Had both a Gladiator Rubicon and now a Ranger Tremor. My impressions.

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
Just traded in a 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon with 2580 miles on a new 2022 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor.
The reason for trading was to get quite a bit on money back on trade and get better gas mileage.
I decided that if I did any off roading it would be very light trails.
I do not like dents & pinstripes in the paint.

The Jeep stickered for about 57.5K

The Ranger for about 44.5 K

What I liked about the Jeep Gladiator:
Front and rear lockers.
Able to disconnect front sway bar with a switch in the truck.
Falken Wild Peak tires 33 inch
Able to remove the roof (Freedom panels)
Good ride for a Jeep.
Heated steering wheel & seats.
Good interior storage under back seat
Split rear folding rear seat back.
Subwoofer and darn nice stereo.
Extensive aftermarket support.
Hold their value when trading in or selling.

What I like about the Ranger Tremor so far:
Better gas mileage.
Better seats, for my back & bottom anyway.
Electric adjustable seats.
Will do what I need on easy trails if I so desire even w/o the front locker.
Value for the money I believe.

I liked both, however getting the Ranger plus money back, will help me fund a few more things around our home.
I think the Ranger will be all I need in a midsized truck.
Now what to do with the brand new winch, brand new front offroad bumper, Jeep caps & stuff, and all them damn rubber ducks!!!
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You're right Jeeps do hold their value and this crazy used market is great for selling vehicles now. I think you'll enjoy the Ranger just as much if not more and you'll still find a whole bunch of things you'll never knew you needed for it here. lol

You could always sell the Jeep bumper and get a new one for your Ranger that'll hold the winch? Or just list them both on the Jeep forum, Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace. The Jeep stuff and the ducks you could just give to someone while you're out one day, or just leave the whole bag of Swag in the back of another Gladiator. ?

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
I did the same thing.

21 Gladiator for a 21 Tremor.

I drove the Gladiator cross country and on the Transatlantic Trail.

The seats were terrible, the wind noise was horrible, the road manners were poor.

They also should have designed the Gladiator from the ground up, versus a JL front end and Ram rear. The porportions were off, especially offroad. They could have shrunk the front end and shrunk the cabin, that would have given it better offroad manners.

I eventually had mine on a 4.5 Clayton Offroad lift and 37s. I spent $20k in mods on it in 6 months.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
Seems well thought out. As long as you are happy with your choice is all that matters. BTW congrats on the tremor. Good news there is decent aftermarket support for the ranger. Pictures or it did not happen ?
As per your request, Gladiator Pics:
Jeep 1.jpg
Jeep 2.jpg
Jeep 3.jpg
Jeep 4.jpg
IMG_2133.jpg

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
Seems well thought out. As long as you are happy with your choice is all that matters. BTW congrats on the tremor. Good news there is decent aftermarket support for the ranger. Pictures or it did not happen ?
And Ranger Tremor Pics:
IMG_2415.jpg
IMG_2416.jpg
IMG_2417.jpg
IMG_2418.jpg

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
You're right Jeeps do hold their value and this crazy used market is great for selling vehicles now. I think you'll enjoy the Ranger just as much if not more and you'll still find a whole bunch of things you'll never knew you needed for it here. lol

You could always sell the Jeep bumper and get a new one for your Ranger that'll hold the winch? Or just list them both on the Jeep forum, Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace. The Jeep stuff and the ducks you could just give to someone while you're out one day, or just leave the whole bag of Swag in the back of another Gladiator. ?
Tell you what Dave, I have already put some $$$ into the Ranger Tremor already! I think it is because of all the cool things I see others talk about and show on this forum!
The winch is still brand new in the box HF Badlands Apex 12K synthetic rope winch. I actually thing it is too big for any Ranger aftermarket bumper. So that and the Jeep aftermarket bumper are going on FB Marketplace soon! I may just keep the box of ducks and duck a few more cool looking Jeeps! I still like Jeeps and putting a smile on a Jeep owner will still be fun! Heck, I may duck another tricked out Ranger...LOL!!!

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
I did the same thing.

21 Gladiator for a 21 Tremor.

I drove the Gladiator cross country and on the Transatlantic Trail.

The seats were terrible, the wind noise was horrible, the road manners were poor.

They also should have designed the Gladiator from the ground up, versus a JL front end and Ram rear. The porportions were off, especially offroad. They could have shrunk the front end and shrunk the cabin, that would have given it better offroad manners.

I eventually had mine on a 4.5 Clayton Offroad lift and 37s. I spent $20k in mods on it in 6 months.
Wow, that is a lot of money put into the Gladiator you had! Agree on the seats, wind noise, and the steering. Jeeps and their SFA take a little effort to drive straight down the road without extra steering input. The neat thing about them is they are an extremely capable off road rig right out of the dealership showroom.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
Please provide a warning when showing Gladiator pics, I was eating breakfast and now I cant finish it..
Why Adam, I didn't think that you liked Jeep Gladiators so much that you had to abruptly stop eating breakfast and go purchase one to go with your Ranger! You are much too easily influenced.... :LOL:

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Why Adam, I didn't think that you liked Jeep Gladiators so much that you had to abruptly stop eating breakfast and go purchase one to go with your Ranger! You are much too easily influenced.... :LOL:
3B64F238-8E1D-47FA-8EFB-9BEB32AE4FDF.jpeg

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
For what you want to do off road the tremor is gonna rock.

I don’t think sub 35” wheels (37 look even better) on a gladiator look good. The treamor wins hands down on the looks dept X10.

Your gonna miss that 8 speed transmission perfection. The rangers have too many gears at 10. The ZF trans is effortless and miles better than the 10 speed in the Ranger.

The best part is this forum, good group here. We do have a village idiot but I would never block him.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Guy I work with has a Gladiator. He asked me the other day how good was my mileage. Told him around 20 mpg. He shook his head looking down. I asked him what about his and he said it was around 13mpg! ? I said, on trails or highway? He said highway ?
Sponsored