Vehicle Showcase

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
I'm thinking about buying the mustang style headlights and swapping the RHD bi-xenon projectors for LHD projectors. I just have to make sure the knockoffs will bolt on to the NA Ranger.

PandaMotorworks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2017 Titan 2008 Ford Focus 2014 Ford Fiesta ST
Our R&D Truck Goes to DIODE DYNAMICS tomorrow for LED upgrades. They will confirm fitment and bring their SL1 to the table which are DOT approved and made right here in ST. Louis MO

I will keep you all updated!

OP
OP
LightningBlue

LightningBlue

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XLT FX4/ 2023 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Our R&D Truck Goes to DIODE DYNAMICS tomorrow for LED upgrades. They will confirm fitment and bring their SL1 to the table which are DOT approved and made right here in ST. Louis MO

I will keep you all updated!
Please do! I can’t wait for a decent set of LED lights

PandaMotorworks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2017 Titan 2008 Ford Focus 2014 Ford Fiesta ST
We will see what they come up with!

52872282_338010366818471_4626600129153990656_n.jpg

Shadyant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302A w/Sport Package. Black on Black & 2018 Explorer Sport, Tech pkg, twin panel roof. Black on Black
Occupation
Ops Manager, Tech
I looked around a lot and landed on some from Amazon 6000 lumens each for 12k lumen total. Color temp is 6500K so they are on the bluer side but not the deep blue that starts to degrade the purpose of a headlight. They were $50 each since you need two sets of H11 (low beam and fog are both H11) I neglected to buy the HB3 set for the high beam as I figured I don't use the high beams enough to warranty another $50 bucks BUT with the auto high beams they come on a lot lol and they look off as they don't match... I've ordered the HB3 set now.

Brand was Nineo II (2nd gen) they have a heat sync and fan built in and are IP65 rated. They are adjustable in terms of you being able to rotate the bulb in its housing to change the orientation of the beam. I didn't have to do that...how they came looked fine to me.

So far I've been extremely happy.

IMG_9840.JPG
IMG_9839.JPG

zrd

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I looked around a lot and landed on some from Amazon 6000 lumens each for 12k lumen total. Color temp is 6500K so they are on the bluer side but not the deep blue that starts to degrade the purpose of a headlight. They were $50 each since you need two sets of H11 (low beam and fog are both H11) I neglected to buy the HB3 set for the high beam as I figured I don't use the high beams enough to warranty another $50 bucks BUT with the auto high beams they come on a lot lol and they look off as they don't match... I've ordered the HB3 set now.

Brand was Nineo II (2nd gen) they have a heat sync and fan built in and are IP65 rated. They are adjustable in terms of you being able to rotate the bulb in its housing to change the orientation of the beam. I didn't have to do that...how they came looked fine to me.

So far I've been extremely happy.

IMG_9840.JPG
IMG_9839.JPG
How were you able to fit them?
I just had a failure this morning trying to install those very same.
The leds hit against the inner tip reflector.
They even left some debris inside the reflector when I was trying to make then fit.
Also, How did you fit everything inside the dust cover? Or did you thread the cable through the grommet.
Attached a picture of my failure evidence...
Also a picture of OEM vs the top rated Nineo II.
You can see when they arre side by side measuring from the locking teeth, the led is in the same position as the filament, wich is very good, but then when the H11 ends in a rounded hershey tip, the Nineo Led ends in a rectangle and is wider.
Thr rubber ring is thicker in the nineo. I was hesitant to push it harder to try to lock it in place.

20190601_081152.jpg

20190601_090018.jpg

Last edited:

Shadyant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 302A w/Sport Package. Black on Black & 2018 Explorer Sport, Tech pkg, twin panel roof. Black on Black
Occupation
Ops Manager, Tech
How were you able to fit them?
I just had a failure this morning trying to install those very same.
The leds hit against the inner tip reflector.
They even left some debris inside the reflector when I was trying to make then fit.
Also, How did you fit everything inside the dust cover? Or did you thread the cable through the grommet.
Attached a picture of my failure evidence...
Also a picture of OEM vs the top rated Nineo II.
You can see when they arre side by side measuring from the locking teeth, the led is in the same position as the filament, wich is very good, but then when the H11 ends in a rounded hershey tip, the Nineo Led ends in a rectangle and is wider.
Thr rubber ring is thicker in the nineo. I was hesitant to push it harder to try to lock it in place.

20190601_081152.jpg

20190601_090018.jpg
Hi ZRD
Sorry to hear about the initial failure man!
I had no issues getting mine to fit in terms of the locking mechanism. The rubber being thicker did make me have to push harder to get them 3 pins to catch though for sure.
As for the inner reflector, mine didn’t hit that. Strange that yours are.
One suggestion...these Nineo II lights are adjustable in that they should have come with a very small Allen key wrench. This wrench is to allow you to rotate the LED housing into a different orientation from how it was sent out.
This is not always needed but is basically how you adjust the beam pattern (if needed)
Perhaps mine came in an orientation that just happened to fit and not scrape the inner reflector and yours need to be rotated.
I looked at how mine look installed.
As you look at the LEDs that are on the left and right sides...meaning the black part of the LED is straight vertical...
on my driver side the top of my LED is at like 2 o’clock

My driver side being opposite where the top is at 10 o’clock

Yes, all the wiring (which is basically the resistor pack built in to these LEDS) was able to be carefully packed into the dust cover which took some finagling BUT I was NOT able to get the gray caps back on. The LEDs just stick too far out compared to factory.
I’m not sure any LED will fit and allow the gray cap to go back on completely.

Last edited:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Nolan Johnson

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I'm thinking about buying the mustang style headlights and swapping the RHD bi-xenon projectors for LHD projectors. I just have to make sure the knockoffs will bolt on to the NA Ranger.
Ever Get around to doing this?