port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
You guys are really starting to scare the hell out of me...I'm just getting use to maps on the phone!!!
Since I have set up the iPhone shortcuts I haven't had to open the FordPass app which, for the first time in a loooooong time, means my phone battery is not being randomly drained. :)

According to your avatar, you are a lab assistant so you should be all over this experimental type stuff! :clap:
Sponsored

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Since I have set up the iPhone shortcuts I haven't had to open the FordPass app which, for the first time in a loooooong time, means my phone battery is not being randomly drained. :)

According to your avatar, you are a lab assistant so you should be all over this experimental type stuff! :clap:
I'm old...pass the techno revolution. I'm the kind of guy that goes fishing. I'm on the down side of life...the curve that is negative.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
I'm old...pass the techno revolution. I'm the kind of guy that goes fishing. I'm on the down side of life...the curve that is negative.
Nah, you're not old. You're only young once BUT you can be immature forever! I am in my mid 50's, physically feel like late 80's but mentally? I'm fresh out of puberty. It's all a matter of perspective.

ryyck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Nah, you're not old. You're only young once BUT you can be immature forever! I am in my mid 50's, physically feel like late 80's but mentally? I'm fresh out of puberty. It's all a matter of perspective.
LOL...God...I love you guys...I'm near 70, blind as hell, can't hear worth a shit...have kids that treat me as a peer...it's a really hard level to maintain. I try to maintain...but, at times, I know I need help.
That's why I'm here...

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
LOL...God...I love you guys...I'm near 70, blind as hell, can't hear worth a shit...have kids that treat me as a peer...it's a really hard level to maintain. I try to maintain...but, at times, I know I need help.
That's why I'm here...
Wanna have some fun? Ask one of your kids to pull your finger....

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
So the Ford pass App is still broken? had to remove it a few months ago for battery drain.
I have the latest version (according to the app store) and it still starts an arbitrary process that burns through the battery once it connects to my truck.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
I have the latest version (according to the app store) and it still starts an arbitrary process that burns through the battery once it connects to my truck.
Just amazing ? guess its not getting installed back anytime soon. I have to make sure my phone lasts because that's how I control my hearing aids LOL

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Just amazing ? guess its not getting installed back anytime soon. I have to make sure my phone lasts because that's how I control my hearing aids LOL
I was able to duplicate most of the FordPass app functionality with shortcuts so I have no need to start the app again. Fuel level, tire pressures, location, lock, unlock, start, stop... I even made one where Siri tells me how awesome I am just to feel some love.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
So the Ford pass App is still broken? had to remove it a few months ago for battery drain.
It appears so. I noticed my battery draining real quick and phone was always hot. Removed Ford app just now and phone returned to normal.

A0297ED4-BC29-4155-9F81-18AEC9F900E9.png

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Here's one for getting your tire pressure (at least from the last time it communicated with FordPass servers).

You do have to have the three main Ford shortcuts already: "Get token", "FordPass settings", and "Get vehicle status"

RangerAJS

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4, black out package, 302a, technology.
Occupation
Problem Solver
Amazing stuff! I used to use Alexa for this but Siri blows it away! A little more complicated to set up but worth the effort.

Buddybiro

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired
I installed everything in order and it started once. Now every time I get a reply “start command failed” I deleted them all and reinstalled, same thing. I also changed the one shortcut to start my truck instead of car. I installed “is my car running” and it tells me it is not. So I am assuming it is communicating with the truck. It just won’t start it. ANY IDEAS? Thanks in advance.

Buddybiro

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired
I installed everything in order and it started once. Now every time I get a reply “start command failed” I deleted them all and reinstalled, same thing. I also changed the one shortcut to start my truck instead of car. I installed “is my car running” and it tells me it is not. So I am assuming it is communicating with the truck. It just won’t start it. ANY IDEAS? Thanks in advance.
Just re-asking question above
Sponsored