Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
pretty sure only FX4 come with the Hankooks
I think they are usually only on the FX4 although my 2019 Lariat came with the '18" Wheels with magnetic pockets' and has the Hankooks on them:

1598902355754.png

They seem decent. Once up to speed they're quiet and smooth. Little but of rumble when going slowly on pavement.

Not a big fan of the rim styling, though. Would gladly trade them for some of the other options I've seen.
Sponsored

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Yeah, I don't like those rims much either really. A lot of ppl seem to like the colored pockets. I have the PDV like rims i think they are called I really like those where many ppl dont because I guess the chrome look isn't in these days. I'll take my rims and chrome bumpers over the sport packages grey any day although I actually like the base look the best where the bumpers are the same color as the truck.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I think they are usually only on the FX4 although my 2019 Lariat came with the '18" Wheels with magnetic pockets' and has the Hankooks on them:

1598902355754.png

They seem decent. Once up to speed they're quiet and smooth. Little but of rumble when going slowly on pavement.

Not a big fan of the rim styling, though. Would gladly trade them for some of the other options I've seen.
I just replaced the stock Hankook ATM's in 265/60 R18 that came with the Black Appearance Package with Falcon Wildpeaks in the same size. I wanted improved performance and durability, not to mention looks, and so made the switch, even though I had only put c. 9,000 on the Hankooks. To be fair, they really had not given me any problems and seemed to be wearing well.

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
Yeah, I don't like those rims much either really. A lot of ppl seem to like the colored pockets. I have the PDV like rims i think they are called I really like those where many ppl dont because I guess the chrome look isn't in these days. I'll take my rims and chrome bumpers over the sport packages grey any day although I actually like the base look the best where the bumpers are the same color as the truck.
My issue with the rims is that they don't really match the truck imo. I like the base rims I've seen which are painted magnetic with some shape to them, rather than this flat machined aluminum look.

For example, I'd love these:
1598904814948.png

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab Saber FX4
Occupation
Engineer
My issue with the rims is that they don't really match the truck imo. I like the base rims I've seen which are painted magnetic with some shape to them, rather than this flat machined aluminum look.

For example, I'd love these:
1598904814948.png
Those are the ones we have and we like them as well. Our truck is a Saber XLT FX4, and for some reason the Saber color required the Sport package at the time, so I'm not sure if they were part of the Sport package or the FX4 package.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department

1598902355754.png

My 2020 Lariat S/Cab with the FX-2 package has Hankook Dynapro ATM's , 265/60 R18, they are OK, but it's too early to tell, they've only got 280 miles on them. As you can see, I'm old school with the chrome...

Vg3fADkWTMWsJlrRQ3MMmw.jpg

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
My 2020 Lariat S/Cab with the FX-2 package has Hankook Dynapro ATM's , 265/60 R18, they are OK, but it's too early to tell, they've only got 280 miles on them. As you can see, I'm old school with the chrome...

Vg3fADkWTMWsJlrRQ3MMmw.jpg
that's what i have i love those rims. mine has almost 15,000 miles and the tires are slightly worn. I think they will last a really long time they seem to be a pretty hard rubber. not good for traction but good for wear rates. However I live in the hell that is tug hill ny where we get massive amounts of snow and I have had good luck with these tires. nothing like a snow tire with really good cyping but they aint bad either.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I love the wheel and tires that come with all my vehicles dammit (not)! :LOL:

Well, except these (for those that are older than 45, you'll know these bad boys and the grief they caused with one glance)

18335f0151f39f3716e022ddb78b9532.jpg

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I love the wheel and tires that come with all my vehicles dammit (not)! :LOL:

Well, except these (for those that are older than 45, you'll know these bad boys and the grief they caused with one glance)

18335f0151f39f3716e022ddb78b9532.jpg
Those were the wheels for the infamous Michelin TRX tires, right? The ones that only fit on a specific type of wheel?

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Those were the wheels for the infamous Michelin TRX tires, right? The ones that only fit on a specific type of wheel?
I had a set of those on my first new car ever, a '79 Mercury Capri (Fox platform) to replace the original rubber and steel wheels. I bought them for some ridiculously low price from a fellow mechanic when I worked at a Lincoln/Mercury dealership. He also bought a new Capri and wanted larger tires, if memory serves me right I paid $80 for all four, they were practically new.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
The one and only! They used metric sizes instead of the standard imperial wheel size

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The one and only! They used metric sizes instead of the standard imperial wheel size
Absolutely, if I remember correctly the wheel diameter was 390 mm. I never had to replace the tires though, I had bought my first Ford pickup ('81 F150 4x4 Flareside) and sold the Capri.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely, if I remember correctly the wheel diameter was 390 mm. I never had to replace the tires though, I had bought my first Ford pickup ('81 F150 4x4 Flareside) and sold the Capri.
Sorry Jeff, but a '79 Capri isn't a REAL Capri. :LOL: The only REAL Capri is the 69-78 version.....

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sorry Jeff, but a '79 Capri isn't a REAL Capri. :LOL: The only REAL Capri is the 69-78 version.....
LOL! if you say so Rob...but I used to work on those and have never seen a car plagued with more recalls in my life, with the exception of the Vega...
I was considering buying a new '78 Capri II but held out until the "American" Capri was introduced. I found the II's styling masculine (important for a then 25 year old).
The torquey Cologne V6 was one of my favorite Ford engines back then, but for my '79 I opted for a good 'ol 5.0 smallblock, no wimpy 2.3 4 banger for me.
Times have sure changed, I now drive a Ranger with a most "un-wimpy" 2.3 engine.:shock:

HarryD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger 4X4 SuperCrew Magnetic Lariat Sport
Regarding Hankook Dynapro AT-M, I am not sure which size you are looking for, but I just checked on Tirerack’s site, and they have a number of sizes available.
Sponsored