Ford Ranger Gets 3 New Ford Performance Accessory Packages For Off-Roading and Customization

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Ranger Adds Three New Ford Performance Accessory Packages to Deliver Even More Customization, Off-Road Fun

Ranger-Performance-Accessory-Packages.jpg

• Three new available Ford Performance accessory packages are now available for Ranger pickup customers, adding off-road capability and style for their outdoor adventures – including an off-road leveling kit, FOX Shocks, new 17-inch Dyno Gray wheels, Ford Performance graphics on the bed and windshield and more
  • With an expanding portfolio and greater part availability, Ford Accessories is making personalization easier than ever for adventure-seeking truck buyers
  • U.S. Ranger pickup owners added an average of approximately $650 worth of accessories to their new 2019 Rangers last year alone
DEARBORN, Mich., June 30, 2020 – Ford Performance is rolling out three new off-road, adventure-ready accessory packages for Ford Ranger pickup customers who are seeking even greater personalization options and fun-seeking capability with their freedom machines.

“Our goal is to inspire customers by giving them capabilities and styling options from the aftermarket brands they love,” said Eric Cin, global director, Ford Vehicle Personalization. “The three new Ford Performance Packs empower our adventure-loving Ranger customers to explore even further with even more freedom with the added off-roading capability right from the dealership.”

These new dealer-installed packages for 2019 and 2020 four-wheel drive Ranger pickups include three levels of hardware, software and graphics combinations specific to Ranger vehicles. All three packages feature an off-road leveling kit including FOX Shocks with optimized Ford Performance tuning, new 17-inch Dyno Gray wheels and Ford Performance graphics on the bed and windshield.

The Ford Performance Level 1 package includes:
  • Off-Road leveling kit
  • FOX “Tuned by Ford Performance" 2.0 Performance Series internal floating piston monotube front and rear shocks tuned by Ford Performance Engineers to optimize on and off-road performance
  • Ford Performance 17-inch Dyno Gray wheels
  • Ford Performance bedside graphics o Ford Performance windshield banner
  • $2,495 MSRP before installation
The Ford Performance Level 2 package includes Level 1 content plus:
  • Ford Performance engine calibration, which increases horsepower by 16 percent to 315 at 4,500 RPM and increases torque by nearly 20 percent to 370 lb.-ft. at 2,500 RPM
  • BFGoodrich KO2 265/70-17 tires
  • Rigid off-road fog light kit
  • Ford Performance calibration
  • Blue tow hooks
  • Ford Performance stainless steel license plate frame
  • $4,495 MSRP before installation
The Ford Performance Level 3 package includes Levels 1 and 2 content plus:
  • Rigid 40-inch LED lightbar kit
  • Red tow hooks
  • Ford Performance by ARB winch-capable front bumper
  • Ford Performance chase rack
  • 2.3-liter Ford Performance sport exhaust
  • $8,995 MSRP before installation
Ford Performance Level 1 and Level 2 packages for Ranger pickups are available for order in August. The Ford Performance Level 3 package will be available for order next summer. See a Ford dealer or performanceparts.ford.com for details.

Ford’s Growing Customization Options and Business

The Ford Ranger nameplate is positioned to lead Ford’s new accessories product strategy — which will expand even further with the introduction of the all-new Ford Bronco utility — to focus on greater choice in the catalog and a seamless personalization journey for customers. On average, customers added approximately $650 worth of Ford accessories to each Ranger pickup sold in the U.S. in 2019 – the nameplate’s first year returned to the U.S. market.

“The success we’ve seen with Ranger’s personalization is a combination of customer and dealer enthusiasm for Ford-backed accessory options,” said Cin. “Our truck customers don’t need to drive their all-new vehicle off the lot over to an aftermarket outfitter, we are creating a smoother, more integrated experience right here with your Ford Dealership.”
Sponsored

Raptor-EU

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puraleña.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
A lot of nothing.
Vehicle Showcase
That is usually a sign that the manufacturer wants to raise sales and squeeze the maximum profit out of an outgoing model.
And before a complete makeover is leaked-rumoured and placed into the market.
Seen their joint agreement with the Volkswagen group. I am sure they are now closely working on a new platform in which I expect to see hybrid models. And eliminate large parts of the drive chain. By adding 2 electrical motors for the rear wheels.
Going fully electrical is a risky gamble, as these would only be sellable in the richer parts of the world. And would be more difficult to market in the rest of the world.
Diesel is now even being promoted in countries like Japan and China. As they are less pollutive overall.
I live in Europe. And when calculating all the emissions for manufacturing batteries, maintenance and driving costs. Only in Sweden they are less pollutive overall, then the new ISO6.2 norm.
And that is just because Sweden has the highest level of natural energy sources like wind and water power plants.

Hope I can look back to this message in a few years and see that I was correct in my predictions.

Dustoff262

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, black package
What do graphics and a stainless steele plate holder have to do with performance.? I think that is a ridiculous add on as if buyers are duped by trinkets.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I mostly have my 2019 Lariat modded to match my lifestyle already (Ford/Fox Leveling Kit, Ford Performance Tune, etc.), but I would definitely be interested in looking at one of these packages when the next generation of Rangers comes out and I am ready to buy again. Of course, a lot of this stuff is just expensive junk unrelated to performance such as stickers, plate holders, etc., but something like level two (leveling, tune, custom wheels, bigger tires, improved fog lights, etc.) would be a nice addition on the new truck before it leaves the lot!

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Package 3 lists an ARB winch capable bumper. Will this be available in August too? If so, is it the same as the one mentioned by Ford in this media release?

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I must be above average, again.

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Seems grossly over-priced?....
I'm at 1 year July 3rd. Just turned 13,000 miles last weekend. I'm probably going to trade at 50k whenever that is. The only thing that will get me into another Ranger 'for-sure' is a 4x4/AWD Hybrid. Wife has a 2020 escape hybrid that is amazing. 38.7 mpg, 100 mile-average daily commute. Dont get me wrong I like the truck [a lot] but not the fanboy some are...its a truck, kinda high priced for what it is compared to other big-3 full size offerings, it does the job, has some nice features, lacking others..we will see what's out there in about 37,000 miles and what I'm in the mood for.
JMO

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
What do graphics and a stainless steele plate holder have to do with performance.? I think that is a ridiculous add on as if buyers are duped by trinkets.
they're going to be pre-installed by dealers to boost profits, the same way that there are $100k+ modified F150s on the floor at my dealer. turns out, buyers are duped by trinkets. :D

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
It's way cheaper, and much more fun to mod your own. Mines equal to Ford's Performance Level 1 option, and for much less.
IMG_3145.JPG

1593527807336.png

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
"On average, customers added approximately $650 worth of Ford accessories to each Ranger pickup sold in the U.S. in 2019"

1593528159942.png

Last edited:

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
It's way cheaper, and much more fun to mod your own. Mines equal to Ford's Performance Level 1 option, and for much less.
These packages don't make a lot of sense to us who obsess over every detail, but consider the advantages a factory package gives the Average Bro:
  • Dealer-installed for simplicity
    • Also the dealer can pre-install and have one on the lot for test driving/impulse purchases
  • Accessories presumably covered by warranty
  • Most importantly: financing

DaytonBenson

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Shipping and receiving
I do like the wheels. But that's all, I'm probably going with a different company for suspensions and tuning, so this seems wasteful to me. Those tow hooks though...

Deleted member 1634

These packages don't make a lot of sense to us who obsess over every detail, but consider the advantages a factory package gives the Average Bro:
  • Dealer-installed for simplicity
    • Also the dealer can pre-install and have one on the lot for test driving/impulse purchases
  • Accessories presumably covered by warranty
  • Most importantly: financing
Agreed. It's almost always cheaper to do things yourself. But not everyone has the time or skills to do those things. That's why plumbers and auto shops and A&P mechanics exist, among so many others. If everyone had the time and knowledge to plumb in their own bathroom during a remodel for instance, people wouldn't need to spend a bunch extra for a plumber to do it. But they don't, so that's why those professions and options exist.