Fox 2.0 suspension kit?

RangerMags

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Hey everyone, just got a 2020 Ranger Lariat with FX4. I love the truck. I plan to do some light off roading and over-landing but nothing crazy. Originally I was just going to level it so the front wasn’t so much lower. I also knew I wanted to upgrade the suspension at some point which brings me to this topic, should I just go ahead and do a 2.0 suspension kit? I was looking at the Roush by Fox 2.0 suspension kit which will lift the front 2in to level it out while upgrading the suspension. If I did this would I need to change any other suspension related hardware? I’m new to all of this, never had a truck before but it’s been my dream for a while. Appreciate any advice.

41231CA3-8EC3-4048-A1F2-F1E5FEAA01F8.png
Sponsored

Count Desmondo

First Name
Desmondo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Supercab
Basically as far as I know, can't go wrong with the fox 2.0 kit for leveling. If you are going to be adding more weight full time in the bed of the truck, then different leaf springs or a rear spacer might be desired to maintain the leveled look.

OP
OP
RangerMags

RangerMags

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Basically as far as I know, can't go wrong with the fox 2.0 kit for leveling. If you are going to be adding more weight full time in the bed of the truck, then different leaf springs or a rear spacer might be desired to maintain the leveled look.
Appreciate it. Do you know if this set up would allow for me to go slightly bigger on the tires?

Count Desmondo

First Name
Desmondo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Supercab

Chattownranger

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanic
You will be able to run a larger tire with the Fox kit. I ran a 275/65R18 on the factory 18" wheels with a 1.5" spacer until recently when I switched to a 16" wheel and slightly taller tire (285/75R16). With these sizes I removed my front intrusion bars but left the rears alone. Also, the ride will be much more controlled and improved from you factory FX4 suspension which is what I also had on my truck in stock form. Congrats on the new truck! I absolutely love mine. Bought new in 2020 and have put 35K miles on now and still enjoy driving it every time.

mr.wonderful

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Software Developer
Full disclosure, I have nothing against the Fox setup, in fact I was looking at it for a while as well, but their are other options that I would recommend checking out and making an informed decision before pulling the trigger

The Fox 2.0 Suspension is not a bad choice. Icon has a comparable coilover option as well, and even Eibach has their Pro-Truck kit coming it right around $1000. My friend has an Icon setup on his Tacoma, but he's doing a lot more bombing down Forest Service roads than slower paced trails and overlanding. I know some folks around here have both the Fox and Eibach setups, and really like them both as well

That said, something important to remember about Coilovers, is they do require a periodic rebuild. I can't remember what Fox rates, Icon says 50k for all on-road, then it goes to I think 20k for a mix of On and Off road, and I don't believe Eibach has published numbers.

If you are turned off by that statement, and some people are, another option would be leveling struts, such as the Bilstein 5100s or 6112s. They use a snap ring to set height, so you want to make sure you have your ideal height set when you install them, else you will be dismantling the strut/spring assembly to adjust it. The reason for this, is they require removal of the strut assembly from the front of the truck, and then using a compressor to dismantle and reassemble with the new strut. The 6112s are high on my list as their overall bore is larger than the 5100s (I believe the 6112s are comparable in bore to a Fox 2.5) and thus have a larger/slightly stiffer spring with them as well
Sponsored