Forum Flaming

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
came from the SHO and ecoboost forums to here you have not seen drama yet.......... lol

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
There have been sooooo many times I wanted to reply with "Have you tried the search function ?!?!", but I do it for them, and nicely remind them about it. There are only so many times you can read "Has anyone tried this: tune, fender flares, lights, oil, seat covers, tires, wheels, offset, RTT, etc"......one of these days, I'm gonna lose it and :explode:
I am also guilty of the damper comments, but it's worth a chuckle or 2 :LOL:

grizzly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like here recently there is a lot of flaming and BS going on in a lot of threads. I'm not talking about threads going off topic but more actual flaming, name calling, insults, etc. Stuff that would get your teeth knocked out at a bar. I'm finding myself on here less just because it's frustrating and irritating to have to sift through pages of stupid arguments to find actual useful information. A lot of it seems to come from the same members too. Even after reporting posts nothing seems to change. I'm on multiple forums and this one seems to be the most hostile with is rather unfortunate. I guess this is more venting/ranting than anything.
I think it's just you.

CHS

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ruby) 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
retired
This forum about sums up my Social media other than Youtube.
I dont have:

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Tik COK
Linkedin
Snapchat
WhatsApp
WeChat
QQ
Reddit
Pinterest
Douyin
Telegram
Sina Weibo
Yourmomsnumber
Yourdadsnumber
Ditto, I ended Facebook almost a year ago. Never had the others, well except for Twitter, for only less than a week. Now that's a place where people are rude to say the least.
That said, you should all watch the documentary on Netflix, "The Social Dilemma" That will get you off all the Social media once you watch that.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
As in social life generally, if I find somebody is being rude, annoying, insulting, etc., I just walk away. Forums are for fun, learning, and sharing, and so I just ignore the negatives (not by putting anyone on "ignore" but just by moving on to the next post). I happen to like the damper jokes, however--ignore me if that bothers you!

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
As in social life generally, if I find somebody is being rude, annoying, insulting, etc., I just walk away. Forums are for fun, learning, and sharing, and so I just ignore the negatives (not by putting anyone on "ignore" but just by moving on to the next post). I happen to like the damper jokes, however--ignore me if that bothers you!
I could have wrote this post myself Marc. There are times I want to say something back when I see a dickhead post, but that only fuels the fire. So, I just move on by. A forum is just a small portion of the real world, and it mirrors it's portion as expected.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've been on MANY different forums and this is one of the best! Not because I'm the Grand Poobah of dampers but because for the most part everyone gets along, is helpful and has fun. Sure there is some arguing once in a while but it's not out of control like other forums. I like that Rob lets us try and work things out ourselves and steps in once things get really out of hand. Sorry but I don't want a forum that's so heavily moderated that it's not fun anymore.

Does the damper subject get out of hand sometimes, yes it does but it's only in good fun. Most (not all) complaining about it haven't been here from the start and don't know how/why it all started. Heck I see more and more noobs start of by saying "Hi I'm so n so and yes I bought a damper" lol That's like putting a drink in front of an alcoholic, it's hard not to run with that. :bandit: The Bronco forum is full of Pineapple Pizza references and even though I think it's stupid and still don't get it I don't go on there complaining for those who have fun with it to stop.

Like anything in life if YOU don't like a certain subject just ignore it and move on to the next one. I don't have anyone on ignore but there are a few on here I don't even bother reading their posts and just skip over them. We're all grown adults here well most of us are ? .

Sorry for the long post, I don't mean to put a damper on anyones day. ?

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
I've been on MANY different forums and this is one of the best! Not because I'm the Grand Poobah of dampers but because for the most part everyone gets along, is helpful and has fun. Sure there is some arguing once in a while but it's not out of control like other forums. I like that Rob lets us try and work things out ourselves and steps in once things get really out of hand. Sorry but I don't want a forum that's so heavily moderated that it's not fun anymore.

Does the damper subject get out of hand sometimes, yes it does but it's only in good fun. Most (not all) complaining about it haven't been here from the start and don't know how/why it all started. Heck I see more and more noobs start of by saying "Hi I'm so n so and yes I bought a damper" lol That's like putting a drink in front of an alcoholic, it's hard not to run with that. :bandit: The Bronco forum is full of Pineapple Pizza references and even though I think it's stupid and still don't get it I don't go on there complaining for those who have fun with it to stop.

Like anything in life if YOU don't like a certain subject just ignore it and move on to the next one. I don't have anyone on ignore but there are a few on here I don't even bother reading their posts and just skip over them. We're all grown adults here well most of us are ? .

Sorry for the long post, I don't mean to put a damper on anyones day. ?
I see what you did there. lol

OP
OP
daniel3507

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
The damper stuff is all light hearted stuff so it's not a big deal to me. Yeah it may get old but it's not negative or down right insulting. It's almost the equivalent of a dad joke on here. It's the personal attacks that I think aren't acceptable and they seem to derail a thread into a pissing match that you have to weed through to get anything useful. I don't want threads locked when answered or censorship, but the highschool style bullying and name calling that needs to be addressed and preferably by addressing the members and not by locking down the forum threads.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
ive wandered into forums searching for info that have the heavy handed moderation.
as soon as it goes off topic, theres a warning.
as soon as the question is answered, the threads locked.
its zero fun to interact, simply because you have no opportunity to.
I've been on several gun forums like that. Once the questions answered it gets locked. Then someone needs to start another thread because they have other questions pertaining to the original one. Now you have 50 different threads talking about the same subject whereas if you just left the original one open you'd have one with 50 posts. :facepalm:

The search bar here isn't the most user friendly so it's easier to type your question into a Google search. Usually the first response comes from Ranger 5G on the topic you're search for.

Last edited: