First Name
Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 05 Wrangler, 19 Slingshot, 04 330xi
Occupation
Enthusiast
I had to change it from using “car” to “truck”. Try that.

That shouldn't matter. I changed mine to respond to "abracadabra Mother F$#%". Its probably an api failure. you cant a block to read response exactly as is. That would give you an idea of where/why it's failing.
Sponsored

Jeremywhitson20

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 f250
Occupation
General manager
Some geniuses over on reddit have figured out how to get Siri Shortcuts working with the FordPass app so you can tell Siri to start your truck, stop it, unlock it, lock it, check the fuel, oil etc. Ive installed the shortcuts and tested them all out on my device and they are working perfectly.

If any of you don't know what this does or means, it means you can control your truck by voice and don't need to open the FordPass app to to do any of the above mentioned commands. Something I've been waiting a loooooooong time for that Ford will likely never bring us.

On your phone, you need to go to settings>shortcuts> toggle "allow untrusted shortcuts" on.

Also, I had to change the wording from "Car" to "Truck" on each shortcut because Siri wouldn't run the command using "car"

Link to instructions:
Is there a shortcut for tire pressure tailgate open etc

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Some geniuses over on reddit have figured out how to get Siri Shortcuts working with the FordPass app so you can tell Siri to start your truck, stop it, unlock it, lock it, check the fuel, oil etc. Ive installed the shortcuts and tested them all out on my device and they are working perfectly.

If any of you don't know what this does or means, it means you can control your truck by voice and don't need to open the FordPass app to to do any of the above mentioned commands. Something I've been waiting a loooooooong time for that Ford will likely never bring us.

On your phone, you need to go to settings>shortcuts> toggle "allow untrusted shortcuts" on.

Also, I had to change the wording from "Car" to "Truck" on each shortcut because Siri wouldn't run the command using "car"

Link to instructions:
Bookmarked this one. The BEST part about this is you do not have to be running FordPass once you are all set up so NO MORE iPHONE BATTERY DRAIN!

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Is there a shortcut for tire pressure tailgate open etc
The "Get Vehicle Status" shortcut retrieves status information for your vehicle when it makes the URL call. If you look at that information, you should be able to use it to search for whatever you want.

For instance, the check to see if the vehicle is locked looks for vehiclestatus.lockStatus.value out of that information. You can create a shortcut just like that one but change that string to something else.

For all intents and purposes you could edit the start vehicle to NOT start if there is less than X amount of gas in the vehicle. Or don't start if its Tuesday.

Stevo56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2016 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Occupation
Retired
Bookmarked this one. The BEST part about this is you do not have to be running FordPass once you are all set up so NO MORE iPHONE BATTERY DRAIN!
I received a notification from FordPass today saying Ford and Apple were aware of the battery drain and to upgrade to the latest version. The interface has a newer look. I am new to iPhone so never noticed the drain. Had android before.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
I received a notification from FordPass today saying Ford and Apple were aware of the battery drain and to upgrade to the latest version. The interface has a newer look. I am new to iPhone so never noticed the drain. Had android before.
I received that notice also but when I checked my FordPass version it was the same as what was available on the app store and my battery was still going down. I'm not sure what they were talking about there. Oh well, these shortcuts resolve it because I no longer need the app.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I got the notice yesterday about battery life. Today I can't keep my phone charged to save my life, and for the first time every Fordpass is draining the battery. It's used 68% of my battery today, usually it's almost zero.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
I got the notice yesterday about battery life. Today I can't keep my phone charged to save my life, and for the first time every Fordpass is draining the battery. It's used 68% of my battery today, usually it's almost zero.
It's a bummer when it happens because you have no idea that it is. I went to use my phone once and it was just dead, black screen and wouldn't turn on. Had to plug it in to the charger for 10 minutes before it would even power on. What if it was an emergency and I was out in the sticks?

If you power the phone off and back on it will stop the drain. However, once you start the app again and connect to your vehicle there is a chance it will start that hokie sh*t again.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Is it possible to have a shortcut run after one is completed?

Example: after running "Lock My Car" have that shortcut run "Is My Car Locked?"

or "Start My Car" then run "Is My Car Running?"
Yes. However, you will need to pause the lock shortcut to allow the actual vehicle locking to take place so in the "Lock" shortcut, at the bottom click the "+" and add a "Scripting" action (use the search that comes up and type "scripting") then select "Wait" and set to 5 seconds. Then click the plus again and add the "is it locked" shortcut to the "lock" shortcut.

Last edited:

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
I am a huge geek and I've been doing quite a bit of digging into this stuff since I found this thread last night. You can get lots of info on your vehicle by creating a Shortcut that runs the "Get Vehicle Status" Shortcut first and then parse the output to get what you want.

The attached file is what is output when I run "Get Vehicle Status". It comes out as one stream so I formatted it so it is easier to read. Depending on the options your vehicle has you could have more or less info than what is in mine but this is just an example. The file even has sections in case the truck was a dually.

Each "section" is contained between a matching set of curly braces "{}" so all of the information is contained in the vehiclestatus section and then each information "group" is a subsection of that (like reading an outline). Everything is in key/value pairs so to access a particular piece, you have to use its canonical name. For example: I wanted to know the right rear tire pressure so I ran "Get Vehicle Status" and pulled vehiclestatus.TPMS.outerRightRearTirePressure.value (vehiclestatus section, TPMS subsection, outerRightRearTirePressure subsection and the contents of value). If I wanted to know the charge on the battery it would be vehiclestatus.battery.batteryStatusActual.value

There doesn't appear to be rhyme or reason to the units used - the actual tire pressure is listed in kPa while the amount they list as recommended is in psi. Distance is in kilometers and it looks like fuel is in liters. No big deal because there are conversion methods in Shortcuts to get the output desired.

So far I have only dealt with reading information and I haven't tried pushing anything back yet. I need to find the APIs that Ford uses and see what kind of arguments they take.

I am posting this as a reference in case somebody could use it so be gentle on me, I'm only trying to help.

Attachments

Cybarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 F250
When I ask siri to lock my truck it asks me to run another shortcut then runs that one and asks to run another.
In the shortcut it has this statement.

This shortcut is not allowed to run other shortcuts

Do I need to change this?

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
When I ask siri to lock my truck it asks me to run another shortcut then runs that one and asks to run another.
In the shortcut it has this statement.

This shortcut is not allowed to run other shortcuts

Do I need to change this?
In "Settings -> Shortcuts" do you have "Allow Untrusted Shortcuts" turned on?

Cybarr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 F250
In "Settings -> Shortcuts" do you have "Allow Untrusted Shortcuts" turned on?
Yes everything is setup and working its just when I ask siri to start my truck it then asks if I want to send token, then asks if I want to run command. I was wondering if I needed to change the line in the shortcut to allow this shortcut to run other shortcuts

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Yes everything is setup and working its just when I ask siri to start my truck it then asks if I want to send token, then asks if I want to run command. I was wondering if I needed to change the line in the shortcut to allow this shortcut to run other shortcuts
Yes, when you click the three little dots for the shortcut details, down at the bottom allow it to run "Shortcuts" and "Internet"
Sponsored