FUMOTO oil drain valve

wickedZ1

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Has anyone done a change since installing? I've never had one of these and have seen people say it takes a long time to drain. If so does pulling the stick and opening top help with the flow, speed?
Sponsored

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
I've had the Fumoto installed on my previous vehicle and, no it doesn't take that much time to drain the old oil; I would pull up the dipstick and remove the oil fill er cap and the filter while draining, with or without a fumoto valve

meistreguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone done a change since installing? I've never had one of these and have seen people say it takes a long time to drain. If so does pulling the stick and opening top help with the flow, speed?
It will take a few moments longer as the orifice the oil has to go through is smaller but the ease and no mess of it makes up for that.

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I'm trying to figure out exactly which drain valve to install, as it appears the F107N has been discontinued. The Futomo website indicates F107SX is the right size, and that it may or may not need the extension. Can anyone confirm if they have installed the F107SX on a 4x4 ranger, and if so, did you need the ADP-137 extension? Their note on the F107SX page is really not clear.

"Your oil pan may have a recessed oil drain port and need an adapter ADP-137 to install a valve. The F107SX can be installed without the adapter. However, if the F107SX can only be pointed down close to the ground, please use the ADP-137 to adjust its orientation."

Elsewhere in this thread someone mentioned that the F107SX is not compatible with the adapter...

Is there an "idiot's guide to install oil pan drain port" on these trucks somewhere?

Thanks!

J Haggerty (RADAR1)

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercrew I4, 2017 Dodge Durango SXT V6, 2004 Dodge Dakota SLT V8
Occupation
Retired USAF Air Traffic Controller
I'm trying to figure out exactly which drain valve to install, as it appears the F107N has been discontinued. The Futomo website indicates F107SX is the right size, and that it may or may not need the extension. Can anyone confirm if they have installed the F107SX on a 4x4 ranger, and if so, did you need the ADP-137 extension? Their note on the F107SX page is really not clear.

Thanks!
I'm wondering the same thing. Looking at the photos of the oil pan it looks like the F107SX would fit, but the wide part would need to be on the lower half.
Saw this description that mentions a little different verbiage regarding clearance "*An adapter may be required if the valve cannot be completely tightened due to contact with the oil pan or if the valve can only be oriented in a straight down position on low clearance vehicles. "
I think it should be tightened enough but I'm surprised there is no gasket between the valve and oil pan with this model, only an O-ring inside the Fumoto adapter.

If anyone gets the F107SX without adapter and it works, please let us know!
I do think I would like that better than the F137S with adapter (although the similar F106S works great on my Durango).

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
If anyone gets the F107SX without adapter and it works, please let us know!
I do think I would like that better than the F137S with adapter (although the similar F106S works great on my Durango).
I went ahead and ordered the F107SX as well as the adapter and drain hose. I'd prefer to install it without the adapter, I think, but I'd rather have the adapter and not need it than wish I'd ordered it.

My truck only has 1700 miles on it so far, so I'm still a little ways out from my first oil change. I'm planning to do the first one around 2500, then again at 5000, then probably every 5000 thereafter.

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
For anyone who is interested in installing a Fumoto drain valve, but confused about exactly which valve to order, whether you need the extension piece: I installed one yesterday during my first oil change, and I'm really happy with how it turned out.

First, the exact parts to order from Fumoto:
Drain Valve Model F107SX
Extension Adapter ADP-137

I also ordered the hose kit with nipples, which will make it so I don't have to remove the FX4 skid plate when doing an oil change.

The installation was easy. Be careful to follow the instructions NOT to put either the extension or the drain valve on too tightly. Snug it down, then an extra 1/4 turn is what Fumoto recommends. That is how I did mine, and there are no leaks so far. The extension came with a paper gasket that seems to be just fine. The drain valve has an integrated rubber ring gasket that also appears to seal well.

Here are some pictures of the finished install, both with and without the skid plate installed so you can see how to access it:

IMG_3572 copy.jpg

IMG_3573 copy.jpg

IMG_3580 copy.jpg

IMG_3584 copy.jpg

IMG_3586 copy.jpg

IMG_3591 copy.jpg

IMG_3587 copy.jpg

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
For anyone who is interested in installing a Fumoto drain valve, but confused about exactly which valve to order, whether you need the extension piece: I installed one yesterday during my first oil change, and I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Drain Valve Model F107SX

I also ordered the hose kit with nipples, which will make it so I don't have to remove the FX4 skid plate when doing an oil change.

The installation was easy. Be careful to follow the instructions NOT to put either the extension or the drain valve on too tightly. Snug it down, then an extra 1/4 turn is what Fumoto recommends. That is how I did mine, and there are no leaks so far. The extension came with a paper gasket that seems to be just fine. The drain valve has an integrated rubber ring gasket that also appears to seal well.

Here are some pictures of the finished install, both with and without the skid plate installed so you can see how to access it:

IMG_3572 copy.jpg

IMG_3573 copy.jpg

IMG_3580 copy.jpg

IMG_3584 copy.jpg

IMG_3586 copy.jpg

IMG_3591 copy.jpg

IMG_3587 copy.jpg
You sir, are a saint! Thanks you for the part numbers and pics. Very helpful! ?

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer

Drain Valve Model F107SX

IMG_3572 copy.jpg

IMG_3573 copy.jpg

IMG_3580 copy.jpg

IMG_3584 copy.jpg

IMG_3586 copy.jpg

IMG_3591 copy.jpg

IMG_3587 copy.jpg
Nice write-up with great pics. Thanks !

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
I ran one on the Xterra many years ago. Made things easy but because it poked straight down, there was always that "what if" feeling when you were out wheeling it. One day I was short on time and took it to Iffy-Lube. Came back and went to check their work and it was GONE. Went back to Iffy-Lube and they said they didn't know what it was for so they replaced it and CHARGED me (albeit not much) for a new plug and crush washer. After that I just never put one on again and I never went back to Iffy-Lube.

J Haggerty (RADAR1)

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercrew I4, 2017 Dodge Durango SXT V6, 2004 Dodge Dakota SLT V8
Occupation
Retired USAF Air Traffic Controller

Drain Valve Model F107SX

Thanks for the great write up and photos.
It almost looks like the F107SX could work even without the adapter in the orientation that you set it. Did you check to see if it would mate up without the adapter?
I have a Fumoto on my Dodge and love it.

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Please confirm the extension is adp 107 and not adp 137.
Please and thank you
I definitely installed the ADP 137, as I mentioned in my writeup. Here is a screenshot of my invoice:

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 10.28.13 AM.png

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Thanks for the great write up and photos.
It almost looks like the F107SX could work even without the adapter in the orientation that you set it. Did you check to see if it would mate up without the adapter?
I have a Fumoto on my Dodge and love it.
I did not check. It *might* work, but the corners of the square body of the drain valve may actually *just barely* interfere with the fitment. I think if you wanted to install the drain valve pointing straight down it would likely fit ok without the adapter, but I wanted it pointing towards the rear of the truck on purpose so I could more easily reach up and past the skid plate to connect the hose when changing the oil.

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
I definitely installed the ADP 137, as I mentioned in my writeup. Here is a screenshot of my invoice:

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 10.28.13 AM.png
Okay thanks. I see the 107sx and adp 107 sold as a matching kit. That's why I asked before I ordered the kit. OK, I'll locate a retailer and order separately. Good price you got from someone. Thanks again.
Sponsored