First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The pandemic has really hit Ford hard and Ranger sales have taken a beating from it. Also all the built up Bronco orders are now finally taking priority. Something needs to change soon as there are many waiting for the next Gen Ranger and I can't see that rollout going smoothly with all the constraints we still have.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/07/ford-ranger-sales-numbers-figures-results-second-quarter-2022-q2/

Ford Ranger sales decreased 53 percent to 16,201 units in the United States during Q2 2022, placing the midsize truck in fifth place in its segment by sales volume.

The significant, 53 percent decrease in Ranger sales during Q2 2022 can be attributed to decreased production of the Ranger, leading to suboptimal availability of the midsized pickup truck at the dealer level. The pandemic has continued to negatively impact The Blue Oval’s supply chain by delaying critical parts and resources needed for full scale production. This has caused a dwindling in the supply, preventing FoMoCo from manufacturing the Ranger in healthy levels, and causing sales volume to suffer.

In addition, it would also appear that Ford is currently prioritizing production of the Ford Bronco over the Ranger at the Ford Michigan Assembly Plant, where both vehicles are built. As such, we expect Ranger sales to pick back up and reclaim a higher ranking in the segment once:

1. Supply of parts, including but not limited to microchips, improves, and
  2. Ford builds enough Broncos to satisfy pent-up demand, thereby allowing it to rebalance Bronco and Ranger production in a way that’s more favorable to the Ranger
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Demand is high and supply is low. That keeps the value of all of ours mighty high!

But to your point, most likely the reason the fired the plant manager too. Fords stock price is falling because of problems like this

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Demand is high and supply is low. That keeps the value of all of ours mighty high!

But to your point, most likely the reason the fired the plant manager too. Fords stock price is falling because of problems like this
That's why I decided to keep mine as the value is still pretty high and in reality there's nothing else out there I really like. If I bought a new one even a Tremor there's so many deleted items it'll end up costing me more. lol

I'm starting to wonder if the plant manager was a scapegoat to cover for the real mess coming form above?

I know I've been watching their stock for a while now. I think it should be close to bottoming out soon and I want to grab a bunch because once the Blue Oval City gets built I can see it skyrocketing.

RangerVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
I'm glad I was able to get my truck and it was a dealer order from back last year in Nov that didn't come in until June ouch.

When I did the enquiry online back in April to see if it was in stock like their website showed at the time. The dealership contacted me and said it wasn't in stock and then she checked to make sure it wasn't a hold on it already. Told me it wasn't but if it was the trim I wanted she suggested I put $500 down told it. Told her I'm on my way and she went ahead an put a hold on it for me right then. The only option I would've ordered on a cutom would've been the tonneau cover which I'm going to use my fordpass points on,

Couple of coworkers were all surprised I could even find a truck on the lot when I got mine. I was like I been waiting on this since late April.
I can find F150 on lots but Rangers...nope

Interest and inflation going to slow the supply chain down too. Glad I got in when I did on mine

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm glad I was able to get my truck and it was a dealer order from back last year in Nov that didn't come in until June ouch.

When I did the enquiry online back in April to see if it was in stock like their website showed at the time. The dealership contacted me and said it wasn't in stock and then she checked to make sure it wasn't a hold on it already. Told me it wasn't but if it was the trim I wanted she suggested I put $500 down told it. Told her I'm on my way and she went ahead an put a hold on it for me right then. The only option I would've ordered on a cutom would've been the tonneau cover which I'm going to use my fordpass points on,

Couple of coworkers were all surprised I could even find a truck on the lot when I got mine. I was like I been waiting on this since late April.
I can find F150 on lots but Rangers...nope

Interest and inflation going to slow the supply chain down too. Glad I got in when I did on mine
You did get lucky scoring your Ranger when you did. When I drive by our local dealers the lots are practically bare. I can see a few Super Duties and some used stuff but never any Rangers.

I think you might start seeing a little more as I've heard some saying they're not going to take delivery of their order because of the economy and the rising interest rates. I'm sure most dealers will slap a crazy markup on them but I just don't see many paying this now with the higher inflation eating away at most peoples budgets.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I went by a local dealer on Monday and they had 8 F150s with a RAPTOR that had a $50,000 markup ???
That's just crazy Chuck! I remember seeing an F150 Raptor at my local dealer back before covid and it had a $10,000 dealer markup and I thought that was nuts. I'd really love to know if they sell it for that.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
They have a 2016 Shelby GT 350 with 5000 miles marked at $62,495 that’s been there for over a month.
Whats even crazier is these aren't even vehicles that are new and hot right now. I mean at least the Bronco (especially the 2dr hardtop) is still fairly rare and I kind of get why some would pay a slight markup for one. But the F150 Raptor has been out for years and is really nothing all that special.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I wonder if it might help Ranger sales if they spent a little time and money actually ADVERTISING them....perhaps even just half as much as they do on the F150. I still don't see them on TV commercials or in print...or hear about them on the radio. But EVERY Ford commercial touts the F150.
Sponsored