Hankook Dynapro ATM tires

Steve_

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
I bought a '22 Ranger Lariat FX4 about a month ago with the original Hankook tires. The tires have 42K km (26K mi) They don't "feel" like great tires, especially off road and in snow (I'll get proper winter tires next year). Do they appear to be wearing a normal rate? It seems like they're OK in the middle but around the sides they look to me like they're wearing quickly.

If I decide to replace them, any suggestions for a capable off road tire? I want to be able to pull my trailer down logging roads that can be a bit sketchy.

tempImageG4n6Qf.png

tempImagegyCa8c.png

tempImage0CgW8u.png
Sponsored

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Those look pretty good to me. My Hankooks were way more worn on the edges than that at 32k miles. Also, they had much less tread than those.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
I bought a '22 Ranger Lariat FX4 about a month ago with the original Hankook tires. The tires have 42K km (26K mi) They don't "feel" like great tires, especially off road and in snow (I'll get proper winter tires next year). Do they appear to be wearing a normal rate? It seems like they're OK in the middle but around the sides they look to me like they're wearing quickly.

If I decide to replace them, any suggestions for a capable off road tire? I want to be able to pull my trailer down logging roads that can be a bit sketchy.
What pressure are you running?

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
Those look normal. As you mentioned these are more on the comfort side of things. More looks than ability. Alot of good options in the OEM size or even a bit taller 265/70/17 vs 65.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer

tempImageG4n6Qf.png

tempImagegyCa8c.png

tempImage0CgW8u.png
Those have worn much better than mine, which have about 25k miles on them. I am replacing mine soon. I'll go with Wildpeak AT4W or Cooper Road and Trail, still debating.

As stated, they are soft tires, for a comfortable ride (and low MPG, kms/100). Most any other A/T tire is an upgrade.

Potlickr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Ironworker
I had Cooper Rugged Treks for a summer. They were a great off road tire. Better than t co he average AT in mud… but they didn’t wear very well and ended up pretty choppy.

These trucks wear tires out on the inside on the front tires even with a perfect alignment.

They checked my alignment at the shop I bought the coopers at and I got a new set of Cooper AT3 LT’s.

my dad has a Ranger and he just went through the same thing with an in spec alignment.

Reactions: EJH

tm1506

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Outback XT
Occupation
Retired
My Dynapro LT"s have a little over 17k on them and I'm not sure if they'll ever wear out. They came with the truck and I don't tow so I'm leaning towards replacing them with something that will give a softer ride. Life's too short to not get what you want!
IMG_4281.jpg

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Those tires have plenty of tread, but are wearing on the outside, so they are under-inflated. What does the door jamb say the air pressure should be?

Potlickr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Ironworker
All rangers are 30 PSI….

He said he’s running 33…

those Dynapro’s are not as deep on the outside as they are in the middle.. so when the tires wear down a bit they appear to have less tread than the middle which they actually do…

They do this for stabilization of the outer tread blocks to prevent abnormal wear because of cornering. This is why almost every factory truck tires has a solid outer tread rib. Like the Bridgstone Dueler that comes on other Rangers.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
I had Cooper Rugged Treks for a summer. They were a great off road tire. Better than t co he average AT in mud… but they didn’t wear very well and ended up pretty choppy.

These trucks wear tires out on the inside on the front tires even with a perfect alignment.

They checked my alignment at the shop I bought the coopers at and I got a new set of Cooper AT3 LT’s.

my dad has a Ranger and he just went through the same thing with an in spec alignment.
I have noticed the same with regard to front inner tire wear.

moorejl57

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4, 501A, fully damped
Occupation
Engineer
All rangers are 30 PSI….

He said he’s running 33…
Mine came with LT265/65 R17 and the door sticker says to run them at 38 psi, which I do. I am actually pretty happy with them. I get good mileage, they are not too noisy, they work well in the snow and are wearing evenly.

Potlickr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Ironworker
Mine came with LT265/65 R17 and the door sticker says to run them at 38 psi, which I do. I am actually pretty happy with them. I get good mileage, they are not too noisy, they work well in the snow and are wearing evenly.
Which model do you have?

Potlickr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Ironworker
I meant your truck.
You must have the Tremor package.
Sponsored