First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Supercrew Cab FX4
Occupation
ENGINEER
Over inflate was a poor choice of words on my part. I should have stated, much higher inflation than recommended, which will decrease tire contact patch adversely affecting controllability. Apparently you feel that's not the case so we'll just have to agree to disagree on that point.
80 p.s.i. sounds ridiculous!

From Hankook webpage, the last two sizes are for Ranger 17&18 wheels, last column is MAX pressure:

Screenshot_20220115-224943_kindlephoto-166276912.png

The center of the tire will become bald quick, not to mention spinning out on cornering, unless you are doing doughnuts and drifting!

Info from Firestone on dangers of overinflation:
Firestone on Over Inflation
Sponsored

Ranger_Bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
I have a 2020 Lariat with tow package and dealer installed Redarc brake controller. Planning to tow a Grand Designs Imagine 17 MKE (see attached sticker). I know I need to go the scales but just wanted everyone's opinion so as to make this as safe as possible. I have an Eaz-Lift Elite weight distribution hitch with a friction-type sway controller. I had a smaller camper that the WDH came off of and wondering if I need to upgrade to a better hitch with a better sway control system. When towing the new camper home it did seem to wobble somewhat, but only pulled it like 5 miles on the highway. Also considering adding a sway bar - recommendations? Ranger tires are Hancook Dynapro ATM (51 max psi) - I had them at 45 psi when towing. I've also attached a spreadsheet containing the weights of the Ranger and camper. Comments please!!!
Ranger and TT.jpg
IMG_2729.jpg
Worksheet.JPG
I have a 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab like yours. I purchase a 2021 Lance Model 1995. It is 24' tip to tail with a GVWR of 6200lbs. The payload cap on my Ranger is just over 1400lb. I use an EAZ Lift R6 Recurve 800 as my WDH and Sway Control. I have my total tongue weight @700lbs ( this includes the 100lbs of WDH), and have towed in heavy winds without an issue. I also put about 45-48lbs of air in my tires (same as yours), and about a 1/2 tank of freshwater (tank in front) for help with the tongue weight

HAMMERTIME

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, Hawk Topper
Occupation
Retired
I run my Bridgestone Duelers up at 40 PSI cold for towing. Road handling has improved a lot.
Trailer is 21 ft long, wet at 6500 lbs and WDH is Husky with friction sway and 600-800 lb bars.
My next change is moving away from OEM shocks.
I've pulled my trailer about 6000 miles this year and no issues other than the peanut sized gas tank.
Truck & Trailer.jpg
Sponsored