it into a barter.

OP
OP
589FAB

589FAB

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool! I will stay tuned to see what you guys come up with then! If you do need a Ranger with the ACC to check out, I am only about 50 minutes or so away! Like i said, i like supporting Michigan companies when I can! But good luck guys! Keep it up!
Thank you for the support!

589FAB, I have been reading through your build thread, and it's awesome. The hidden winch behind the stock bumper is genius. I also see that you dont have you factory bed anymore. Would you be willing to part with it? I'm working on a crew cab long bed conversion. Sorry didnt mean to jack your thread and turn it into a barter.
Thanks! As of right now (plans change constantly) we will be putting the bed back on and may be upgrading to a crew cab in near future. I can let you know if that plan changes though.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Build looks great! quick question about the skid plates, can I buy just the transmission skid plate and still use my factory front skid plate?

OP
OP
589FAB

589FAB

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build looks great! quick question about the skid plates, can I buy just the transmission skid plate and still use my factory front skid plate?
Thanks!

Which factory skid? The very front one that goes up to the bumper, or the one under the front axle/oilpan?

With the very front skid, no problem. With the factory oil pan skid, I haven't tried it yet but I believe they will work together. May need some minor trimming on the factory skid to allow access to the bolts for our skid.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Thanks!

Which factory skid? The very front one that goes up to the bumper, or the one under the front axle/oilpan?

With the very front skid, no problem. With the factory oil pan skid, I haven't tried it yet but I believe they will work together. May need some minor trimming on the factory skid to allow access to the bolts for our skid.
I’m just talking about the very front one under the radiator. Only want to keep it because the color matches the trim on the truck. I’d like to get the oil pan and trans pan skid plates and keep the front factory radiator one.

OP
OP
589FAB

589FAB

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m just talking about the very front one under the radiator. Only want to keep it because the color matches the trim on the truck. I’d like to get the oil pan and trans pan skid plates and keep the front factory radiator one.
Our transmission skid will work with your factory front skid. However, our oilpan skid won't work with the factory front skid. We sell the Front skid and oil pan skid together as one because they bolt together.

Hope that helps!

MrRisk

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT
Occupation
Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
My favorite ranger= your ranger.

TJMarchand

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT / 1984 Monte Carlo SS
Super quality build, can't wait to see what else you end up doing.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.