Forum member with highest G5 miles.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
at that mileage id spring for a new set of rotors and pads on my own dime have them install .
At that mileage, Iā€™m literally still under bumper to bumper warranty, and the pads and rotors have less than 10k on them because they changed them on visit number 5 after I refused to let them turn the originals a 3rd time and the brake pads were ā€œcontaminated with gear lube from the leaking axleā€

even the new rotors have been turned once though because laziness.

brand new trucks should not need out of pocket maintenance other than oil, and brakes should be lasting 60k.

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
At that mileage, Iā€™m literally still under bumper to bumper warranty, and the pads and rotors have less than 10k on them because they changed them on visit number 5 after I refused to let them turn the originals a 3rd time and the brake pads were ā€œcontaminated with gear lube from the leaking axleā€

even the new rotors have been turned once though because laziness.

brand new trucks should not need out of pocket maintenance other than oil, and brakes should be lasting 60k.
You said they are cutting g them every 500 / 1 k miles . So either they are warping from being thin or they are giving new ones you failed to mention! Iā€™m trying to help not see you hurt. I understand itā€™s under warranty! But they arenā€™t going to buy back and your truck is gonna be your problem real soon with the mileage your putting g on it !!

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
You said they are cutting g them every 500 / 1 k miles . So either they are warping from being thin or they are giving new ones you failed to mention! Iā€™m trying to help not see you hurt. I understand itā€™s under warranty! But they arenā€™t going to buy back and your truck is gonna be your problem real soon with the mileage your putting g on it !!
Understood. I was able to get them to replace them once, after that, they just cut them. I know about brake rotors, and they are .997 thick when new, so being too thin isnā€™t the root cause.

They are going to have to by law buy it back since they have tried and failed to fix a major safety item (brakes). I have the lawyers dealing with it now, but corona messed me up on timing.

I think thereā€™s a bent caliper or caliper bracket, so in the unlikely event it becomes my problem, Iā€™ll be buying those first.

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
I picked up my Lariat 04/2019, and I now have 19,000 miles on it. There were several long-distance trips the first year.

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
Understood. I was able to get them to replace them once, after that, they just cut them. I know about brake rotors, and they are .997 thick when new, so being too thin isnā€™t the root cause.

They are going to have to by law buy it back since they have tried and failed to fix a major safety item (brakes). I have the lawyers dealing with it now, but corona messed me up on timing.

I think thereā€™s a bent caliper or caliper bracket, so in the unlikely event it becomes my problem, Iā€™ll be buying those first.
I would love to see you win and get a buy back as nothing worse than spending hard earned money and have it not be right!!

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
back when I lived on Oahu i took the bus everywhere. it's the best bus system in the world. you can do a loop around the island on 3 buses IIRC and 1 out to Waianae. those were good times. Spent a lot time camped on the beach and on top of the mountains. It's very peaceful when you can get away from people but traffic in the city is horrible

OP
OP
aeroshots

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
back when I lived on Oahu i took the bus everywhere. it's the best bus system in the world. you can do a loop around the island on 3 buses IIRC and 1 out to Waianae. those were good times. Spent a lot time camped on the beach and on top of the mountains. It's very peaceful when you can get away from people but traffic in the city is horrible
Yeppers. The mid 70s and 80s for me. $500.00 scooter and .50 cents for the bus. Also managed to find a woman there who still puts up with me. Had an awesome job too.

Screenshot_20191101-080525.png

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Yes, "The Bus" system on Oahu is highly rated, though I would not say it's the best in the World.
When did you live on Oahu? Traffic in the urban areas is also horrendous, though the corona thing has curtailed traffic somewhat, it was not unusual to spend 1 to 1 1/2 hours in morning traffic from Ewa Beach to downtown Honolulu, add another half hour if coming from Makaha, Waianae or Nanakuli.
Ditto for the central part of Oahu (Wahiawa-Mililani), would you believe there are 3,500 new homes planned for the Waipio area?
The commute from the windward side is not a bad as it used to be now with H3 open.
As of 2018 there were 906,000 registered vehicles and trailers on Oahu alone but that was 2 years ago.
I use my beater '02 Honda CR-V for most errands around town.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Yes, "The Bus" system on Oahu is highly rated, though I would not say it's the best in the World.
When did you live on Oahu? Traffic in the urban areas is also horrendous, though the corona thing has curtailed traffic somewhat, it was not unusual to spend 1 to 1 1/2 hours in morning traffic from Ewa Beach to downtown Honolulu, add another half hour if coming from Makaha, Waianae or Nanakuli.
Ditto for the central part of Oahu (Wahiawa-Mililani), would you believe there are 3,500 new homes planned for the Waipio area?
The commute from the windward side is not a bad as it used to be now with H3 open.
As of 2018 there were 906,000 registered vehicles and trailers on Oahu alone but that was 2 years ago.
I use my beater '02 Honda CR-V for most errands around town.
I lived Oahu 2004-2006. first in Waianae then moved to Piikoi and King. My wife's family is still out there and they say it is not what it was 15 years ago. I remember new towers going up every other block around Waikiki. It was too crowded for me and we moved over to Maui and that island has lost its way. we talk about maybe moving Kauai where she grew up but her brother says it's turning over there too. It's sad what its become on the islands. I don't really want to stay in Ohio for ever but I can't trade my house and land for a studio with a toilet just because of the view.

What's the price of gas now? when I left it was over $5

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I lived Oahu 2004-2006. first in Waianae then moved to Piikoi and King. My wife's family is still out there and they say it is not what it was 15 years ago. I remember new towers going up every other block around Waikiki. It was too crowded for me and we moved over to Maui and that island has lost its way. we talk about maybe moving Kauai where she grew up but her brother says it's turning over there too. It's sad what its become on the islands. I don't really want to stay in Ohio for ever but I can't trade my house and land for a studio with a toilet just because of the view.

What's the price of gas now? when I left it was over $5
When I retired from HFD almost 2 years ago I was a fire inspector primarily assigned to the Waikiki/Ala Moana area and yes, construction was booming, matter of fact , it still is.
Waikiki proper is expanding into the Ala Moana/Kakaako districts at such an alarming rate that the State officials are on a take from the developers, seriously. The islands infrastructure is way overtaxed already, this includes the city's antiquated sewer system, dwindling fresh water supply and road system.
I get a chuckle when I hear radio ads for condos which state "prices start at an affordable one million"... my first name is Jeff, but my last is definitely not Bezos!

Last time I refueled 87 octane gas was $3.25 a gallon

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
My Ranger has sat for a lot of days, especially recently. I have had some long trips, but I think my miles/kilometers per day might be one of the lower ones.

I have owned my Ranger for 142 days and have 2982 miles / 4799 Kms on my Ranger, for an average of 21 miles per day or 33.8 kms per day.

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
On month 14 with the ranger and at 30,500 miles. Only real issue is the float in the gas tank throws a check engine every time I fill up.

E Monty

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Ranger XLT/ā€˜03 Excursion
Occupation
Sheet Metal Worker
I average 1k/week and have had the truck 2 months. Hate watching the miles pile up but thatā€™s life. I receive a vehicle allowance that pays for the truck, tires, maintenance, fuel etc. I pay about $80/month for use of my truck. So that lessens the high miles.

Hardy12000

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL STX 4x4 (Iconic Silver)
6 months, 6600 miles and no problems.

Some pretty agressive snow build up started making alot of noise and made me think there was a problem, but there wasn't.
Sponsored

Last edited: