Front bumpers: Westin Pro-Mod vs ARB Summit

tpham23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Looking to replace the front bumper. I've narrowed it down to the Westin Pro-Mod or the ARB bumper. Leaning towards the ARB since I'm looking for more protection from animals on the road and I also have adaptive cruise control. Relocation brackets seems like a pain and the ARB comes with a spot for it already. Also the pro mod doesn't look as strong as the ARB.(maybe that's why the huge difference in price?)

Any one have one of these bumpers and can help a ranger brother out?

Or any other comparable bumpers I should look into?
Sponsored

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Pics?

OP
OP
tpham23

tpham23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
1605970593455.png

The ARB summit

1605970668648.png

Westin pro mod

They both are pretty different

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
My ProMod,and I’m happy with it.
‘It does have the brackets and provisions for front sensors,my truck does not have the fancy parts being an XL.
C8B4EAF1-C068-4B66-B39B-D8F72934A74D.jpeg
B0844273-2FB3-4DA3-878E-16B9A46B0F05.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
tpham23

tpham23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
My ProMod,and I’m happy with it.
‘It does have the brackets and provisions for front sensors,my truck does not have the fancy parts being an XLT.
C8B4EAF1-C068-4B66-B39B-D8F72934A74D.jpeg
B0844273-2FB3-4DA3-878E-16B9A46B0F05.jpeg
Your truck looks awesome. I really love the look of the pro mod over ARB and the price is good too. How's the protection? Does it feel pretty solid being 3 different pieces and all?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
If it was be I would go with ARB. Why you might ask? Simple, you get protection for the entire front. If you go with westin or others that are similar you only protect what is being protected by the factory so there isn't a real difference. That is my opinion on this and yes I will be installing the ARB bumper up front in the future when money is no longer an object.

OP
OP
tpham23

tpham23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
If it was be I would go with ARB. Why you might ask? Simple, you get protection for the entire front. If you go with westin or others that are similar you only protect what is being protected by the factory so there isn't a real difference. That is my opinion on this and yes I will be installing the ARB bumper up front in the future when money is no longer an object.
I think the westin would provide more protection then factory cause it's made out of steel and it looks like it also sticks out about 5 inches or so. With that being said, I agree the ARB bumper provides way more protection. Which seems more important to me then the looks. The westin does look way more bad ass in my opinion lol.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think the westin would provide more protection then factory cause it's made out of steel and it looks like it also sticks out about 5 inches or so. With that being said, I agree the ARB bumper provides way more protection. Which seems more important to me then the looks. The westin does look way more bad ass in my opinion lol.
It might provide more protection on the underbody but not by much when you think about it. When you have a deer come up and in front of you because it decided to be a dick yet chances are it's going to do more damage to the vehicle above the bumper versus just below. If you're going to do it you would be best to go with the ARB Summit. To me going with the Westin or something else is kind of a waste of money because even though you do increase protection in a small area it's not practical enough for me and others were I would rather spend money I'm something else but is a bit more practical.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Your truck looks awesome. I really love the look of the pro mod over ARB and the price is good too. How's the protection? Does it feel pretty solid being 3 different pieces and all?
The Westin piece is stout,despite what frenchy the arb sales rep says.
I went with it due to having the front corners cut upwards for crawling on the Arizona rocks,it allows you to place a tire on the rocks without bashing the bumper.

Time will tell how it holds up,it is 10 gauge steel,and although being 3 pieces uses large hardware to bolt it together. 19mm head,and 21mm nuts

OP
OP
tpham23

tpham23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
The Westin piece is stout,despite what frenchy the arb sales rep says.
I went with it due to having the front corners cut upwards for crawling on the Arizona rocks,it allows you to place a tire on the rocks without bashing the bumper.

Time will tell how it holds up,it is 10 gauge steel,and although being 3 pieces uses large hardware to bolt it together. 19mm head,and 21mm nuts
Thanks for the info man. Glad to hear its solid and provides some protection. It really does look great. Seems to me its main purpose is to improve clearance angle vs protecting against dumbass animals.

OP
OP
tpham23

tpham23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
It might provide more protection on the underbody but not by much when you think about it. When you have a deer come up and in front of you because it decided to be a dick yet chances are it's going to do more damage to the vehicle above the bumper versus just below. If you're going to do it you would be best to go with the ARB Summit. To me going with the Westin or something else is kind of a waste of money because even though you do increase protection in a small area it's not practical enough for me and others were I would rather spend money I'm something else but is a bit more practical.
Gotta hate them dickhead deers. I'm definitely leaning towards getting the ARB. Just wanna do the proper research before throwing out 1800 plus installation fees cause I dont trust myself putting on a bumper lol

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Thanks for the info man. Glad to hear its solid and provides some protection. It really does look great. Seems to me its main purpose is to improve clearance angle vs protecting against dumbass animals.
That a reasonable assumption,as it definitely ain’t no Roo bar lol

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This the third ARB bar I’ve run on my fourby’s. I’ve got the side rails, too. Nothing ARB ever disappoints.

34F111B7-115B-4CFA-BB92-B51607414362.jpeg

2D702313-C222-4668-A8CC-A99D36638A6B.jpeg

2C3C9D91-11EB-43F6-A081-647D567B7B25.jpeg

009D3F41-42C6-41CE-B0E6-80F6E6786565.jpeg
I like it!!! I plan to get the side steps with the side bars!! Cant beat extra protection!!